pixeltracker

American Idiot Lottery Rules- Page 2

American Idiot Lottery Rules

ashley0139
#25American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/19/10 at 9:52am

Yay for still having my grad school ID with no date of graduation on it. (I graduated 2 years ago)

Yay for blatantly breaking the rules and cheating the system!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#26American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/19/10 at 10:29am

Adam, you're right that I misread your post. Dookie the band's first major album came out in 1994 and their success snowballed from there. So your right. It would put most of their loyal fanbase beyond the age of being a student.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#27American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/19/10 at 10:55am

I was 11 when Dookie came out, and remember how the band seemed to be everywhere after that. When I Come Around was a huge song that year.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#28American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/19/10 at 11:12am

In 8th grade, my boyfriend's and my song was "Good Riddance." (He picked it. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.) When I graduated high school in 2002, I heard that song at least a few times as dedicated to the graduating seniors. When my little sister, who is in high school now, and her friends got into Green Day last year, I was surprised because I thought they were my era.

They have many, many fans left from the mid-90s, but they also have a humongous new, rabid fanbase of teenagers.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#29American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/19/10 at 11:19am

I believe that American Idiot's success is what got Green Day the fans it has now. That they attracted a lot of fans who are now teens when it came out. Fans that the band didn't have before.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

sundaymorning6am
#30American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/20/10 at 12:02pm

Is anyone going to be playing lotto for the first preview?

rmusic11322
#31American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/20/10 at 12:12pm

With it being a Student Lottery, I guess there would be less competition. Unless people find a way to trick the box office, like others have said on this thread, I think I'll try it out. Very convenient for me becuase of spring break! :)

wendilin622 Profile Photo
wendilin622
#32American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/20/10 at 12:32pm

"Yay for blatantly breaking the rules and cheating the system!"

Right, because photo shopping IDs is totally much better. I'm 24 and could easily still be a grad student.

zerose
#33American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/24/10 at 7:52pm

Today, lottery was drawn at 6:30 and not 6:15. 25 seats in the front 2 rows were given out, $27 each cash only. They offered partial view to lottery losers for $32 or $37, I can't remember.

rmusic11322
#34American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/24/10 at 8:08pm

^ About how many people were there?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#35American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/24/10 at 8:41pm

A lot! I'm really bad at estimating but it was crazy.

zerose
#36American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/24/10 at 10:12pm

About 100 to 150 people.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#37American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/25/10 at 1:41am

Today, lottery was drawn at 6:30 and not 6:15. 25 seats in the front 2 rows were given out, $27 each cash only.

I ran up to lotto not too long before 6:15 and thought I was going to be late, but the lady assured me they would be pulling at 6:30. As I was walking away, I overheard the lotto girls saying that they are going to be making pull 6:30, but it's not officially out there yet.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 3/25/10 at 01:41 AM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#38American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/25/10 at 1:44am

I guess the good news for me is that I have the ability to see a show on Wednesday afternoons. I am guessing that with it being a student only lottery that would be the best time for me to try it.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#39American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/25/10 at 8:22am

Anyone know what the view is like from those partial view seats? Do you miss a lot of the show?
Updated On: 3/26/10 at 08:22 AM

jeffmiele
#40American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/25/10 at 1:27pm

posted one hour ago via American Idiot's Twitter:

this just in: student lottery time window now expanded to 30 minutes (we will announce winners 1 &1/2 hours b4 showtime every night!)

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#41American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/25/10 at 1:31pm

winston, fyi- they aren't doing Wednesday matinees until the week of June 28th.

tking001
#42American Idiot Lottery Rules
Posted: 3/25/10 at 3:10pm

How much are the boxes I forgot to ask last night.
Last night they did lotto losers for $37 partial view orc