RENT tour thread

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#150re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 12:29am

Oh, I know.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#151re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 9:52am

here's the opening night review from Cleveland's Plain Dealer --

http://www.cleveland.com/onstage/index.ssf/2009/01/a_season_ripe_for_reinvigorate.html

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#152re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 1:30pm

"But plenty of screaming and appreciative "Rent"-heads were happy to pay to attend..."

Ug.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#153re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 1:54pm

"But plenty of screaming and appreciative "Rent"-heads were happy to pay to attend..."

My kind of people and believe it or not when you to to see RENT there will be more people like me then you.

Either way if I'm at the same show as you or not your still getting alot of people like me.

I'm sure I'm not the worst.

Manny2
#154re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 1:56pm

Not "then you" it's "than you!!"

I have only returned so that I can ask you to please not fiercly rape the English language.
That is all.
Buh-bye.

TheatreDiva90016
#155re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 1:57pm

I've seen the show in NY. I have no urge to see it again.

There will be others there that will punch you in the mouth or stick a pen in your eye though, if you scream.

I'll let them do the work.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#156re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 2:08pm

That's true....But....

You cannot stick a pen in everyones eye and you certainly can't punch everyone either.

By doing this about 90% of the audience would be out cold and you lame people would be all that's left maybe 30-50 of you.

Also by punching people and stabbing them with pens that would cause more screaming then ever and YOU would be distracting the people around you. Plus you would waste good money on a ticket and not even see the show.

TheatreDiva90016
#157re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 2:20pm

There would be a show, alright.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#158re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 3:45pm

I'll be there with a case of Bics.

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#159re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 3:47pm

Celery, stabbing one person in the eye with a pen will get the point across.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#160re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 4:07pm

Was that an intended pun?

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#161re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 4:27pm

danmag, dont you know that papermate is much more effective

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#162re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 4:40pm

Good point! (bad pun)

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#163re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/10/09 at 5:08pm

I STIL LOVE SUNFLOWERS!

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#164re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/12/09 at 9:40am

Forgive me for yanking this thread back on-topic re: RENT tour thread

I saw the final performance last night in Cleveland. Believe it or not (and I know this might be blasphemy around here) this was my first exposure to most of the music and show itself.

My reaction? Not bad! I got a bit lost during a few moments, there were some parts that made me go "What the hell?" and some parts just plain annoyed me (I wanted to yell "WE GOT IT THE LAST 65 TIMES YOU TOLD US!!!" whenever I heard "Christmas bells are riiii-nn-ging") :P but overall I found the show very enjoyable. The cast were on FIRE. EVERY member in that cast can belt it out! Lots of energy, too.

And it was a thrill to be in the presence of Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal (I've seen/heard both in other shows and have always liked them).

Now the fun part. The audience was VERY well behaved. My friends who are way more into Rent than I am mentioned this was the first time they've seen the show without the audience screaming or wooing during songs. I did have two "lovebirds" in front of me who felt it necessary to have their heads leaning against one another the entire time. Not good for a short person like me, but I dealt with it.

I also overheard an audience member during intermission state rather matter-of-factly that "They just closed on Broadway and Cleveland is the first city in the world that's seen Rent besides New York." It took all of my self-control to not turn around and say "Uh, no it's NOT!!!" Little things like that amuse me.

I stayed at the stagedoor for about 25 minutes or so but there were no barriers, security, etc, and it didn't seem like anyone was coming out, so I left.

In the end I had fun, some memorable audience encounters, got to hang out with some friends who traveled a few states to see the show, and I can definitely say this tour is in top-form. :)

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2
Updated On: 1/12/09 at 09:40 AM

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#165re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/18/09 at 9:00am

Sounds like alot of fun. To bad nobody came to the stagedoor. I guess they needed to get ready for the next stop.

Anyone else have reviews?

ifuweregay93
#166re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/18/09 at 11:02am

Did you and carrot top get kicked out, Celery?

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#167re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/18/09 at 5:46pm

Not yet.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#167re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/18/09 at 5:46pm

Not yet.

ifuweregay93
#169re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/18/09 at 6:39pm

Oh.

I give it a week.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#170re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/18/09 at 7:33pm

I give it 2 weeks.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#171re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/21/09 at 11:00pm

I didn't bother to read through all the pages on this thread. I'm going on February 11th at the NJPAC. Is anyone else going? I'm hoping it will not be too bad, as it is a Wednesday evening. And this will be the first time I will ever have seen it. My only exposure so far has been the movie.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Manny2
#172re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/21/09 at 11:18pm

You're gonna love it! (at least I hope you will)
Either way, have fun!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#173re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/22/09 at 2:30am

Yeah, I figure I will, because I did actually like the movie. And I know the show will be the same regardless of what day I see it, I was just commenting on hoping there would not be a ton of weird fans there that night, incase it didn't come across as that being the reason I hope it not being too bad.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#174re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/22/09 at 10:19am

and the thread is back....

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."

Videos