Tarzan Review!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#150tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 11:05am

So no more reviews of Tarzan's second preview?

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#151tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 11:22am

Checked Tickemaster.com about 15 mins ago, and Orch seats popped up for next Friday...

Just a heads-up...

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#152tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 11:34am

were they obstructed? that seems like whats left

::bust a move::

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#153tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 1:06pm

I just thought I'd throw my two cents in here to say I am very happy to hear that Merle has so many fans. She and I did Smokey Joes Cafe together and she's a real sweetie!

I am not real thrilled about another Disney show coming to Broadway, but based on everyone's early take on the previews, I may have to go and see this one. :)

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

kevs
#154tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 1:34pm

"I know I said I would drop it, but...when people who need to be shirtless or semi-nude in a show, is it legal to ask them to "show the goods" before they decide if they should be cast?"

I believe you can ask them to take off their shirt, if the role calls for the actor to be shirtless. Well, you can ask a man anyway. tarzan review!

Yankeefan007
#155tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 2:59pm

When I bought tickets in December, the ONLY seats left for any of the early previews were Partial View. I plan on sitting on the stairs that decend into the orchestra. It's stadium style.

Josh Freilich
#156tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 4:24pm

Actually I didn't really see it yet, but I hope it's good.
And from what I hear on these boards this could really turn out to be one of Disney's best with a little bit of revisons and tweaking.

And has anyone got a chance to peek in their playbills for the orchestra's names? PM me with the info.

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

Josh Freilich
#157tarzan review!
Posted: 3/26/06 at 6:06pm

Thanks, Yankeefan007 for PMing me with the orchestra members. Very appreciated.

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#158tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 1:03am

I went to get tickets and they asked me to drop trou.
Oh I confused the threads.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#159tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 1:27am

I was really dreading this show coming to Broadway and thought it was going to be a thing to pass...but now reading these reviews I am very curious to see it for myself. I'll just wait to hear the music and that will help me decide ^__^.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#160tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 1:38am

I'm with you emogeek. I had no doubts about Crowley's abilities as a designer or what kind of inventive staging the geniuses as Disney would make possible. What I am less sure of is Phil Collins's score. I looked forward to it in the movie only to hear one good song used theatrically, and the script wasn't nearly as good as the visual artistry. I fear this incarnation suffering in the same ways, so I'm watching eagerly to hear what people have to say about the script and score.

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#161tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 5:06pm

too bad there aren't any production photos yet on tarzanthemusical.com tarzan review!

RIP glebby <3

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#162tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 5:11pm

probably won't see anything professional show up until we get closer to the opening when more solid changes are made

::bust a move::

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#163tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 9:44pm

Can someone post the text of the Variety article about Tarzan?

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#164tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 10:02pm

You can't beat a musical that has singing apes. Now that is high art!
Great to hear that Josh Strickland "has a great entrance" too, though how you know this I'd prefer not to know.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#165tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 11:01pm

Hooray, I just got tickets for Thursday. I'm definitely interested in comparing the show to the first performance to see what changed.

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#166tarzan review!
Posted: 3/27/06 at 11:08pm

Ooooh liotte! Exciting! Have fun--and report back!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

hahaha7
#167tarzan review!
Posted: 3/29/06 at 6:38pm

why does it say it was started by liotte???

kevs
#168tarzan review!
Posted: 3/29/06 at 10:34pm

"Great to hear that Josh Strickland "has a great entrance" too, though how you know this I'd prefer not to know."

Hee! From his pics, Josh Strickland makes me feel all funny inside.

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#169tarzan review!
Posted: 3/29/06 at 11:42pm

Any new reviews?

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#170tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 12:04am

Where are you guys seeing these pictures of the costumes and sets and of Josh? Am I just dumb...?

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#171tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 12:08am

So excited for tomorrow night!!!

And how can there be new reviews if there hasn't been a show since saturday?

treisy
#172tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 4:45pm

I just need to respond to the love handles comment. Josh doesn't have an ounce of fat on his body!!!!! I've seen him up close, in his loin cloth.

hahaha7
#173tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 4:50pm

does anyone have any pics of the show???

kevs
#174tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:10pm

"Where are you guys seeing these pictures of the costumes and sets and of Josh? Am I just dumb...?"

I'm just going by these pics:
http://www.mlamtc.com/joshspopup.htm

He's hot.

There are no official Tarzan pics yet.

Videos