pixeltracker

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal- Page 9

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

robin3 Profile Photo
robin3
#200re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:46am

yeah, and the photos are kind of intimidating also.

Actinggbugg474
#201re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:50am

I was literally smashed against their "getaway car," haha. I couldn't move at all. People were constantly trying to wedge their way closer to the stage door and eventually the car was completely swarmed. Some girl actually tried to get in the car with them and the stage door guy who was helping them get through the crowd had to physically grab her and pull her out. I had to help them open the trunk to get the guitars in because people were laying on the car and they couldn't even get to the trunk .. it was crazy. My family stood across the street and observed, haha .. they were smart.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#202re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:53am

How did they even get the car out? I was trying to figure out how they were going to safely do it, but didn't feel like waiting around.

I didn't get great pics but here are the two that came out:

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

(I'm standing in the middle of the street taking the crowd shot, that's how far the people went.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 01:53 AM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#203re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:54am

I'd like to see them afterward, even just to congratulate them or whatever. I don't really care about pictures or autographs, but I doubt I'm going to brave that mess. I have no patience for people like the ones described in actinggbugg's post above me. At all.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 01:54 AM

Actinggbugg474
#204re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:56am

The car JUST about hit some people. Once they were in it rolled up a little and people kind of scooted out of the way .. and then he just gunned it. I mean, he just took off and I guess he just prayed that no one was in front of him because he definitely would've hit them.

jimnysf
#205re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:58am

I have no patience for people like the ones described in the post above me. At all.

Common ground at last! I agree 100%. They are sick, sick people and will eventually cause someone to get hurt.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#206re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:59am

I think any remotely sane person would agree with that.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#207re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:02am

And whoever said Adam looked "soft" (i think that was the word used), he looked great. He's not "built" but by no means does he look man-boob Aida style.

Em, I died when he strips in LVB to his almost wifebeater shirt, lol! Prepare yourself!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#208re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:05am

All Mimi's do the cross thing- I think Daphne did it originally and Ive seen pretty much every Mimi since do it too.
Some follow it up with what i will call a "dead jesus" motion, some dont- i know Yassmin Alers and Dom Roy used to play dead for a sec there, it was kinda cute.

im still curious as to how Tamyra handles the glitter without any hair to store it in (pulls it our of her bra? kinda odd) and id also LOVE to hear what she sounds like! AHEM.

Actinggbugg474
#209re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:06am

When you are pressed body to body with people in a crowd all you can do is listen to the stuff they are saying ... and most of those people were literally obsessed. The girl beside me was actually contemplating jumping in the trunk when the guy opened it to put the guitars in. When the car left she took off down the block behind it (along with a ton of other people) .. it was ridiculous .. and sad.

*The glitter was a little awkward. She just sprinkles it in front of her .. and with all the drug baggies in the show .. I bet a lot of people assumed she was sprinkling her "stash" on the ground. She is an amazing singer, however, and it wasn't that big of a deal.* Updated On: 8/1/07 at 02:06 AM

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#210re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:09am

lawyer - she pulls a packed out of her bra, sprinkles it, and throws in to the side. Honestly, they should have just cut the whole thing because it looks stupid doing it that way. Only real major beef I had with that performance.

Actingg - I'm not surprised...at all. And the sad part is most of the girls I heard saying stuff like that, had their parents right there with them, and the parents were just in la la land.

jarred03
#211re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:45am

Question for anybody or everybody who has seen the show with Adam, Anthony, and Tamyra. When I saw Tamyra on her opening night she gave me chills with her emotional performance of "Goodbye Love" and her and Tim Howar got very physical during it. Since then some people said that usually Roger and Mimi aren't so physically violent during that, so my question is Were Tamyra and Adam very physical with each other? and also people have mentioned that Tamyra and Adam have great romantic chemistry together, but How do their voices sound together?, because although I liked Tim all I could think was how great Tamyra and Adam would sound together. So are they as amazing together as I envision? because in my head they could create some of the greatest duets ever? especially during the "Goodbye Love" scene.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#212re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 2:55am

they had o.k. chemistry, I wouldn't say "great", but it was only their second performance. Goodbye wasn't really physical at all, I don't know why it would be. I mean Adam pushes her away from him, but it's nothing major.

Their voices did work well together, I was pleasantly impressed.

misschung
#213re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:08am

I agree, I thought they were decent together but there was no real zing to them as a couple on stage. They worked, though.

Tink, I'm so glad you had fun! The crowd/stagedoor seems to be the same as Monday night. I'm thinking I will never get to see them during this run- oh well.

Em, I died when he strips in LVB to his almost wifebeater shirt, lol! Prepare yourself!
I texted Emcee during intermission about this - my jaw dropped. I was like yes, it's the black sleeveless shirt! I thought he looked amazing

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#214re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:42am

Adam and Tamyra will probably gain some chemistry as they get used to each other.

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

misschung
#215re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:46am

jarred - they were more physical during Another Day. They pushed each other around and stuff

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#216re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:48am

I remember now that she does send him flying during the beginning of "Goodbye Love". He almost fell into the pianco player. I did love that during a few songs they really got into each others faces.

Updated On: 8/1/07 at 10:48 AM

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#217re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:02pm

"Hmmm. I'm not sure I felt quite as thrilled about the evening as the rest in this thread. I think I could have done without the mid-song and mid-scene shrieking."

Uh-huh. I rest my case.

AH. THERE you are orange! Tell me, what did I think of the show? I'm curious, since you have me all figured out.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#218re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:11pm

I'm going to the Saturday mat with my friends and they're all obsessing over it. I'm excited to see the show, but I told them if the crowds are that bad there's no way I'm waiting at the stagedoor.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

misschung
#219re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:18pm

I'm sort of bummed about the stagedoor situation, but at the same time, I don't want my 'meeting Adam and Anthony' moment to be diluted by people pushing and shoving and tearing their hair out either, hehe. MIGHT ruin the moment

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#220re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:27pm

That's only a little bit of a moment ruiner. :P

I really hope things get sorted out. I've never met either Anthony or Adam or seen them, come to think of it) and would love to, so..

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

misschung
#221re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:29pm

I mean, I would be more than happy to meet them anyway, but the girl who took a pic with Anthony showed it to me, and he was like SO flustered and they were totally squashed by people, I was like woah...

when are you seeing the show, guitargirl?

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#222re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:45pm

August 25th, the matinee. 3 weeks seems like such a long time, now, but it'll probably pass quickly.

misschung
#223re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:48pm

It will be here before you know it re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

I'm curious to know if they come out after matinées.

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#224re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:53pm

I am, as well. If not weekday matinees, hopefully weekend, because there's really only 3 weekend shows (if you count Friday's).

Videos