UnGLEEful

jennafan
#50re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:02pm

I was never a fan of Lea Michele, but she and Matt carry this show. It seems every song she sings in the show turns to gold (top 10 on iTunes).
The third episode was terrible. They need to get rid of that old choir teacher, he is doing NOTHING for the show. I also think that girl in the choir with the blue hair is just a waste. She isn't even doing anything yet and it's episode 3.

I knew the ratings wouldn't be great last night because it went against the America's Got Talent finale.

Glee cannot be a cheap show to make, Fox had to promote the HECK out of it to get 6-7 million viewers?! I don't know if it will last. Not just for promotion costs, but they also have to pay for all the songs in the show to get the rights.

I thought the songs in last nights episode were REALLY bad. The one I did like was the snippit of Matt singing "This is How We Do It" I wish he recorded THAT song.

Gothampc
#51re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:03pm

"It's a show involving musical numbers. That hasn't been done in this format, it's new and uncharted territory."

The original Fame tv series did it back in the 80s and ran for 136 episodes. If anything, Fame should be their template.

The problem is that the show is not integrating the songs into the storyline (What is this "Big River"?). I would have believed the black girl's song much more had they taken the time to write a more coherent storyline. Why did she have to fall in love in the gay guy in the glee club? The breaking of the windows ruins the confidence level between the two.

If they wanted a better storyline, they should have had Jane Lynch's character bribe one of the football players into seducing the black girl, then having her find out it was all a trick. She could have sung her song, but not disrupted the close bonds with her fellow glee club members and would have been more character driven.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 9/17/09 at 07:03 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#52re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:08pm

Erm no Trish. If anything it could run 3 years. The ratings are good and audiences are responding.

I get that some people aren't liking it but some people are treating it like it's Cougartown or that Geico Caveman sitcom.

RentBoy86
#53re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:16pm

Oh, gotcha. Well, I guess they planned for that then. That's good.

(And on a side note, does anyone else think Cougartown will be gone in like two episodes at the most? What a stupid idea for a show.)

But back on subject, I do feel like the show sort of meanders. I like Murphy a lot, although I hated "Running with Scissors." But I loved when he ended Nip/Tuck a few seasons ago with them all singing a song together like a big montage. That was semi-brilliant.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#54re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:18pm

"You are of course entitled to your opinion Chita but you are writing your opinion as fact. I found last night's episode the funniest of the 3 and the most revealing in terms of characters. I disagree they're moving too fast...It may not be your cup of tea, which is totally fine, but don't state your opinions as fact when plenty of people got a lot of laughs and a lot of reason behind last night's episode. It was my favorite of the 3."

I still don't know what exactly you have against me as I never truly did anything to you but you are always being a complete @$$ to me.

I never said that my opinions were facts. Did I ever say, "It's a fact that..."? No! I also didn't say "My opinion is that..." but that doesn't me I'm stating them as facts. You are trying WAY to hard to prove me wrong in some way. You are the biggest contrarian, and you obviously have something against me but I still don't know what it is. I will tell you this, get over yourself and get a life!

Gothampc
#55re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:19pm

In case you didn't see it coming at you like a mac truck head on, Lea Michele and the gay guy are going to have conflict over their crushes on Finn. Crikey, I could have written this show better.

Let's take bets on the song the two of them will sing in their conflict.

First choice: Barbra Streisand/Kim Carnes Duet "Make No Mistake, He's Mine."

Second choice: I Know Him So Well

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#56re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:28pm

I think you're the one with the complex because I didn't say anythign that was insulting or out of line there with you. I simply said you were stating your opinion as fact, but you are entitled to it, and then proceeded to provide a counter opinion.

I've never flung a exploitative at you but they come out of your keyboard like they're tap water.

Having a different opinion isn't a vendetta against you. You really let your self esteem come from what people say on a message board it seems.

Let me break down how you were stating your opinion as fact for you:

1. They are moving the story along way too fast.

How are they doing this. Give examples. What do you mean by fast? You're using grandiose general words instead of pointing out specifics.

