Pippin Tour?

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#200Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/8/14 at 5:25pm

TIP: I saw the show 3 times. The first time I went to merch: the souvenir program was sold out, the second time: I got the last one (only 5 minutes from theatre opening 7pm), and third time I heard a lot of people saying that it was sold out. I say that if you're going to see Pippin and collect souvenir programs, buy it online because I'm 100 percent positive that they won't sell them anymore especially since the broadway show is closing.

God knows how many times I've tried to look for the EVITA revival souvenir program... didn't sell at all on tour & haven't seen ONE on ebay.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#201Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/8/14 at 5:38pm

@ JoseLee_ - Just because the Broadway production closes does not mean that the souvenir program won't be sold anymore. MANY tours sell the program even after the Broadway production closes. As long is there is a demand, they will most likely me made.

Darreyl with an L!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#202Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/8/14 at 8:01pm

@darrel102 Actually. When something gets sold out and they stop making it. then they wont sell it. I remeber Priscilla tour the posters got sold out and they didnt sell them no more at the tour. And evita they didnt sell them at all. My point was that to buy it online in case they are gone. playbillstore.com cancels items from closed shows. Example. Newsies souvenir program stopped selling one week after it closed on broadway

pepin3
#203Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/8/14 at 8:40pm

Newsies does sell the program on tour though.

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#204Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/8/14 at 10:18pm

Went to see the matinee today of Pippin, and Lisa Karlin was the leading player. Omg she was amazing! I'm hoping she will be leading player again tomorrow night because I'm going back to see the final show! :)

Has anyone sat in orchestra row G or around there? (Pantages). I splurged and got a seat there for the show tomorrow night aka ramen for a month. I was so taken by this production. :) And, as I said, Lisa Karlin was fantastic! The right blend of charm and meaness in her character, just what I loved about Patina.

Will anyone of you be there tomorrow night? Im planning to wait by stage door after the show. Do cast come out, on final night?

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#205Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/8/14 at 10:31pm

From horsetears: "Put down the box of Franzia, Lisa. It's all gonna be good. You'll still love every other aspect of the show, I'm sure of it."

And yes I did!

Andrea Martin came out stage door, which I thought I had read she rarely does. Was great seeing her in her sweat jacket.. Haha I think she was trying to sneak off incognito. She was in a huge hurry for a meeting. But was fun just to see her. :)

Looking at the cast list by the entrance, seeing who would be Leading Player, I couldn't help but feel happy, because I had heard very good reviews. Again, I echo how blown away I was/am by Lisa Karlin! :)

I also heard Sasha is ill, so Im thinking she won't be there tomorrow or tomorrow night.

Updated On: 11/9/14 at 10:31 PM

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#206Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/9/14 at 3:25am

@ JoseLee_ - What stop in the tour did you see Priscilla, when i saw it, they had posters- and it was closing night.

Darreyl with an L!

TellZ
#207Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/9/14 at 10:47am

Went back this week to see it again, as I'm sure this won't be coming back around. Andrea and Sabrina remain the standouts for me. Sasha seemed a bit more intense, but wish I had gotten to see Lisa Karlin. Wasn't impressed by KDM. Good looking and his voice is quite pleasant, but there was something missing compared to Matthew. He was very good, but I'm insanely glad we saw Matthew the first time.

I'd be curious to see the show without Andrea to see who walks away with it. I suspect it would be Sabrina, who is just on effing point from the moment she walks on stage.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#208Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/9/14 at 11:49am

Arnez rejoins the tour on Tuesday, but no word of who's playing Berthe on Broadway for the rest of it's run??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#209Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:20am

Just got back from closing night in LA.

It was great once again. Enjoyed it more, after having read up on the history of the show, and Fosse's interpretation. Good crowd, but not as good as when I saw it the first night it was there.

Some stray observations-

I was thinking that KDM wasn't as good as MJT, and then he took his shirt off. Hot damn, that boy is CUT.

Sasha Allen- once again sang it perfectly, but yeah, after reading about the show, she can't pull off the sinister undertones of the Lead Player. She might be just too nice a person, and not enough of an actress. Still, she's a major talent.

The reaction to Andrea Martin was huge, but not nearly what it was the first night. KDM's "That's my grandma" was much more subdued than MJT's.

With all the raves here about Sabrina Harper, I paid attention this time and yeah, she is really wonderful. Star quality for days.

I wanted my friend to see it, but he wasn't able to go tonight. Therefore I may be making the trip down to the OC to see it a third time!

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#210Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 3:21am

Tonight I too was there and so had a chance to see Sasha. Singing was phenomenal but there was no energy to her dancing, and she didn't have that menacing vibe to her, like the LP should. Yesterday matinee when I went and saw Lisa, I actually felt so badly for Catherine after how she was being treated. Tonight, I didn't feel that. Sasha's was more like a hissy fit. Like she was mildly annoyed as opposed to evil biotch mode. Pippin Tour?

