pixeltracker

DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!- Page 8

DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#175DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/21/12 at 6:10pm

While the BD/DVD sales continue ...

I thought some of you would be interested in this from Screen Archives. A one-day "Black Friday" sale, which I guess has started already (surprise).

Their clearance CDs are all 20 percent off if you enter the discount code: BlackFriday

Some very cool movie and TV scores here. 277 titles so far.

Check it out

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#176DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/23/12 at 9:45am

Five dvd's for $50 plus free shipping right now through Warner Archives. Great deal!

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#177DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/23/12 at 5:16pm

2 hours left to buy the complete Twilight Zone series on Blu-ray for $149.

Amazon flash sale

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#178DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/24/12 at 6:57am

All day today, the Amazon Gold Box special is Bond 50: The Complete 22-Film Collection on Blu-ray for $99!

LINK

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#179DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 11/24/12 at 12:11pm

The Forever Marilyn Blu-ray Collection
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
How to Marry a Millionaire
River of No Return
There's No Business Like Show Business
The Seven Year Itch
Some Like it Hot
The Misfits
Today Only $26.99

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#180DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/9/12 at 3:26pm

Amazon has a sale today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A1GZ78ACB23DZK?ie=UTF8&docId=1000851881&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0N7J7SMZEKZDBQC458X9

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#181DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 7:13pm

The Sound of Music - 3-disc Blur-ray set. Don't know how long this price will last, but ...

$9.99

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#182DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 8:03pm

I picked up the LOTR extended edition blu ray set at Best Buy the other day for $34.99. I'd been waiting for a great sale and it didn't get better than that!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#183DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 9:07pm

Great price, Jordy!

I still have to watch the first movie on DVD because I can't stand the horrible green tint on the Blu-ray, but 2 and 3 are great and well worth that price.

I think I payed $36.99 for them last year on a Black Friday flash sale. But yours is even better!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#184DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 9:09pm

Green tint? I was watching the first one earlier and didn't notice anything strange about it. Is it a problem that New Line fixed on later disc pressings?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#185DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/16/12 at 9:14pm

Nope. They never fixed it.

Here's the difference, and it drives me nuts. It isn't just green, it's darker. And on my big Plasma 1080p set, it's atrocious. It's like watching the whole film wearing green sunglasses. I hate it. I've tried to watch it twice, and I can't get past the first hour without switching back to the DVD version (which doesn't have the problem).

Here's a sample of it.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
Roscoe
#187DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/17/12 at 1:53pm

I had major issues with both Amazon and B&N regarding their shipping policies -- orders were outrageously delayed, and then sent via couriers requiring signatures for delivery. Multiple phone calls to Amazon's customer service got it sorted out and the package re-routed, they were using some horrifying courier company called A-1 Shipping that has an ugly history of screwing things up, but I had to remind Barnes and Noble just a few times too often to please ship the order that should have been available weeks before.

Amazon at least acknowledged their stupidity (without ever explaining it) and issued me a $20 credit for my next purchase. B&N's attitude was "sorry it took so long, buh bye." I won't be ordering from their online store again.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#188DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/17/12 at 4:10pm

Roscoe, that's horrifying. I've never had any shipping problems with Amazon. I ordered way too many times from this this "Black Friday season," and everything arrived promptly and in great condition. No crazy shipping companies either.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#189DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/17/12 at 4:55pm

Yeah, it's unfortunate that you've had such bad experiences with them. I've never had any issue with Amazon that wasn't met with a near overcompensation to rectify it.

Big box e-tailer or not, I'm an Amazon Prime member and probably do 90% of my non-perishable shopping there.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#190DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/17/12 at 9:26pm

Amazon has always more than made up for any errors I've experienced--even things like getting a book where the cover got damaged during shipping, they've sent a replacement copy no questions asked.

Roscoe
#191DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/18/12 at 9:26am

Right -- to be fair, this was the first real problem I've had with Amazon, and they pretty well made up for it, but it took just a few too many phone calls to get it made right, and I ultimately had to demand to speak to a supervisor to get it done properly.

And Barnes & Noble handled it so shabbily that their online store will get no more of my business. Ridiculous.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#192DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/18/12 at 4:25pm

I agree, Roscoe, there is a vast difference between the quality of Amazon and the (non) quality of B&N. I contacted the latter's customer support twice before and never heard a word back.

Roscoe
#193DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/18/12 at 4:27pm

At least I got my blurays of HEAVEN'S GATE and BRAZIL. Eventually. After waiting for longer than I should have. And they arrived separately. For some reason.

They're gorgeous. Gorgeous.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#194DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/22/12 at 10:14am

AWESOME!!

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Limited Edition)" on [Blu-ray]

$119.99
Amazon today only

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#195DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/22/12 at 11:07am

Saw this today and growled! It was a steal at $129 during Black Friday Week, but this is even better! The set is fantastic with HD masters (not flawless, but still damn wonderful) of 15 films. I've watched 6 or 7 so far and am thrilled with my purchase.

This is a one-day "steal" for those of you who love Hitchcock films!

Go for it!

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#196DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/22/12 at 11:40am

How does my favorite film of all time Vertigo look?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#197DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/22/12 at 3:53pm

Vertigo looks and sounds great! Lots of detail and great balance of color and levels. Perfect? Not quite. There are a few uneven scenes (as far as quality), but largely it looks terrific.

Here are some HD screenshots from it if you want to see how good it looks.
LINK

ArtMan
#198DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/22/12 at 7:48pm

DollarTree (Dollar Store) has brand new copies of Nine on DVD, sealed for $1. Also some older titles like The Marrying Man, Gross Anatomy, Big Business, many others on blueray, sealed for $1

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#199DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 12/26/12 at 1:53pm

So I'm not sure what happened here, but I HIGHLY recommend you click on the Warners Archive link below and place three dvds in your cart and see what happens......
Link

....but the world goes 'round

Videos