2. There is too much going on in each episode.
What exactly is too much. Too much of what? Again, give examples.

3. Most of the scenes that are supposed to be funny are not.
Why aren't they funny. This was my main reason for saying you're stating your opinion as fact. Instead try "I don't find the scenes very funny". You're acting like the mayor of comedy here (sarcasm intended, not a personal attack dear). This is the same as you saying "Roundabout never has had a good show". THey've been in existence since the 60's. You're using your limited experience in seeing their shows to make a grand statement without much reason or research behind it. That's my problem with some of your posts. I don't hate you personally, but if you make these wide sweeping statements like "It's not funny" or "All their shows suck" prepared to be challenged. That's what I'm doing, I'm challenging your opinion not attacking you. You're the one who's attacked me for having a contrary opinion.

4. The "A Cafella" thing was dreaful
Why was it dreadful. I clearly explains why it was necessary. If you thought it was dreadful then say. Again, I think it was dreadful because will get you a lot more people listening than your grand "because I said so" tone.

This of course will apply in your essays you'll soon be asked to write. Your teachers will challenge your opinion, For you to back it up. And if you use the "because I just don't like it argument" and think they're attacking you because they ask you to explain it, you're not going to get very far.
Updated On: 9/17/09 at 07:28 PM

Drunk Chita Rivera
#57re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:44pm

I don't care what the &*^% you said here, non stop you have been incredibly rude and disrespectful.

And I'm not going to write a bunch of crap about why, I said I didn't think it was funny. So it's not funny to me, I don't need to explain myself to you. And I said there was to much so that means I think there is too much. I'm not going to give examples when I don't have to, and you don't have to keep bringing up the fact that I'm 14 and that I will learn certain lessons in school, I know that so shut up! I don't need and english lesson thank you very much! But you in fact, do. Ever heard of a question mark???

And about the Roundabout thing that you also won't let go. I never said, "Roundabout never has had a good show". I simply said Roundabout does not have the best track record and I didn't have very high hopes. I never said that Roundabout has never had a good show and will never have a good show. I have liked a few of their productions (which actually have most part come from other places).

You don't know me so stop judging me and putting words in my mouth!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#58re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 7:59pm

Then start a thread about how rude I am to you and we'll fight it out there. I said nothing disrespectful to you in this thread. I just didn't say "You're right Drunk". And that's what seems to irk you.

And seriously. Stop swearing at me or I'll report you again. Argue your opinion like a intelligent person.

You've proben time and time again that you're incapable of explaining "why" you have an opinion.

How am I judging you. What have I said in this thread about you personally as a person. I've always questoned your posts not you as a person.

The worst I said was something to the extent that most of your posts are stupid. Not that you were stupid. You choose to read it that way. From what you've written back to me, none of which has dealt with the actual argument, you sound like a very insecure person with little sense of self to take opposition to your opinions so personally.

Fact is you've made all the personal attacks. And to make it look like you're not attacking me, you say I'm attacking you whilst attacking.

I guarantee, re-read your posts in 5-10 years and you'll get what I'm saying. Until then, I'm done trying to try to get you to understand why you're being so childish and out of line. I call you out on how you only respond with explatatives and what do you start with "I don't care what the &*^% you said here, non stop you have been incredibly rude and disrespectful."

Start a BobbyBubby is an asshole thread since everyone on here seems to hate me I'm sure you'll have a great laugh out of it. Thing is, I know who my friends are on here and I know who I am as a person. I don't allow exchanges of opinion on a message board to get to me the way you do. Relax. Take a breath and enjoy that "I Hate Bobby" thread. I hope it gets some of the anger out of you.

SporkGoddess
#59re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 8:13pm

I agree, Phyllis. Pushing Daisies occasionally had musical numbers and they still had great storylines in each episode.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#60re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 8:24pm

I forsee "On My Own" in the repitoire v soon.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#61re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 8:28pm

I've sat through too many auditions where "On My Own" was the choice song but I have to admit I'm in love with Lea Michele's version.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#62re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 8:36pm

A. I'm not going to make a stupid thread to devote my hate for you in. That's stupid and childish.

B. I cursed once in that post, get a grip. And report me for what? Because I said the "F" word without even spelling it out? That's absurd.

C. If you really want me to waste my time and prove that I can back up my opinions I will.

Just an announcement for for all of the following statements: they are all opinions!

1. They are moving the story along way too fast- During the first episode I thought this as well. I felt that they sprung the who pregnancy thing on way to fast and they had him quitting the club. It was obvious he wasn't going to quit during the first episode. Also now they are bringing in to many characters too fast. We now have what, 20+ characters already in the 3rd episode? Also the Rachel/Finn relationship should be gradually getting stronger but by the second episode they already had some action. Also I think the OCD teacher and Mr. Shoester crush ended too fast or I should say the teacher lady gave up too fast. There are many more things that are moving too fast but hopefully BobbyBubby gets the idea of what I don't like.