So yea... in summary, Sasha's voice is amazing. But so is Lisa's, plus the added dancing and acting abilities. I'm glad I had the chance to see them both, and I hope others here will too, as the tour makes it's way through.

I was going to wait until San Diego to see it again and make the trip out, but wow that's almost a year away. Hmm maybe I too will travel out to Orange County. I'm addicted! :)

As a side note: Saw Annie Potts outside the stage door tonight. Oh my goodness, that woman has seriously discovered the Fountain of Youth! She looks amazing. :)

Updated On: 11/12/14 at 03:21 AM

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#211Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/12/14 at 12:23am

Did anyone go tonight to see Pippin in Orange County? If so, how was it? Place looks huge. I might try and go before the end of the run.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#212Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/12/14 at 2:45am

lisa - it's massive. Nearly 3,000 seats.

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#213Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/12/14 at 3:20am

Are you located in So Cal? Are you going to try and catch it? I'm waiting to see what others experiences are. In general, on Yelp, people are very happy with the venue.

Updated On: 11/12/14 at 03:20 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#214Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/12/14 at 6:22am

Yes, I'm in SoCal. No, I'm not seeing it in OC. Maybe in SD next year - if I still live there. As for Segerstrom, it's massive and depending upon your seats you can end up feeling like you're miles away from the stage. You can see seat views on their site.

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#215Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/12/14 at 8:59pm

if you search on Tumblr, there are a couple of recordings from the tour so far that i have found. One of Lisa singing "Simple Joys", and one of Sasha singing "Glory".

Updated On: 11/14/14 at 08:59 PM

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#216Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/12/14 at 9:22pm

Ive decided to go ahead and purchase a ticket, since this is definitely it at least until San Diego end of summer next year, and also possibly last chance to see some of the current touring cast members. AND to see Lucie Arnaz!

Going the evening of Nov 22.

Replacement Cast Profile Photo
Replacement Cast
#217Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/14/14 at 11:05am

Saw this last night in OC. I also saw it on B'way a year ago. I have to say that I thought B'way cast was great (except for Matthew James Thomas was so bland) the tour cast leads were individually and collectively much, much better. If you can see this tour, go. Kyle Dean Massey was the standout. I even thought Rubenstein's portrayal was better than Mann's and Lucie Arnaz was at the top of her game. Catch this cast of the tour. You will not regret it.

Nice is different than good.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#218Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/14/14 at 1:26pm

Replacement Cast, may I ask how your seats were?

I bought tickets thought Goldstar for Tuesday. It doesn't give you the location, it just says Orchestra Rows R to Z, and says the original price was 89.00.

I'm worried the seats will be terrible!!

Replacement Cast Profile Photo
Replacement Cast
#219Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/14/14 at 3:07pm

lovebwy: 5th row, center. I bought them from the SCFTA website where you can pick your seats. It's the best way to get tix for that venue because most of the house is awful for musical theatre because it's so huge. Whenever I attempt to see musical theatre there I won't go past 10th row and always as near center as possible, otherwise it's not worth 89 cents, let alone the $89 I paid -- and Orchestra only, those balconies are a joke. It's not a theatre, it's an architects woody. Hopefully your seats will be to your liking. Enjoy the show!

Nice is different than good.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#220Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/14/14 at 3:19pm

Thanks for the info!

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#221Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/14/14 at 7:30pm

I bought tickets through the segerstrom site as well. AA (3rd row from stage), but all the way to the left, next to aisle. The only close seat I could find for the evening I want to go. At least I won't have anyone squishing me from one side. To Replacement Cast: even though it's all the way to the left, do you think it will be okay? When I was there at Pantages, I noticed a few times Pippin or an acrobat or 2 would go out into the aisles. Will they do that at this theatre too, and any action on the left side?

I realize there will probably be sightline issues, but Im okay with that.

Did you go to stage door?

To LoveBwy: your seats sound like they'd be really good, from the seating chart I've seen. :) Enjoy the show and have fun! :)

Updated On: 11/14/14 at 07:30 PM

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#222Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/14/14 at 7:40pm

Thanks lisa!! We can discuss after we see it!!!

v_sawyer
#223Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/15/14 at 1:22pm

For SCFTA, Pippin and some of the cast do go out onto the aisles! I noticed Pippin would be on the left side of the orchestra :)

The stage door is easy to find, it's directly on the backside of the building (on avenue of the arts/ directly across the street from the avenue of the arts apartments) - you can't miss it! :)

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#224Pippin Tour?
Posted: 11/15/14 at 10:48pm

Pippin Tour?

Found a photo of Lisa Karlin as the LP with Andrea Martin, definitely brings a new twist to the role!

Videos