pixeltracker

A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy- Page 3

A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#50re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/26/10 at 11:16am

I rushed today. When I got there I was 12th in line, but it was amazing that the line in front of me procreated like rabbits. The person in front of me got 6 rush seats in the mezz and balcony (even though only 1 person waited in line). I got 2 front row tickets. I love karma.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#51re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/4/10 at 10:26pm

bump - anyone try last weekend? Did they change it to SRO or are they still giving out seats too?

I am thinking about trying this Saturday and am planning to arrive around 8am. I hope I'll be safe getting tickets. I am dying to see this!

Sab6888 Profile Photo
Sab6888
#52re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/8/10 at 10:29pm

Bump - I'm curious too. I'm planning to go Friday and I'm wondering how crowded it's been lately - also, is it really just SRO now as per the website or have they been giving seats as well?

legally_popular
#53re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/8/10 at 11:14pm

Ok, now that I have done it I can comment… the rush is not just SRO. All the SRO spots were filled up when I went, but they gave out any remaining seats first. However, the show was almost completely sold out already so they only had single seats in random places of the mezz and balcony. I got a seat in the first row of the mezz all the way on the left. Other people who were in pairs or groups had to be split up. I wish I had stuck around to see the reaction of the woman behind me who was telling her kids to ask for four center orchestra rush seats for them – LOL!

I got there at 8am and was 3rd in line. There were about 6 or 7 people until 9/9:15am and then before I knew it, it was 10am and it looked like there was approx. 30 people. The SRO spots looked like they had a really good view, better than my seat so if you don’t mind standing that wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Also, a friend of mine rushed on a Wednesday recently and got there at 8-8:30, was third in line I think, and got a row in the front row and loved his seat. I can’t really say for sure what’s going to happen on Friday though. It might not be as busy as a Saturday, but it only has one performance. If you want to be guaranteed a ticket and don’t mind getting there early, 8:30 might be the way to go.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#54re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/9/10 at 5:17am

just out of curiosity, was this for a Saturday performance?

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

legally_popular
#55re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/9/10 at 4:15pm

^Yes.

Jcookie1213 Profile Photo
Jcookie1213
#56re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/9/10 at 4:37pm

What has the rush been like for Wed. Matinee performances? Anyone rush a wednesday?

legally_popular
#57re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/9/10 at 4:58pm

I just mentioned a Wednesday in an above post. Seems like it's just as busy as a weekend, but better seats are available.

nypeach2
#58re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/18/10 at 1:41pm

Rushed on Tuesday and was #13 in line (got there 9:10). Was not a true New Yorker and said nothing when two people "join" their friends in line ahead at around 9:45. Of course they sold out of rush seats the person ahead of me. Went back on Thursday (8:30 this time) and was 5th in line. 10:00 box office opens -- no rush today. Maybe I'm not meant to see this production. Maybe I should cherish my memories of Anthony LaPaglia, Allison Janney and the late Brittany Murphy in the last production.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#59re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/18/10 at 1:49pm

I went Wednesday the 10th, showed up at 6:10 pm and was able to get a rush ticket to the 8:00 pm.
Updated On: 3/18/10 at 01:49 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#60re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/18/10 at 1:51pm

6:10 pm?

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#61re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/18/10 at 1:59pm

Yes, sorry. I meant to have the pm om the 6:10.

FanofMusicals
#62re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 3/23/10 at 11:45am

Rushed this morning and there were only SRO. Man behind the booth said they are not likely to have rush tickets anymore since the show is so popular and coming to an end soon. I waited for 1.5 hours and was quite disappointed.. So be prepared if you plan to rush.

Videos