pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 78

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#1925Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 5:10pm

Wow! They are really going for an authentic look here! Though, I don't know if the tower fits with the abbey since the abbey wouldn't have had towers like that, or would it? The ruins don't look like they would have, because they don't look as tall. I hope they CGI a completely different set of ruins in with the tower, as well as completely CGI the castle of the princes, because this movie is about imagined people that should have their own imagined buildings.

An interesting thing is in Disney's other take on the Rapunzel story, Tangled, they were thinking on have Rapunzel's tower come from old castle ruins. This is going to be not from a castle but an abbey. It all makes me wonder how, especially back then, to build a tower so high it could only be reached by climbing hair. Well maybe not only reached that way, just most easily reached.

Updated On: 9/22/13 at 05:10 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1926Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 5:56pm

I'm guessing there will still be a lot of "magic" done to these sets in post production. They could add everything from additional architectural elements, to greenery, to lens filters, to "fantasy skies," etc.

In other words, I think they will "fairy tale it up" a bit after they shoot. But I love that they're starting from realistic settings as a foundation.

Yes, I also realize they are shooting on sound stages, so there will definitely be a mixture of both.

I can't wait to see the costumes and how they will work with these settings.

And I can't wait to see a witchy Meryl Streep try to climb that tower. LOL

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1927Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 6:20pm

I hope the camera isn't directly under her dress when she's climbing the tower since it's a Disney family movie and seeing a witch's vagina isn't exactly family friendly, expecially in 3D Imax.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1928Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 6:46pm

No, but I see you're thinking along the lines of "theme part ride."

Gothampc
#1929Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 7:00pm

I just want to say that this is my first post that has received over a million views. I'm so happy.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1930Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 7:13pm

I don't think I've ever seen a thread receive over a million views. Have there been others?

Gothampc
#1931Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 7:20pm

"I don't think I've ever seen a thread receive over a million views. Have there been others?"

Only the Cheyenne video posting.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#1932Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 8:36pm

I hope they have a camera look up the prince's tunic as he's climbing the tower to see that nice dick, balls, and butt in those tights.

Anyway, yea best12bars, I hope they "fairy tale up" the buildings which are just used as a basis to ground the structures.

Updated On: 9/23/13 at 08:36 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1933Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/23/13 at 7:02pm

"Rapunzels's" Prince?

LINK

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1934Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/23/13 at 7:05pm

Cool pic of "Rapunzels's" Prince ... I assume in rehearsal togs ... or they're going super modern in costumes. LOL

N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
#1935Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/23/13 at 7:07pm

Hesitating to get excited for this (Les Mis was an epic disappointment) but all these pictures are lovely.. Hoping for the best.

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1936Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/23/13 at 7:32pm

Little Red Riding Hood and Jack ...

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#1937Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/23/13 at 7:35pm

Personally I think that they were SMART to replace Sophia Grace with Lila Crawford because Sophia is way to young to play Red Riding Hood.

I love that they are building a tower within real ruins. That's cool.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1938Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/23/13 at 7:37pm

I'm excited to see what Lilla can bring to the part. I think she's incredibly talented.

And I think Daniel looks perfect for Jack. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a real standout in the movie.

Mrtrobz
#1939Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 5:47pm

Filming in Dover castle over starts tomorrow for the next three days anyone expecting paparazzi snaps?

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1940Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 6:17pm

The Shepperton sets are on the same plot as the Robin Hood, Prince of Theives was.... fingers crossed it does as well as that!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1941Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 6:57pm

I think it will be hard to keep paparazzi out of the Dover filming, kinda like the barricades shots that were leaked when Les Miz filmed outdoors in Greenwich, England. We'll probably see something.

And if they're following the early/leaked screenplay, the scene at Dover Castle is part of the (non-singing) sequence replacing Happy Ever After. Many (but not all) principals are featured in that scene.

Mrtrobz
#1942Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 7:04pm

I was wondering if they are going to shoot the Ball entrance too. It has been a while since I read the script but I think I can recall the Steps pulling up outside in their carriage. Steps of the Palace could be shot too.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1943Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 7:16pm

Not sure where/how they're doing that, but since Steps of the Palace follows her events during and after the ball(s), those would be at night. So, unless they're doing a night shoot as well, the shoot this weekend would be for Cinderella's wedding (aka Happy Ever After), which features a huge crowd cheering Cinderella and her Prince in a carriage, with Rapunzel and her Prince waiting outside the castle, plus the Stepmother and (blind) Stepsisters, plus Jack and his Mother in the crowd, plus the Witch observing them all from a distance. (No wolf, Little Red or Granny).

Updated On: 9/24/13 at 07:16 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1944Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 7:18pm

I asked Bernadette if she would have a cameo in the film while she was signing for me at the flea market. She raised her eyebrows and gave a little smile. I have no idea what that meant, though. lol

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1945Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 7:21pm

I love that, Jordy. LOL

Either she was being polite to you, or she's keeping mum about something ... or both.

I love Bernadette!

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#1946Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 9:04pm

I just read from one of the entertainment people i follow on Twitter that ANNIE is now scheduled to be released by Sony Pics DEC 19, 2014!...oye...this could hurt BO for WOODS...CAN ANYONE HERE CONFIRM THIS?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1947Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 9:11pm

ANNIE was in fact moved up a week. I don't think it'll affect INTO THE WOODS at all, I really do think INTO THE WOODS will open to great numbers, it's a family-friendly, splashy Disney movie starring the likes of Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep and Anna Kendrick. If it was a summer release, I'd be more worried, but this type of movie does great business around the holidays. Remember TANGLED accumulated a lot of money, and that was without stellar reviews, same for TRON: LEGACY. Hell, even cliched nonsense like PARENTAL GUIDANCE did okay around Christmas, I'm not worried.
Deadline.com

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#1948Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/24/13 at 9:16pm

THANKS RAY u have taken me off the ledge...:)...plus sadly i think a mostly or all black cast of ANNIE will not be a huge box office movie, much like the WIZ was not, or even the first movie of ANNIE...unless the reviews are amazing...

Mrtrobz
#1949Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 1:01pm

Search Dover Castle on twitter there are a few candid snaps. None of the main cast yet though.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos