pixeltracker

Emily Padgett To Replace Kerry Butler In 'Rock Of Ages' PHOTO GALLERY

Emily Padgett To Replace Kerry Butler In 'Rock Of Ages' PHOTO GALLERY

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1Emily Padgett To Replace Kerry Butler In 'Rock Of Ages' PHOTO GALLERY
Posted: 2/24/10 at 1:23am

Her Sherrie has really grown on me, her vocals are simply exquisite. She sounded absolutely terrific tonight, and the house was basically sold out. She got an ovation during her big note at the end of Shadows of the Night.
Her acting and vocals make her my favorite Sherrie. Try to catch her before she leaves the show if you haven't seen her already.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 3/8/10 at 01:23 AM

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#2Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 11:48am

When is her last performance going to be actually?

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 11:58am

March 13, I think.

muscle23ftl
#3Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 2:55pm

Yes, March 13th. She is really wonderful, her voice sounds better than ever and what she lacks as a dancer, she makes up with her acting. Truly worthy of a visit.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#4Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 3:52pm

Kalimba is just going to keep her mouth shut when it comes to Rock of Ages.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#5Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 4:19pm

"Her acting and vocals make her my favorite Sherrie."

Just wanted to confirm that you've only seen two actresses play the role of Sherrie - Kerry Butler and Emily Padgett.

You have not seen Amy Spanger or Savannah Wise in the role, so Kerry is your "favorite Sherrie" out of the two you have seen.

Please confirm that this information is correct. Thanks.

muscle23ftl
#6Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 4:48pm

*Confirmed*

I watched a lot of clips of Amy and Savannah though, but never live.

By the way, Emily is great and Im sure Erika is terrific too, but none of them are Kerry. Kerry is just...amazing!
I don't know if it was because some of the other cast members weren't in top vocal shape, but she really stood out last night.

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#7Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 5:41pm

Who is taking over for Kerry?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 5:45pm

Having seen both Savannah Wise and Kerry Butler, I'd take Savannah Wise any day. Butler's incessant whininess in her voice drives me nuts. Much of what made her so perfect for Penny Pingleton makes her so wrong for this role.

muscle23ftl
#9Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 11:26pm

Kerry has gotten a lot better though. Not sure if you saw her early in her run, but she was just outstanding last night. I absolutely loved her.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#10Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 11:46pm

I am glad Kerry is getting out of that show. While I enjoyed the show, she deserves ALOT better IMO. I thought she played Sherrie like Kira to be honest, not bad, but not a stretch for her either. I think she was there because the money and schedule was good until Catch Me started up again.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

lstbutifulgrl2
#11Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/25/10 at 1:34am

I did not see Zanadu so I don't know if she played Sherrie like Kira, I've only heard this from friends, but I do agree that Kerry has gotten better since the beginning of her run. I really did not like her at the beginning of the run. I LOVED Savannah, but Emily has become my new favorite Sherrie.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#12Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/25/10 at 1:53am

No one tops Savannah and Emily. But, I do enjoy Butler.

muscle23ftl
#13Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/25/10 at 11:30am

Ok, Emily was a waaaay better dancer, but vocally Kerry is just a wonder! She's been sounding terrific. She must have very good vocal habits, because her voice is fabulous everytime I see her.

bwaychicago
#14Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 2/25/10 at 11:57am

Does anyone know any discount codes for March performances? The only ones I know of expire February 28. Thanks in advance!

Ilovekevincahoon Profile Photo
Ilovekevincahoon
#15Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/1/10 at 3:20pm

Being a fan of the show and seeing it over 70 times, I have seen all 7 Sherrie's including off Broadway. If you love the show, I would definitely try to see other actors/actress's takes on all roles.
I try to go and see all the understudies at ROA, just for the experience.
Although, imo the best two Sherrie's are Savannah Wise and Ericka Hunter, but we all have our favorites!!

muscle23ftl
#16Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/1/10 at 3:49pm

I just saw Emily and Kerry(live) and I loved Emily, but Kerry is just a force of nature, her acting and her voice are really phenomenal. A pitty to see her go.
I was invited to the show once again, and Emily played Sherrie and Geoff played Drew and it just wasn't the same. Mitch got all the applause at the end. When the lead couple took their bows, people were basically not clapping anymore. It was odd, and the house was nearly sold out.

Rentfan931
#17Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/2/10 at 2:39am

Sort of off topic, but does Ericka Hunter go on often as Sherrie?

lstbutifulgrl2
#18Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/2/10 at 7:52am

No, Ericka does not go on often, which is a shame. Prior to Emily being hired, Ericka was the "Sunday Sherrie", but now that's Emily.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life

muscle23ftl
#19Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/2/10 at 12:38pm

Emily was good as Sherrie, I wish I had seen Ericka to compare her to.
Kerry is just the best, she's a powerhouse. The note at the end of Shadows of the Night always gets an ovation. She is an outstanding performer. I hope she comes back to Broadway soon.

muscle23ftl
#20Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/5/10 at 3:08am

So who will replace Kerry? Any announcements yet?

lstbutifulgrl2
#21Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:46am

nothing "official"

muscle23ftl
#22Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/8/10 at 5:49pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Emily_Padgett_to_Star_as_Sherrie_in_ROCK_OF_AGES_20100308

Since the article doesn't include pictures, I will add some of the pictures from the actresses that played Sherrie on Broadway: Amy Spanger, Savannah Wise, Kerry Butler and Emily Padgett.
Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!

Updated On: 3/8/10 at 05:49 PM

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#23Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/8/10 at 5:52pm

So who will be ther for Kerry's last shows??

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#24Last Chance To See Kerry Butler in Rock of Ages!
Posted: 3/8/10 at 5:53pm

more excited about Katie Webber joining the cast!

Videos