pixeltracker

Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?- Page 2

Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?

actionjaxson91 Profile Photo
actionjaxson91
#25Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 1:02am

Honestly, even if Special Theatrical Event was still a category, I don't think Rapture would fit there. It's definitely Best Musical material. Hopefully it'll stop shows like Fela! and Memphis from winning.

sgv123
#26Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 1:03am

Thanks Wickedrocks...I am taking my mother to see it on Saturday, and I was a little worried that she may miss something.

MEMPHIS10
#27Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 1:05am

Now i remember what it was called before..
"You May Now Worship Me"....

MEMPHIS10
#28Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 1:10am

Well we will hear who the Drama League nominates tomorrow...
Anyone know when the Outer Critics Nominations come out?

HBBrock
#29Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 1:16am

Saw the first Broadway preview of "Everyday Rapture" tonight and let me just say that Sherie Rene Scott is PHENOMINAL! She is an absolute powerhouse of a diva and deserved every second of the standing ovation she received. GO SEE IT! I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I may have witnessed a BEST ACTRESS performance from the front row tonight. It was - THAT good. I was completely taken by surprise. And the energy from the crowd tonight was really, really good.

CheapSentiment Profile Photo
CheapSentiment
#30Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 1:38am

The show is absolutely electric. From start to finish. I've never been the biggest Sherie Rene Scott fan (and I didn't see the Second Stage production) but she's just absolutely brilliant.

Between seeing this tonight and "La Cage" over the weekend, I feel like I've seen the best male and female performances of the season. (And hopefully the Tony Awards will reflect that.)

Pianist3912
#31Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 8:21am

I saw it last night. I really, really liked it. Sherie really surprised me with her acting, and I think she deserves the Tony. I was not blown away overall by the show itself, nor Sherie's somewhat weak (in my opinion) singing voice, but she is definitely my pick for best performance of the season.

Nick2 Profile Photo
Nick2
#32Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 8:23am

I went to the first preview last night (sold out!) not knowing much about the show or Sherie, but I was turned on nearly instantly. The show is very smart and sweet, and Sherie is a staggering talent. Great crowd! Loved it!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#33Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 8:25am

Was the CD for sale at the theater yet?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#34Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 8:51am

I didn't see any merchandise anywhere.^^

But the show was even better tonight than last year at Second Stage. Sherie deserves the Tony as does the show. I liked it more than American Idiot.

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#35Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 9:22am

nor Sherie's somewhat weak (in my opinion) singing voice
o.O

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#36Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 9:25am

I saw this at Second Stage and will be going tonight to the second preview. I'm surprised so many people think Sherie is a shoe-in for the Best Actress Tony. CZJ, in my mind, is clearly the frontrunner and one to beat. Not that she doesn't deserve it either, but remember politics plays a HUGE role in handing out Tonys.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#37Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 9:45am

...but remember politics plays a HUGE role in handing out Tonys.

Very true. I can't help thinking, though, that if Sherie gets across-the-board raves, voters cannot deny that. But you're right in saying that Zeta-Jones is still in this race and near that photo finish.

~Steven

chenothegood Profile Photo
chenothegood
#38Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 10:07am

I am so happy to hear all these positive reviews! I will be seeing the show opening night and cannot wait!

Spring Awakening 7.3.07!!, Wicked/ Rent 7.5.07!!, Legally Blonde 7.6.07!! The Color Purple 7.7.07!!, Gypsy 8.19.08!!, In the Heights/Wicked 8.20.08!!, The Little Mermaid 8.21.08!! Legally Blonde Tour 11.9.08!! Shrek 7.7.09!!, Blithe Spririt 7.8.09!!, 9 to 5 7.9.09!!, Next to Normal 7.10.09!!

Brick
#39Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 11:12am

If Sherie receives raves and the show starts to sell, then it will be the movie star in a hit, versus an industry darling finally getting her due.

Hint: They almost always go for the latter. That's IF she gets all raves and if tickets start to move.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#40Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 11:22am

She received off-Broadway, including an absolute love-letter from Brantley. The show has only gotten stronger, so expect her to get another set of raves. I do anticipate Best Actress being a horse-race between Scott and CZJ, however.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#41Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 11:33am

I still say they will award Sherie (and Scanlan) with Best Book, and CZJ will get Actress.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#42Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 11:38am

"I still say they will award Sherie (and Scanlan) with Best Book, and CZJ will get Actress."

I'd be so thrilled with that...this way, they both get Tony awards!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#43Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 11:39am

^ Exactly. Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#44Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 11:59am

I had a wonderful time along with most of the audience. My favorite new musical this season, for sure.

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#45Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 3:33pm

I really need to see this, LOVED it at Second Stage.

Goodbye

actionjaxson91
#46Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 4:07pm

Taylor, I agree completely. It was absolutely amazing!

Insider2 Profile Photo
Insider2
#47Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 4:39pm

I don't know what the big deal about this show is. I found it average, at best, and total, self-indulgent, verbal masturbation at worst. The only thing intriguing about the entire enterprise is that Roundabout brought cheapness to a whole new level by replacing LIPS TOGETHER with this half-baked thing, instead of programming in a real play or musical, many of which were ready to go, such as McNally's LISBON TRAVIATA or MASTER CLASS from Kennedy Center.

actionjaxson91
#48Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 4:40pm

Master Class just finished at the Kennedy Center so it wouldn't have been able to make it in time. Also, they wanted to add another musical to the season.

Insider2 Profile Photo
Insider2
#49Thoughts on the first preview of EVERYDAY RAPTURE?
Posted: 4/20/10 at 4:44pm

I also hear that they were considering YANK, although I don't know how seriously.