pixeltracker

How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?- Page 2

How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?

jonmbway4652 Profile Photo
jonmbway4652
#25re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/9/09 at 11:27pm

"And even if she apologized after, it wouldn't make a difference because it isn't as if you can rewind the show to watch parts you missed."

Next time you are at the theater and are excited, try this. After the song ends, take your left hand and your right hand and smack them together repeatedly. You might notice others around you doing the same, so when the noise dies down, stop.
i certainly agree with you 100%. there is no need for excessive and obnoxious cheering.
Updated On: 10/9/09 at 11:27 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#26re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/9/09 at 11:50pm

"How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?"

I hate them with every fiber of my being. Stay home and wait for the DVD to come out. You can talk all you want. I adore theatre and it excites the bejesus out of me, but I am respectfully silent. You can scream and gush at the stagedoor, which I am sure you do.

Did you throw in the "I dont have a lot of money card" to get people to feel some empathy for you. Well, I don't. Most people, myself included, who save for theatrical experiences and consider them a luxury should have some reverence and keep quiet. It's not a wrestling match or the BlueMan Group.

You really chap my ass.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Cookie_Jar Profile Photo
Cookie_Jar
#27re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 8:48am

It's this kind of thread that makes me happy to be alive!

"All of the peasants throw rocks in my presence..."

lifesacabaret Profile Photo
lifesacabaret
#28re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 9:28am

Excited over Legally Blonde? Oh.

It's okay to be excited about a show especially in the circumstances you described but you need to be mindful of others around you, who may not share your same enthusiasm and would like to enjoy the show with no interruptions.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 10:01am

**You really chap my ass.**

I love this phrase....and I'm not even sure I totally get it...but I'll be using it!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 10:25am

Angel, your original post REALLY got under my skin just now. How in the world do you think constantly apologizing to the theatergoers around you would make up for the fact that you ruined their evening and made them feel as if they wasted their money? (Actually, they spent it on Legally Blonde, so they did anyways...) You knew your behavior was inappropriate otherwise you wouldn't have continued apologizing for it, knowing all the time you were upsetting those around you. Unlike others here who say they would have hit you if they would have been seated next to you, I wouldn't have done anything physical to you, but I can GUARANTEE that after Act one, I would have made a beeline to the house manager and made sure I could have at least enjoyed the second act without your pre-teen acting ass next to me.

I just DO NOT understand kids like you who think that in a house of 2000 seats, yours is the only one that matters. The performers up on the stage are there to perform only for you, right? I wish I could tell you how many shows I've missed that I would have loved to go to but I knew people like you would fill the house so I missed it. I turned down the chance of going to the final performance of RENT, SPRING AWAKENING, (and dozens of others) because of this. This is a fairly new thing, too. Now you guys latch on to a show or performer and decide that you need to "show them your love". Do you know how you "show them your love", sweetie? YOU ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF THEM ONSTAGE. Do you not think that they can hear you? Do you not think that when someone has a line and all of a sudden, there's shouts, whistling, hollerin' (as we say down south) from the audience for a sustained amount of time that that might actually throw them off? If you really loved the show or performer, you'll sit down and SHUT THE HELL UP and let them act!

Next time you go to the movies, imagine someone screaming into your ear for the entire film. Then you'll know how every other person on the face of the earth feels when we have to encounter someone like you. Please inform this board and your local newspaper when you plan to go to the theater next time so we can all choose a different activity that evening.
Updated On: 10/10/09 at 10:25 AM

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#31re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 10:56am

Bravo, Jordan!! I have a feeling that Angelx won't be posting and/or seeking opinions here anymore.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#32re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 11:15am

Angel, do not ever see another show, and seriously think about suicide.

AVDPFan
#33re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 11:30am

I admit freely that I do tend to get a bit over-excited when I see certain shows, including Legally Blonde. I think I'm worse at the stage door than I am during the actual show. I nearly fainted when I met Kate Shindle, I almost died when I met Andy Karl, And I got Stephanie J. Block's attention before she talked to anyone else at 9 to 5. I tend to get starstruck.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#34re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 11:34am

While I agree with most of the posters on the thread, I think your suicide comment was a bit uncalled for, sally. It is a serious issue that one shouldn't joke about and to tell someone else to think about it is sickening.

You should know that, considering you are a high school teacher (according to your profile).

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 10/10/09 at 11:34 AM

snarkywannabedreamer Profile Photo
snarkywannabedreamer
#35re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 12:45pm

i agree.

Sally, you are an idiot and a child. And if you take going to a musical so seriously that you tell someone to kill themselves, YOU should never be allowed to go to another show, you freakin' psycho.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#36re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 1:12pm

I found the suicide comment to be way out of line as well. I lost a family member to suicide and I know of at least one other board member who lost a friend. It is not something to joke about and any one who doesn't agree with that need to go to the wizard ask for a heart.

I also wanted to add that while I agree that this poster acted foolishly I think the LB hate is a little over the top. Don't like the show? That's fine. I don't think there's a need to constantly trash it. The comments about anyone who sees the show is wasting their money. If they enjoyed the show they didn't waste their money. Different strokes for different folks. There are a variety of different shows because not everyone enjoys the same thing.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#37re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 1:18pm

I agree with Eris and others. Suicide is no joke and always in poor taste. The lasting impact of suicide is devastating. Also, as Eris stated, I think it is fine to abhor inappropriate behavior, but to crucify someone for their taste is a bit much. I still hold a lot of shame about adore adoring Sunset Boulevard and Glenn Close thanks to message boards. :)

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

SweetQintheLights
#38re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 2:13pm

Wow. Telling someone they should seriously think about suicide? Please, dear sally, get help. If that is the first thought that came to your mind and had the guts to type it, you either need some psychological help or need to think more clearly.

My friend, who is in my avatar, committed suicide. Do you want to know why? Because her boyfriend told her to do it. And she did.
How would you feel if the OP committed suicide because you told her/him to do so? (That's not saying that would be the ONLY reason she/he would do it, but it COULD be the straw that breaks the camels back)

Sorry if that wasn't all that clear.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#39re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 3:12pm

"I think the LB hate is a little over the top."

Eris, I was thinking the same thing. I happen to really like the show and am looking forward to seeing the tour when it stops here in Denver.

Just give the world Love.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#40re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 3:18pm

From this week's Bway Secrets.

re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?

saveusmike Profile Photo
saveusmike
#41re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 4:38pm

Different strokes for different folks

I agree, just because some of you dont like it, dont judge people who do like it. Who ever thinks the show is "beneath" them or "tastless" needs to realize how sad it is that they need to critize a show and its fans. I do NOT like the show and I do NOT think it is normal to sleep outside over night to get tickets but to critize the show or "regular" fans itself is childish.

"Everything in life, is only for now" -Avenue Q

WishingOnlyWounds2
#42re: How Do You Guys Feel About Over-Excited Theatre-Goers?
Posted: 10/10/09 at 9:58pm

It's thread like these I get a kick out of until a comment like sally1112's comes along.

When I saw the closing night of 'Legally Blonde' on Broadway I could barely hear a note it was so loud, I'll admit I joined in on the cheering at certain parts (ie: Orfeh and Kate Shindle's riffs and Bailey's entrance) but I made sure not to do anything to disturb anyone or to take away from the show. When someone, though, cheers at every point of a song (or talks) I would love to hit them over the head with a blunt object!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot