pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 94

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#2325Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 1:57pm

Do we know if Emma Pittman as Roxie will ever come to be? Especially with her latest Instagram post.

BCfitasafiddle
#2326Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 1:58pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Do we know if Emma Pittman as Roxie will ever come to be? Especially with her latest Instagram post."

They better let her play the role. That would be terrible if she never got to.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2327Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 2:32pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "CHICAGO is back to its lazy old habits, I see. Oy."

I bet Twitter stans are irate that a white actress is replacing a Latinx one. They’d say that’s unacceptable in 2022!

Oh look, a bibu!

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2328Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 7:09pm

This is the text of Emma Pittman's IG post.  Seriously, "Chicago" needs to setttle on a date and allow that talented lady to shine.  "As the Queen Mother says in The Crown:  "she needs to shine." E.P. is being kind and diplomatic.  The producers of the show should step up!

"Today marks 2 years since the announcement of #thesearchforroxie holy cow two whole years.. I’ve had so many people reaching out to me recently about my dates for Chicago, and I feel terrible telling them, I still don’t have an answer 😩 when the pandemic hit, they shifted my initial dates into the future, and at the moment they are still unconfirmed. but!!!! the truth of the matter is, they are dealing with so many more variables here, ~*especially*~ with Miss Rona stil running around. although there are so many elements out of my control, i am training my body, voice, and mind in preparations for this role. whenever Chicago is ready for me, I’ll be here."  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
BCfitasafiddle
#2330Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 10:03pm

That's a cute post. You can tell she's itching to do to do.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#2331Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 10:04pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Do we know if Emma Pittman as Roxie will ever come to be? Especially with her latest Instagram post."

They better let her play the role. That would be terrible if she never got to.
"

Her audition was really amazing too! 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2332Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 10:42pm

To remind people of Emma Pittman's audition, here are two of the casting directors and Charlotte D'Amboise seeing Emma Pittman's "spectacular shimmy."  It  begins at 1:13.  "Alright, we love her!!"   "She's sharp!"  https://youtu.be/Ajo1qdPeqm4

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 1/10/22 at 10:42 PM

BrodyFosse123
ksdc
#2334Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 11:21am

According to this interview, Emma was never given a contract and is not an Equity member. Sadly, it seems her win was only symbolic, but had no guaranteed reward. 
(Her statement about not being given a contract upon winning is at the end of the interview.) 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#2335Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 1:57pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread"

She shared this photo on her Story! 

I mean even if they only put Emma in the show for 2-3 weeks as Roxie (Are they reluctant because of ticket sales?), just put Emma onstage and put her on the playbill. 

BCfitasafiddle
#2336Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 4:12pm

I wish I could've seen this in the fall with Ana, Bianca, and Lillias. It felt like Chicago really had a new sense of excitement and energy. Charlotte is a great Roxie, but it's not gonna get me to the show anytime soon. And if Amra is there still... that's not a draw for me either. Just feels stale. 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2337Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 6:15pm

If she ever plays Roxie, which I doubt will ever happen, I’ll eat crow. 
as a Chicago hardcore fan ( I’ve seen it over one hundred times)  I’d rather see Charlotte/Bianca - them doing nowadays and the rag I bet is amazing. Watching Charlotte dance is nothing short of perfection. 

https://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/grammy-winner-mya-postpones-broadway-debut-in-chic_12820.html 
I’m still waiting for her restart dates :-P

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2338Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 8:14pm

I also think that the days of Roxie and Velma doing the cartwheel  at the end are gone.  

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#2339Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 9:43pm

JBradshaw said: "If she ever plays Roxie, which I doubt will ever happen, I’ll eat crow.
as a Chicago hardcore fan ( I’ve seen it over one hundred times) I’d rather see Charlotte/Bianca - them doing nowadays and the rag I bet is amazing. Watching Charlotte dance is nothing short of perfection.

https://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/grammy-winner-mya-postpones-broadway-debut-in-chic_12820.html
I’m still waiting for her restart dates :-P
"

Our future stars, Emma Pittman and Mya in Chicago. 

Total dream casting here - but I would love if Vanessa Hudgens performed in Chicago. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#2340Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 9:53pm

The search for stunt casting resumes, I guess? Could we start reconsidering Jane Krakowski again? 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2341Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/11/22 at 11:59pm

No. Jane Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread 

stuntwise go “company-like” and have Bebe as Billi Flynn

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2342Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/12/22 at 6:20am

While there is a fairly good selection of possible Roxies, the number of available and experienced Velmas is not large.  If the producers wanted to go really radical in a Velma choice, then maybe J Harrison McGee might be a possibility.  McG played Velma at the MUNY at one point.

BrodyFosse123
#2343Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/12/22 at 8:35am

JBradshaw said: "No. Jane Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

"

THIS would be fantastic, plus Billy Flynn has zero romantic plot lines with anyone in CHICAGO so no altering of the script is needed.  Even the “we love Billy” chant can imply many things not just sexual.  I think this idea would add a new spark to the show and bring new interest once again.  heart

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2344Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/12/22 at 10:24am

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "The search for stunt casting resumes, I guess? Could we start reconsidering Jane Krakowski again?"

I can't go through that Jane Krakowski speculation again! LOL

But I love the idea of gender-swapped casting. The clips I saw of J. Harrison Ghee didn't really do anything for me, but I think that was more the direction, but I love the idea of finding a "Billie Flynn" assuming they adjust the keys into something comfortable for the ear.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#2345Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/12/22 at 10:26am

BrodyFosse123 said: "JBradshaw said: "No. Jane Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

"

THIS would be fantastic, plus Billy Flynn has zero romantic plot lines with anyone in CHICAGO so no altering of the script is needed. Even the “we love Billy” chant can imply many things not just sexual. 
"

Even if the script did have romantic/sexual implications for Billy, why would that be a problem with a female Billy? 

BrodyFosse123
#2346Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/12/22 at 11:02am

Even if the script did have romantic/sexual implications for Billy, why would that be a problem with a female Billy?

CHICAGO doesn’t so I think it’s wasteful to assume hypotheticals. Eating Oreos is more productive than entertaining a non-existing hypothetical idea.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2347Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/13/22 at 7:56pm

Bianca Marroquin is suffering from vertigo (per her IG page) and will not return until Jan. 17th.  Who is Velma until then?  I guess this will enable the Velma understudies to have a chance to shine.  

Updated On: 1/14/22 at 07:56 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2348Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/15/22 at 3:16pm

Hopefully, the two Velma understudies: "Mary Claire King and Christine Cornish Smith, have been getting a chance to shine during Bianca Marroquin's absence.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2349Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/15/22 at 3:43pm

https://fb.watch/ayWR_V2HAL/

Videos