pixeltracker

LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRACK.

LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRACK.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#1LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRACK.
Posted: 10/8/09 at 6:01am

http://www.loveneverdies.com/

See website for ticket prices you can buy now. Start at $81 USD for the stalls with prices as cheap as $37 USD in the upper circle.

Sample (instrumental) track:

http://cloudfront.loveneverdies.com/ConeyIslandWaltz.mp3

It sounds similar to the bit we heard on the earlier 'trailer' [all instrumental]. Heavily orchestrated. Cringeworthy scream at end.

" World Premiere in London at the Adelphi Theatre on Tuesday 9 March 2010 followed by New York on Thursday 11 November and in Australia in 2011."

If you pre-order the CD you also get a sample track, not sure if it's different to the one above. March 2010 release is AGES though.

Cast: Christine=Sierra Boggess

Phantom = Ramin Karimloo

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 10/8/09 at 06:01 AM

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRACK.
Posted: 10/8/09 at 6:48am

It was okay. Not too big of a fan.

rockfenris2005
#2re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRACK.
Posted: 10/8/09 at 6:55am

It sounds like the score for a bizarre horror film. I LOVE IT! But is it just me or can I hear snatches from "Salome" in "Sunset Boulevard" and the Fairground sequence from the film?

But...AWESOME work on Andrew's behalf! Let's just hope the rest of the show is this decent.

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#3re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRACK.
Posted: 10/8/09 at 6:57am

I think the music is really pretty.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

rabymon10
#4re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:15am

Really digging it, sounds to be incredibly lush orchestrations, but Woman in White much? I mean, really? Really Andrew? It was just your last newly staged show...

Other than that, put me into the party whose curiosity is piqued and might just be looking forward to the show.

HollyGolightly2 Profile Photo
HollyGolightly2
#5re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:21am

I like it. But I liked it in the trailer. :)

Wish we could have gotten some actual singing, though. re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA

RentBoy86
#6re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:26am

Eh, it was okay. Sounds like the orchestrations for an epic movie.

jacobp
#7re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:26am

I know the track record for sequels and I know there are some holes to the plot and plot points we've heard about, but I think this music sounds fantastic. I have a feeling Andrew Lloyd Webber will be laughing his ass off when the naysayers realize this is one of his best. But I'm keeping a steady eye on this and keeping an open mind.

rockfenris2005
#8re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:37am

This is exactly what I warned the naysayers about, and I'm not the opposite, just neutral.

Be sure to watch the video announcement at the website. It's about to appear but it's running a little late. The media's already saying Ramin sang a Phantom song at the presentation. No titles though...

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 10/8/09 at 08:37 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#9re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:49am

Mm waiting for the video.

They could have time to fix up the artwork though.

I also hope this doesn't become too cheesy by taking itself so seriously though. (I guess that's kind of the first too, but I mean if we're expecting improvement)

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 10/8/09 at 08:49 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#10re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:53am

The press launch is up!!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 8:56am

LOL Andrew Lloyd Webber is presenting. Looking Hawt Andrew haha awkward 'cute'. God I should stop.

The preview track/'Waltz' appears to be the opening of the show.

Updated On: 10/8/09 at 08:56 AM

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#12re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:05am

The "Coney Island Waltz" instrumental sample is pretty nice. I'd love to hear the concept album when it comes out. I am curious to see how this show turns out, despite the cheesiness of some of the plot details.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

rockfenris2005
#13re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:10am

The Phantom's first song "TILL I HEAR YOU SING..." First impressions? Completely captivated! But it felt more like an Alan Menken song than an Andrew Lloyd Webber.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#14re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:10am

The performance is a 'produced' music-video ish lol

LYRICS:

The day starts
The day ends
Time crawls by
Night stealing(?)
Pacing the floor
The moment's creep yet I can't bear to sleep
Till I hear you sing
And weeks past, and months past
seasons fly
still you don't walk through the door
and in a hate I count the silent days
till I hear you sing once more
and sometimes and nighttime I dream that you are there
But wake holding nothing but the empty air
and eves come and leaves go
Time runs dry
Still I ache down to the core
My broken soul can't be alive and whole tell I hear you sing once more
and music your music, it teases in my ear
It turns and it fades away and you're not hear
Let hopes past. Let dreams past. Let them die
without you what are they for.
I'll always feel no more than halfway real
Till I hear you sing once more

[Sorry I can't structurally rewrite the lyrics for crap, I'm not sure 100% sure about some lines e.g. 4th]

Sounds like it could be a Disney cartoon musical to me.

" But it felt more like an Alan Menken song than an Andrew Lloyd Webber."

YES OMG. I was thinking this could be a cut song to Aladdin.

Updated On: 10/8/09 at 09:10 AM

rockfenris2005
#15re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:14am

Thanks for the lyrics! Thoughts everybody? Well, musically, my doubts are starting to disappear. But it takes a lot more than pretty music to pull off something this daring!

And Andrew was so nervous!!!

HollyGolightly2
#16re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:29am

Is the video all live? If I missed it, did I miss it forever??

Some of us have places to be at 8 in the morning.

rockfenris2005
#17re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:32am

I believe the video is still there, able to be watched whenever and wherever. My problem is, I want to download and keep it because surely it will disappear from the website before the show opens.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#18re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:32am

It already took place 11:30 a.m. in England.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#19re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:54am

I just watched the press conference video. Thought "Till I Hear You Sing Once More" was very good. But it does sound like something Alan Menken would write. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Now I'm really curious to hear the rest of the score.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

rockfenris2005
#20re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 9:57am

When I first opened the website, I thought the album release date was November...then I read March. I was, like, awwww! The wait on this project has been too long already. I just want to know if it's good or bad. But, so far, "The Heart is Slow to Learn", "Coney Island Waltz" and now this one have NOT disappointed me. I wonder what the other songs "Fortune Teller" and "Move into the Darkness" I've heard talk about are like?

EDIT: Did anybody else find it interesting that the late beautiful Maria Bjornson sort of gave Andrew this idea in the first place? Interesting how she contrasted the depths of the Paris Opera to the heights of the New York skyscrapers etc.

Updated On: 10/8/09 at 09:57 AM

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#21re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 11:10am

Eh, it was okay. Sounds like the orchestrations for an epic movie.

The first thing I thought of when I heard it was the theme to "Lawrence of Arabia."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxBFRfYiDNE#t=0m36s

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#22re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 11:30am

The music is very kitschy. Yes, it sounds like movie music. The waltz sounds like Erich Korngold circa 1940 and the ballad sounds like John Barry. The music doesn't evoke the 1920's at all.

At least there's no backbeat anywhere. That's progress.

HollyGolightly2
#23re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 11:32am

I actually have flashbacks to the Carousel Waltz (from Carousel) when I hear it. I mean, it's the same sort of idea. A waltz about a creepy amusement park.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#24re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA
Posted: 10/8/09 at 12:12pm

The music doesn't evoke the 1920's at all.

It's not set in the 20s

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2