2. There is too much going on in each episode.- I think I mainly covered this in the last post to summarize it I think they should be spreading the events out more. If on the third episode there is already so much happening and relationships are already ending then I don't see where the show could go. I predict that by the end of the season they will be competing but what happens after that? They go onto their next year in High School? Well they probably only have 1 year left (they look like Juniors to me if not seniors) and then what happens when they graduate? I apologize this should be combined with the first question but my main point is that the writers are trying too hard to make a complex story and are moving it too fast.

3. Most of the scenes that are supposed to be funny are not. - I personally didn't find the "Acafella" thing funny. I don't know if it was supposed to be but it wasn't. It was just stupid and was like a weird boy band. I don't find Kurt funny either, just annoying to me. Also I don't think the old Glee teacher is funny, just creepy.

4. The "A Cafella" thing was dreaful- Look at the last questions ^^.

And by the way saying my comments are stupid is pretty much calling me stupid.

And by saying my comments are stupid is saying my opinions are stupid which you can not do.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#63re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 8:40pm

"A. I'm not going to make a stupid thread to devote my hate for you in. That's stupid and childish."

You're IN it, baby!

And so are we all!

P

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#64re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 8:53pm

I enjoy that you consider it a waste of your time to explain your opinion. Isn't that what this board is essentially about? If you want a thread where everyone has the same opinion as you go to an appreciation thread. If you want to argue with the big boys explain yourself. It is hysterical that being asked to back up unsupported opinions is considered wasting your time.

And I have plenty of friends who have stupid opinions in my opinion. Do I think they're stupid? of course not. My father thinks that President Obama is a moron. Does that mean I hate my Father? Of course not. My partner doesn't like musical theatre. I think that's pretty stupid. Am I going to break up with him? Erm no. My Mom told me once that all Middle Eastern people **** in their pants and run their babies over with cars. I thought that was a pretty stupid opinion. Did I stop talking to her because of it? Erm no!

I'm not saying you're stupid. But hon, based on your responses to me, you're kind of doing a good job at swaying me in that direction.

Updated On: 9/17/09 at 08:53 PM

Drunk Chita Rivera
#65re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 9:37pm

I'm just going to stop responding because you obviously will never stop being an @ss and most certainly will never get a life besides harassing teenagers on line.

nomdeplume
#66re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 9:59pm

Yikes.

It's this thread that has become ungleeful.

I only saw the pilot but I'll try to catch the other episodes if they are available online. I don't even have a TV. I do like to hear the singing. I can't say I watch it for the plot or the story, just the singing.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#67re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:05pm

"I do like to hear the singing. I can't say I watch it for the plot or the story, just the singing."

That is my favorite part as well. I think that is the other par I don't like, too much plot. I would much prefer the musical numbers. I loved Gold Digger, Bust Your Windows (Or whatever it is), Take a Bow, and On My Own.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#68re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:26pm

How am I harassing you? Challenging someone on their opinion is now grounds for harassment. I reported you to the mods. You were harassing me.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#69re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:33pm

How the hell was I harassing you? Because I PMed you? If you don't want to be PMed and if you are going to report anyone that does PM you then turn them off!

nomdeplume
#70re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:34pm

Since this is a message board and not a dissing party of two, you blew it BobbyBubby when you asserted Drunk Chita was stating things as fact.

Statements people make are their opinions; you should know that.

So you started it and claimed she should explain things and all that when she can just say what she wants.

The problem is that you are forgetting that a good writer won't clutter up the beginning of their sentence with "I think that..." They said it; they think that, it's their opinion. That is understood in context.

This round goes to Drunk Chita. Move on or I'll start singing that Sondheim song.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#71re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:36pm

nomdeplume, Your PMs aren't on, I was gonna send you a little thank you but I will just do it here. Thank you for helping me out, it's been a LONG day.

nomdeplume
#72re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:37pm

de nada, tostada

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#73re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:42pm

re: UnGLEEful

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Drunk Chita Rivera
#74re: UnGLEEful
Posted: 9/17/09 at 10:44pm

I'm sorry for anyone who was enjoying this thread for what it was.

Videos