pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 98

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2425Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/26/22 at 1:52pm

That’s a short clip, her monologue gets even funnier. 

Sandy was hands down one of the best. 
Sandy and Ruthie Henshall were a perfect Roxie/Velma. 

It’s ashame Fran and Barry decided last min not to extend her contract - they didn’t want to pay two star salaries - cause Bebe/Sandy would of been amazing. 

random…I LOVED Sandy’s “All That Jazz/Funny Honey” Roxie dress

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpoUBqo1-os

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "https://youtu.be/DmBv5gjsaZ4 Sandy Duncan is very funny in this all-too-brief video clip as Roxie Hart. Who had the pleasure of seeing her perform in 2000?"

Updated On: 2/26/22 at 01:52 PM

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2426Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/26/22 at 1:52pm

Updated On: 2/26/22 at 01:52 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2427Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/2/22 at 12:29am

March 13th will be Jennifer Fouche's last day as Matron Mama Morton.   Hayley Swindal would be a wonderful Matron.  She is fantastic!  I heard her sing in a personal video.  I'm so tired (from playing tennis) that I can't think of the name of that site, off the bat.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

pattilupony
#2428Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/2/22 at 1:20pm

Bianca is also leaving March 13. Any word on who's replacing her? Please not AFW....

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2429Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/2/22 at 2:15pm

Seems like Charlotte may also leave early. Dylis Croman has hinted she's coming back. Why can't this show get some fresh faces into these leads?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2430Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/2/22 at 6:32pm

My wish would be for Dylis Croman to return as Roxie...and then serve as a mentor to an incoming Emma Pittman.  As Judy Tenuta says:  "It can happen!"

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2431Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/2/22 at 9:52pm

No to the dylis, sorry. 
she’s a fine generic Roxie. 

the show needs *something* more cause it’s stale as hell. 

props for quoting Judy. Love! Good job PIG

hell Judy T as Mama 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2432Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/3/22 at 5:44pm

How about Lucy Lawless or Lynda Carter as Matron Mama Morton?  Both of them have a significant fan base.   I think L.L. was Mama in a Hollywood Bowl production of Chicago.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2433Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/3/22 at 5:44pm

How about Lucy Lawless or Lynda Carter as Matron Mama Morton?  Both of them have a significant fan base.   I think L.L. was Mama in a Hollywood Bowl production of Chicago.  

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2434Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/3/22 at 6:01pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "How about Lucy Lawless or Lynda Carter as Matron Mama Morton? Both of them have a significant fan base. I think L.L. was Mama in a Hollywood Bowl production of Chicago."

Lynda Carter played Mama Morton in 2005 in the London production of CHICAGO. 

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2435Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 10:54am

For today's performances at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., Chicago understudies Jessica Ernest (Roxie Hart) and Mary Claire King (Velma Kelly) will take on those principal roles.  Last night, it was Rachel Schur as Roxie Hart and Christine Cornish Smith  as Velma Kelly.  It's good that those understudies are getting opportunities to perform their respective roles. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2436Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 10:57am

So did Charlotte return on Monday or not?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

pattilupony
#2437Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 10:00pm

ACL2006 said: "So did Charlotte return on Monday or not?"

She definitely was on Monday night... but not sure how many she did after that. She's definitely been out since at least Friday as has Bianca.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2438Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 10:10pm

If Justina Machado wasn't so busy, I'd love for her to take on Roxie; she was meant to come to Broadway with Mambo Kings before it got cancelled.

Chrissy Metz could be a fun Mama Morton, we know she can sing performing on the Oscars.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2439Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 11:57pm

I think she migh make a wonderful Matron Mama Morton.  Machado would not be a good choice for Roxie.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2440Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/8/22 at 6:55am

Rachel Schur Chase announced on her Instagram page that she's taking on the principal role of Roxie for a time.  I'm thinking she'll be the official Roxie after Charlotte and before Pamela?  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2441Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/8/22 at 9:24am

It might be immediately. Doesn't sound like Charlotte can continue. Also guessing Dylis can't jump in until Anderson starts. Easier to do it this way and then just bring in a veteran to cover Rachel's track.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2442Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/9/22 at 6:30am

The fabulous Hayley Swindal is making a  return as Matron Mama Morton from Mon. March 14 ---Sun. March 20th.  I once requested a Cameo from her.  She is sooo amazing!!!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2443Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/9/22 at 9:46am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "The fabulous Hayley Swindal is making a return as Matron Mama Morton from Mon. March 14 ---Sun. March 20th. I once requested a Cameo from her. She is sooo amazing!!!"

Who?  Here’s hoping there’s some additional exciting stunt casting done for Pamela’s run.  She just brought back the spark and excitement CHICAGO has been missing for decades.  So many people I know who don’t care for Broadway are buying tickets to see her.  Can she sing?  Can she dance?  Who cares!  Melanie Griffith proved Roxie doesn’t need to do either.  Heck, she received a rave review in NYT.  Pamela’s accessible and charismatic personality will radiate on that Ambassador stage.  Enough with this “who is she?” fill ins.  

pattilupony
#2444Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/9/22 at 9:56am

Amra Faye has been back as Velma the past two nights. Wonder if Bianca will be back at all to finish out her last week, but if they brought Amra in I suspect she might not be.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2445Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/9/22 at 11:30am

Geez, Bianca sure has been out a lot.

pattilupony
#2446Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/9/22 at 1:02pm

ACL2006 said: "Geez, Bianca sure has been out a lot."

She did an interview a few weeks ago about developing severe vertigo after her bout with covid and spending the holidays in the hospital. That's why she missed most of January and extended her contract the first time. Hope she's alright, sad to think of the long term effects covid might have on these performers who were exposing themselves to it this past year.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2447Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/12/22 at 6:31pm

Jeff Gorti (Chicago's Billy Flynn u/s) will be involved with the Encore 2022 New York City Center production of "The Life".  He will return to "Chicago" once "The Life" ends its run.

hearthemsing22
#2448Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/12/22 at 8:35pm

I'm confused-I was going to see what prices were like for when Pamela Anderson starts her run...they've either all sold out or they're not on sale yet because on Telecharge I can't click on the dates. Anyone else experiencing this?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#2449Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/12/22 at 9:12pm

It has to be a glitch, it’s working just fine for me.

Videos