N2N seating question

timrobb
#1N2N seating question
Posted: 1/3/10 at 8:08am

Is row A seats 1,3 in the orchestra a good choice for this show? I am not familiar with the theater and want to make sure these are good seats before my purchase.

Thanks in advance!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2N2N seating question
Posted: 1/3/10 at 12:07pm

Although Row A puts you right in front of the stage and all the action...I hope you don't have a problem craning your neck to see the top tier of the set.

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter where you sit in the Booth Theatre (since the vantage point is good from anywhere), but the closer you are, the more you have to crane you neck to see the higher tiers

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Lenexajones Profile Photo
Lenexajones
#2N2N seating question
Posted: 1/3/10 at 12:57pm

We sat in the very last row, center and were very pleased with these very inexpensive seats to see a great show. I would not have wanted to be in the first row as the top tier would be hard to appreciate.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#3N2N seating question
Posted: 1/3/10 at 1:41pm

I sat Orch Row B center seat 111, which I think is 1 or 2 seats to the right from being dead center. I had to look up to see the action on tiers 2 and 3 but not so much so that I had to crane my neck nor did it give me any discomfort, but I wouldn't sit closer than that (row).

However, it's always my preference that if I see a show from the very front of the orch to sit closest to the center because sitting on the extreme sides, means you get a lot of moments where two characters are interacting and yet you only see one of the actor's faces as the other's back is turned to you - and in this production, I think you'll want to see facial expressions. If it helps, I waited the day before to buy my ticket online as by then some of the premium seats were released for regular price and this was for 12/12 so I'm sure you wont have any trouble doing the same for January dates.

jaxel614
#4N2N seating question
Posted: 1/3/10 at 1:44pm

I've sat in both the second row of the orchestra and the second row of the mezz. You can't go wrong with being closer. I sat in the orchestra the second time I saw the show and felt a much stronger connection with what was happening on stage. Go with row A!

heatha1017 Profile Photo
heatha1017
#5N2N seating question
Posted: 1/3/10 at 2:52pm

my mom and i sat in row A of the orchestra back in october and loved the seats. you do have to crane your neck for scenes on the upper levels, but it was totally worth it for me.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#6N2N seating question
Posted: 1/4/10 at 8:28pm

I think row A is too close. I moved to F or G at intermission when I saw the show (the partial view seats at the back of the orch SUCK)and I LOVED it, but I wouldn't have wanted to be any closer.

JackSHC111
#7N2N seating question
Posted: 1/6/10 at 4:55pm

I saw the show from the 3rd row, Orchestra Left. They were fine seats and I could see all of the action. But next time I see the show, I will see it from further back, center. The lighting in this show is truly spectacular, and to get the full effect, I think seats a little further back, Row F or G, would be FANTASTIC!

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#8N2N seating question
Posted: 1/6/10 at 5:24pm

I have never sat in the first row, but have seen the show from about every other vantage point in the BOOTH. I've said it before, and will repeat it here....the only place that I don't recommend sitting is in the rear of the orchhestra, due to the obstruction of the 3rd tier of the set. I would prefer to be in the last row of the mezz and see the whole set, then to be in row M of the orchestra and not be able to see Gabe singing "and when the night has finally gone..." from the top of the set. The visual and the musical intesity at the end is diminshed if you can't see the top (at least for me).

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

bluewave
#9N2N seating question
Posted: 1/7/10 at 1:36am

The front row of the mezzanine is great for N2N since you get a nice view of the whole set. I also think center orchestra on the aisle in the row right where the split starts (not sure of the row) would be great as well.

Videos