Where is Xanadu?

Parks
#1Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 4:03am

Is Xanadu still in Tokyo? What's going on with the tour?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 5:05am

I was going to say, it used to be here in LA, until the place burned down. Now it's a public park, and they kept one of the arches from the original building out in the front of the new recreation center.

I drive past it almost every day.

But that wasn't what you were asking...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

tourboi
#2re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 6:14am

Tour is on hiatus and starts up again in the winter.

bwaychicago
#3re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 7:20am

Will the tour cast this fall be the same cast that played in Chicago?

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#4re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 3:09pm

I just wish Tickets would go on sale already. lol

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

raggballad2 Profile Photo
raggballad2
#5re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 3:25pm

No, the cast won't be the same...Joanna Glushak (Calliope) will be touring with Young Frankenstein, and I think Jason Michael Snow will stay with South Pacific. Not sure about any others...

SakeDad Profile Photo
SakeDad
#6re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:19pm

Tickets ARE on sale. Costa Mesa, Sacramento, Portland, Orlando, Tampa, Pittsburgh and more.....where are you looking?? Tour starts back up in December.

"God, I hope it's not a REAL emergency...I only brought one bottle of Vodka!" That's my Diva Dog, Sake in the picture.

tourboi
#7re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:24pm

Season tix are on sale, but single tickets in many markets don't start until Sept.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#8re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:25pm

What's the website? I've tried looking for them and can't find them. Then again, I havn't looked in a while. Costa mesa and Cleveland.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:31pm

Costa Mesa: http://www.ocpac.org/home/Events/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=885

Not on sale until October, though.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

tourboi
#10re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:34pm

Several of the markets on the tour are through Broadway Across America (www.broadwayacrossamerical.com), and Cleveland's local presenter is Playhouse Square (www.playhousesquare.com). The full route will probably be posted in a month or so. Before they can announce the route publicly, all presenters bringing in the show have to be ready to announce their seasons, and some still aren't.

SakeDad Profile Photo
SakeDad
#11re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:34pm

Costa Mesa goes on sale in October...info here http://www.ocpac.org/home/Events/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=885

Cleveland info here but tix not on sale yet..... http://www.playhousesquare.com/Events/Events.aspx?EventID=1843

"God, I hope it's not a REAL emergency...I only brought one bottle of Vodka!" That's my Diva Dog, Sake in the picture.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#12re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:55pm

My heart is still broken over the sit-down leaving Chicago so soon.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#13re: Where is Xanadu?
Posted: 8/2/09 at 2:52am

Phyl, Meet me in Pittsburgh in February and we'll go together. That's about half-way between you and me, isn't it? I'll even buy your ticket.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

Videos