pixeltracker

DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!- Page 11

DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#250DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 10/25/13 at 10:54am

Fantastic Gold Box deal today (one day only) on the full Universal Horror box Blu-ray box set.

Includes all the classic horror movies, plus both the 2D and 3D versions of The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Dracula and Frankenstein have never looked or sounded better. Fully restored. I love this set, but I paid about $30 more for it.

$64.99 for one day only!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#251DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 10/29/13 at 3:33pm

Amazon gold box (today only) M*A*S*H Complete Series + Movie on DVD for $79.99
M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#252DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 10/29/13 at 4:08pm

Just finished reading the original Dracula. To say the movie is totally different is an understatement.

Poster Emeritus

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#253DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/1/13 at 8:45am

One day only Gold Box deal: The Alien Anthology - all four Alien movies on Blu-ray!

For $19.49!

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#254DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 4:00pm

50% off art house films on B&N

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#255DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 5:37pm

Deep Discount has extra 25% off. Coupon code: BIGSALE
BIGSALE

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#256DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 5:51pm

Another one slipping through the cracks right now is the WB shop (Warner Bros.).

They are selling many of their Blu-ray and DVDs and a huge discount (75 percent off), with free shipping on your order, no matter what size or amount.

Some of these prices are crazy ... plus free shipping on all!

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#257DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 6:28pm

I clicked on that WB link Besty put up and then I just couldn't stop.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#258DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 6:38pm

It's crazy! They've got Blu-rays for $4 to $6 bucks. Big titles, too.

I ordered five yesterday. My first obsessive guilt purchase of the season.

Oh, oh, oh!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry I forgot to mention this. I hope nobody's ordered yet ... but I found a coupon for $5 off your total order for $25 or more and $10 off your order of $50 or more.

So I got an extra $10 off my order yesterday. Plus free shipping.

Coupon codes that actually work!

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#259DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 6:46pm

I LOVE Barnes and Noble's Annual 50% Off Criteria Titles Sale.That and Warner Archives 5 for $50 are the two best ones I wait for each year.

Not sure how long B&N's Criteria sale is going on til.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray-Disc-DVD-Special-Editions/379003202

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 11/5/13 at 06:46 PM

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#260DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:34pm

Romantico, I think the sale is going at least one week. The Frances Ha DVD/Blu Combo pack scheduled officially to be available next week is listed and marked down at half off. And usually they announce a sales extension or give notice in the final days/hours.

My killing from the Warner Bros. sale:

Point Break Blu

The Wild Bunch: Director's Cut Blu

There Will Be Blood Blu

Zodiac: Director's Cut Blu

Where the Wild Things Are Blu

Bad Day at Black Rock DVD

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD

All of that + tax came under $42.

Updated On: 11/5/13 at 07:34 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#261DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:36pm

Awesome, strummergirl! Crazy prices. And great choices. I love this advance Black Friday sale.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#262DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:41pm

Thanks Strummergirl. Chaplin's Criteria City Lights comes out on Blu Ray on the 12th and was hoping the sale would still be going on by then.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#263DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:44pm

If I have a choice between boxed sets from either WB or TCM, do you disc-o-philes have an immediate preference? Or do I need to examine the details to make my choice?

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#264DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:47pm

Which box sets are you referring to, Addison?

The only Criterion I'm totally jonesing for right now is Babette's Feast. Must have BD.

Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#265DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:51pm

The Thin Man boxed sets

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#266DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/5/13 at 9:25pm

As far as I know, they would be the exact same DVD transfers taken from the same digital masters. Probably even the same exact discs (menus and all).

Warner Home Entertainment releases through both umbrellas (Warner and TCM).

But the link you showed me has the "complete" set (7 discs) via Warner and "volume 1" through TCM (4 discs and 4 movies only). I don't see a volume 2.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#267DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/6/13 at 6:00am

So psyched B&N is doing their sale again!

....but the world goes 'round

Roscoe
#268DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/6/13 at 9:00am

SECONDS will be mine, dammit. MINE!

Alas, the sale will be over by time NASHVILLE comes out.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#269DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/9/13 at 11:42am

I got the Rocky Horror blu ray from Amazon the other day for $11.99. It's jumped up to $14.99 since then, though that's still pretty good.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#270DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/9/13 at 12:03pm

@ Roscoe: I'm a BIG fan of SECONDS and Rock Hudson's performance in it. What a chilling film! Practically perfect in every way from Saul Bass' opening title design, James Wong Howe's cinematography, Jerry Goldsmith's score, Frankenheimer's direction and a strong supporting cast.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#271DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/12/13 at 3:30pm

best12bars- thanks for the tip about the WB website, and the coupon code! Awesome deals DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!

Roscoe
#272DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/12/13 at 3:51pm

Carlos, SECONDS is really something, isn't it. Such a sad sad film. Check out the novel sometime, if you can find it. Very interesting reading.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Roscoe
#273DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/18/13 at 9:18am

I picked up SECONDS on Blu-Ray and the BASIL DEARDEN'S LONDON UNDERGROUND set over the weekend.

I checked out the first half of SECONDS, up through Rock Hudson's arrival in California, and was just blown away. Among the revelations of this release, in addition to the great restoration and transfer, is the performance delivered by the great John Randolph who does a lot of heavy lifting in the first half of the film. The depressed desperation he's able to project, culminating in that long scene when he's trying to say something at all about his life is just plain devastating.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#274DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/18/13 at 11:08am

@ Roscoe: Thanks for reporting back re: SECONDS. I have to get this film soon. I'm pretty sure it will be like seeing it for the first time. So jealous you got to it first! LOL!

Videos