hmpeterson
#2re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 11:57am

Not too much of a surprise here.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 12:00pm

I'm always happy to hear about an understudy getting bumped up! Congrats to Savannah!

(Almost makes me want to see this. Almost.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#3re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 12:04pm

Congratulations to the brilliant Savannah Wise!!!

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#4re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 12:10pm

Good for her! Saw her last weekend and she was wonderful!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#5re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 12:14pm

Saw her Tues for the 2nd time-- She is SOOO good in this role !

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#6re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:01pm

What a wonderful break for her! I get to see her soon!!

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

VocalLizzy Profile Photo
VocalLizzy
#7re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:03pm

Seeing the show tonight...saw her as the U/S Sherrie for the first time off-Broadway on Halloween 08...great then, AMAZING now...

Very well deserved!

Rock it, Miss Wise!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:04pm

Damn. I was hoping it would have been Patti.

Barney Stinson
#9re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:39pm

That's great for S Wise, she is better in the role than Spanger was, IMO. But the girl who was filling Wise's spot as Waitress #1, she's needs to be replaced. It's a minor role I guess, but she doesn't really have . . . "it". At least not for this show. Doesn't ruin the show or anything, but it was a noticeable downgrade.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#10re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:40pm

*does happy dance* She's a sweetheart!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#11re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:41pm

Good for her. I love these kind of stories.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#12re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:41pm

They've signed Wise to a temporary contract through September.

My guess is they'll try and bring in some sort of "name" (C-list, no doubt) come the fall.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#13re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:50pm

I'm glad to hear such good things about her. I'll be seeing the show in a few weeks (if all goes as planned).

Barney Stinson
#14re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 1:52pm

This is the type of show that draws many people who probably didn't have the first clue who Amy Spanger was, and they probably won't know the "C list" Bway actress playing the next Sherrie either (unless they go the AI route or similiar) and . . . the grosses haven't suffered at all with S Wise, so if it ain't broke come September . . .

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#15re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 2:02pm

I meant someone in the likelihood of the American Idol variety.

Constantine Maroulis's contract also expires in September. They want him to do a sit down production in LA in the spring, so my guess is that he'll leave in the fall to do other things before that (which is why I'm guessing that's when they'll go for lesser "name" actors to come in as replacements.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

dg22894
#16re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 4:26pm

Good For her! I kinda wanted Lauren Molina to take over though

kate86 Profile Photo
kate86
#17re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 4:51pm

congrats to her. though not much of a surprise!

4-11-10 Wicked (Oberhausen) ~ 8-7-10 Promises, Promises ~ 8-8-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-12-10 Bway @Bryant Park ~ 8-15-10 Jersey Boys + Sing for the Cure ~ 8-18-10 American Idiot ~ 8-19-10 Wicked Divas (Murney/Mackey) in Saratoga Springs, NY ~ 8-21-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-23-10 Natalie Weiss @Birdland ~ 8-24-10 Wicked ~ 9-4-10 Wicked (Oberhausen)

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#18re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 5:00pm

She is terrific. Congrats to Savannah!!!!

Barney Stinson, you are so right about the girl who replaced Savannah's "waitress" role. When I saw her, she was off on all the dance steps and couldn't keep up with the other girls. Like you said, nothing that ruins the show, but some noticeable flaws. And you would think she would be better at it now since Savannah has been covering Sherrie since beginning of June (if this is the same girl who covered Savannah's role the whole time.)

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#19re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 6:06pm

When I saw the show on the 27th and 28th the girl playing waitress #1 was better then you guys have been saying, so I guess she has improved.... her wig/costume seemed a bit "off" though....

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Barney Stinson
#20re: Savannah Wise Takes Over Lead Role of Sherrie in ROCK OF AGES
Posted: 7/9/09 at 6:31pm

I saw it 6/27 (8pm) and thought she was poor. Her wig is pretty terrible. They should get her a blonde one.

Videos