pixeltracker

"Tale" Closing 16 November- Page 8

"Tale" Closing 16 November

heatha1017 Profile Photo
heatha1017
#175re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/8/08 at 4:44pm

i am so sad that it's closing, this is my favorite show!! re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
if a cast recording is not released i will cry.

Kred
#176re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/8/08 at 8:53pm

Wow that is disgusting. I cannot believe they would want another revival over this beautiful show! I don't buy tickets for warmed over revival shows that I can see at any Junior College. Yuck! I totally LOVED the Tale!!!!!!!!!

johnnyg
#177re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 1:50am

just the facts maam. you can call it whatever you want but at least I know what I'm talking about.

RentBoy86
#178re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 1:58am

I hope the student tickets are hard to get tomm!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#179re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 2:10am

Just got back from the show with Sara. . It was absolutely amazing !!

Theatre was around 85-90 % full, and the crowd went nuts for every song !!! James Barbour got amazing entrance applause, and Natalie Toro's "Out of Sight, Out of Mind" was unreal !!

I asked her about it at the stagedoor, and she said she even surprised herself !!!

Heard James Barbour talking about a possible tour, and if they do, there would be a good chance of a Cast Recording.
(Need it !!!)

Tomorrow's show should be unreal !!!

theatersmitten
#180re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 4:20pm

Ok...I cannot believe what I just read. No amount of soap will ever wash away the dirt off the fingers of the conspirators of this atrocity of a smear on this show. If this is what Broadway is about they just lost another fan. I saw this production 4 times, it is a wonderfully entertaining show. Magnificient voices and a beautiful story. Maybe Madame DeFarge needs to start a new scarf.

bwaybabe2
#181re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 4:49pm

"No amount of soap will ever wash away the dirt off the fingers of the conspirators of this atrocity of a smear on this show. If this is what Broadway is about they just lost another fan"

My sentiments, as well. I am quite sour about how Tale has been treated from the start (even by people who never saw the show, which is quite preposterous...).
I was told something today by a friend that really upset me and is a bit stomach turning that this can exist in our day and time: Apparently "critics" are "well paid" for their "reviews"...if you don't dish out some cash on them, your show will not get a "good" review (my friend's source works closely within the Broadway "net", so he is reliable when he exposes this. Go figure :{

Liza + Jesus = Patti
#182re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 5:08pm

hahaha

the two posts, above me, are the FUNNIEST posts of 2008.

And just in time!

Hilarious.

Are you the ones who also think the Government plants computer chips into the back of convicts brains??

Get real.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#183re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 5:09pm

I'm awfully depressed after a great time. Literally, Wednesday night bought my ticket, Thursday heard it might close Sunday the 9th and was thinking WHY would it change; feeling cofident! Then I went on a retreat from Thurs to today and came back to this! I have to admit, this is one show I would have loved to see over and over and am jealous of all of you who got to see it more than once. Garrr! Best to the cast, now I need to refund/whatever my ticket!

Testing1232
#184re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 8:12pm

<< the two posts, above me, are the FUNNIEST posts of 2008.

And just in time!

Hilarious.
>>

We all should feel so blessed that you joined BWW. I know I do !

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#185re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 8:35pm

Ummm....if all it took was to grease the palms of the reviewers, there would NEVER be a bad review.

(Almost) every show has people that feel THAT was their favorite. But that doesn't sell enough tickets. Please remember that gads of shows get lukewarm to bad reviews and still manage to find an audience. Likewise, some shows get rave reviews and cannot make it. Why is the reviewer the bad guy? S/he is paid to express thier opionion.

Note: I am not saying this is a good or bad show....didn't have a chance to see it. I'm just speaking in generalities.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

theatersmitten
#186re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 8:35pm

Yes it would be funny if it wasn't true.

maddiem
#187re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 9:27pm

I saw todays show and it was just amazing!

Testing1232
#188re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 10:08pm

<< Ummm....if all it took was to grease the palms of the reviewers, there would NEVER be a bad review.
>>

I have absolutely no problems with bad reviews, but I just think they were very harsh with this show.

Just about every major publication "panned it"-

Saw it a number of times, and just trying to gauge audience reaction, the majority of the people in attendance at each show seemed to really enjoy it.

Five people from my office saw it, and they all loved it.

I am not saying that the above statements mean that the show was good (or bad).

It just makes me wonder, thats all.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#189re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/9/08 at 11:20pm

"Heard James Barbour talking about a possible tour, and if they do, there would be a good chance of a Cast Recording. "

so, if there is a tour, they have to make a cast recording? what a weird reason to make it. (but I'm not complaining!)

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

maddiem
#190re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/11/08 at 1:04pm

this show will have a life beyound Broadway.. It is up to the fans to keep it alive and keep spreading the word.. It has touched me and so many other people!!

Videos