9 to 5 Tour

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#259 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:15pm

michelle4: do you know any other cast members?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

jamiekennywicked
#269 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:15pm

michelle4: do you know any other cast members?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

michelle4
#279 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/11/10 at 6:41pm

Sorry, that's all I know now.

jamiekennywicked
#289 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/11/10 at 7:04pm

I'm interested to see the new scenic design! Will it still have the big projection screen?

SuddenlyTrey Profile Photo
SuddenlyTrey
#299 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/11/10 at 7:08pm

Niki Scalera is playing Doralee

"Jaime's convienced that the problems are mine. Jaime is probably doing just fine. And I'm still hurting."

beautywickedlover
#309 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 1:41am

"Niki Scalera is playing Doralee."

That's great. She was amazing in "Hairspray."
Updated On: 7/12/10 at 01:41 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#319 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 2:46am

I will be seeing the tour in February! I cannot wait!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

bwayphreak234
#329 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 3:04am

"I'm interested to see the new scenic design! Will it still have the big projection screen?"

I was wondering this as well. I just hope they do not make massive cuts to the set design for the tour as they did with Legally Blonde.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#339 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 3:06am

^That's probably exactly what they did.

bwayphreak234
#349 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 3:08am

^ Sadly, it would not surprise me if they did. It's fine with me if they made cuts, but I just hope it doesn't look plain tacky and cheap like Legally Blonde.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#359 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 3:15am

Isn't there going to be new direction and choreography? I'm excited for that.

Even though I liked the choreography when I saw it.
Updated On: 7/12/10 at 03:15 AM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#369 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 4:20am

Of course the set design will have to be very different. The set utilized 2 big trap doors & an automation track which is very rarely used in a tour.
Updated On: 7/12/10 at 04:20 AM

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#379 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 5:49am

Where is all of this information coming from?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

jamiekennywicked
#389 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 8:49am

Again wikipedia is not a very releiable site but it says the tour will feature just 11 songs! Can't see this happening thought

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#399 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 11:47am

Never trust Wikipedia...even if it turns out to be true .0001% of the time.

"Niki Scalera is playing Doralee"
Yes, she was great in hairspray, I agree, but I just don't see her in this role.

I was wondering this as well. I just hope they do not make massive cuts to the set design for the tour as they did with Legally Blonde.

Unfotunatly it's more than likely not going to resemble anything to what the broadway production looked like. I agree with the Legally Blonde tour, but then again I saw it twice (in two cities) and the further back I sat, the crapier (sp?) it was. Saw it in the last row of the balcony and thought the blocking/set was from a community production, saw it in the third row orchestra and loved it. Idk.

I'm only intrested in two casting choices, for Mr. Hart, and Judy (since Doralee has been *announced*)

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

jamiekennywicked
#409 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/12/10 at 12:40pm

I'm excited for the announcement of Judy too

jamiekennywicked
#419 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/14/10 at 6:56pm

BUMP! Any more casting updates?

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#429 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/14/10 at 10:39pm

Really? Niki Scalera as Doralee? I saw her as Jane in Tarzan. I don't see her either

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

jamiekennywicked
#439 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/15/10 at 9:02am

Nicki Scalera was the final Penny on bway right?

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#449 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/15/10 at 12:13pm

Yes, and one of the best penny's around (vocally and acting) but I just don't see how she's going to be Doralee. I actually could see her more as Judy.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

Amanda15
#459 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/26/10 at 11:32pm

A poster at ATC claims the tour Doralee is a former American Idol contestant. Who knows if that's true but just thought I'd throw that out there.
So far I've heard the September/October tour dates will take them to Nashville, Atlanta, and Charlotte. October/November: Des Moines, Huntsville, Tampa, Memphis, Houston. December/January: San Antonio, East Lansing, Greenville (SC), Indianapolis, Chicago. February: Dayton, St.Louis, Tempe. March: Sacramento, Spokane. April/May: Seattle, Denver, Costa Mesa (CA). I'm sure I'm missing a few.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#469 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/26/10 at 11:42pm

Here's the ATC thread Amanda15 is referring to.

http://talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1883506

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#479 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/26/10 at 11:43pm

KELLIE PICKLER BABY! You know what she bought with her American Idol money? A boob job! So she is PERFECT for Doralee. If this turns out to be true, I will be happy happy man.

Kellie Pickler singing 9 to 5 Updated On: 7/26/10 at 11:43 PM

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#489 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/26/10 at 11:52pm

It might be Diana DeGarmo. She posted a tweet today,
"Something big is in the works! I can't wait to share the great news with all of you!!"

I love Diana, but I'm not sure if she fits Doralee. She doesn't have the upper figure for the role.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#499 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/26/10 at 11:54pm

I wouldn't mind seeing her play Judy. Kellie Pickler's tour ends September 19th and the 9to5 tour is set to start on September 21st.