News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheKandyLife

TheKandyLife Profile Photo
Member Name: TheKandyLife
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Norbert's voice
 Jun 17 2011, 09:38:11 PM
I didn't know about the vocal injury he had, but i thought roughly the same thing...he sounded different.

The conclusion I came to was that live in the theatre he is dancing, which gets him out of breath, so shouts/does recitative (spelling?) in his songs.

In the cast recording of Catch Me If You Can, he does sing a whole lot more, because he was standing still singing... That's why I came to that conclusion. =)

re: Non-Romantic Male/Female Duets & Scenes
 May 5 2011, 12:24:25 AM
Avenue Q - Fantasiees Come True
Billy Elliot - The Letter
I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change - Tear Jerk
I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change - Hey There, Single Guy/Gal
Legally Blonde - Serious
Next To Normal - You Don't Know/I Am The One (With minor tweaks)
Shrek - I Think I Got You Beat
Spamalot - The Song That Goes like This (Despite the lyric that says "Ends up with a kiss")

That's all I can think of...Hope it helps in some way!

If you had to choose between Sister Act and Anything Goes...
 May 4 2011, 07:37:38 PM
Sister Act I found really great fun! Entertained through and through! Patina has the ebst voice on Broadway this season, in my oppinion. The show made me smile and got me a little teary. =D

Anything Goes I felt like leaving, as much as I love Sutton Foster (which is a lot) It was very boring. Great music, which was nailed to a tee! (tea?) But I was very bored =(

Best Actress in a Musical to have 4 nominees
 May 2 2011, 06:20:01 PM
I'd love to see Patina win
Sutton just grates me in her current show, nothing really made me go "wow" with the performance. So, I hope the Tony goes to Patina!

one play. One musical. Which ones?
 May 2 2011, 05:54:33 PM
"I can't believe anyone would recommend The Addams Family to anyone. I hope you guys are not making fun of this user."

I most deffinately am not making fool of him!

I'm just assuming you don't like The Addams Family. If you don't like it, doesn't mean other people agree with you. Some people really love this show! It's far from perfect, but it's fun...maybe not for you...but for others it is, and that's why I recommend it.

"(Maybe people are recommending The Addams Fam

one play. One musical. Which ones?
 May 1 2011, 09:37:38 PM
The Addams Family
Wonderland
Sister Act
Catch Me If You Cam

since they don't really know Broadway well, like you said, then these scores are fun, particularly the last 3, and should keep them happy...hopefully! haha

Very Funny Female Monologues
 Apr 29 2011, 11:47:44 PM
There's one I am VERY fond of... Apparently, It's based on an old Gerard Hoffnung story. It's commonly known as "The Bricklayer's Lament"

Here's a fantastic version of it, by Terry Neason (who i has a pleasure to see, and meet, when she was in Gypsy, in Glasgow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNzYijcfa1U

Strictly speaking...It's not ONLY a female monologue...But this proves it CAN be one!

Hope this helps!

The five best 11 o'clock numbers in Broadway history
 Apr 29 2011, 04:12:35 PM
The Producers - Betrayed...This Is my all time favourite 11 o'clock number, and beautifully done by Nathan Lane!

9 to 5 - Get Out and Stay Out

Aida - I Know The Truth

Gypsy - Rose's Turn

It's not in the 2nd Act, but i've ALWAYS felt that La Cage Aux Folles' - I Am What I Am...Is a fabulously intense moment and one of the best Act 1 closing numbers!

What Was Your Favorite New Song Of The Season?
 Apr 28 2011, 09:27:33 PM
Wonderland - Off With Their Heads

Sister Act - Fabulous, Baby

Which TV Show Would You Like To See Made Into A Musical??
 Apr 4 2011, 04:49:33 PM
Will & Grace would be fun fun fun haha
Confirmed! Disney's Aladdin to Play Seattle's 5th Avenue in July 2011
 Apr 4 2011, 12:45:22 AM
jonartdesigns - I agree that Hercules should be done on Broadway.

Was it not on a Disney cruise of some sort? It looked...entertaining...But if put on Broadway with the right team behind it, it could be a fantastic gospel-filled night! haha

Confirmed! Disney's Aladdin to Play Seattle's 5th Avenue in July 2011
 Apr 3 2011, 02:04:28 PM
Just to hear 'Friend Like Me' played by a live orchestra would be a treat for me!

Can't wait to hear what new fun songs Menken has in store for us with this! Even if it does flop, the score should be fun and touching!

Has anyone heard of a Movie called 'Snow White: A Tale of Terror'?
 Mar 27 2011, 07:25:37 PM
ILOHTFAHA - .....niiiice response:)

I've not heard of the film, but it sounds interesting...i suppose it's a dark twist of Snow White? I'm all in for that!

Act One Closing 'Montage'
 Mar 26 2011, 05:24:48 PM
I didn't enjoy it... But "Buffy: Once More With Feeling" did it with the song "Walk Through The Fire"

Scrubs The Musical...The song title escapes me, i'm sure you can find it on youtube somewhere!

Shrek The Musical also does a smaller version in "Who I'd Be"

...that's all i can think of just now. I tried searching the internet for the first musical to ever do this sort of song, but can't put a finger on it, sorry!

Wicked: Who has the best music: The Wizard or the younger characters?
 Mar 26 2011, 05:13:01 PM
I'm 18.

The Wizards song "A Sentimental Man" I find slow and very boring, but lyrically rather pleasing.
"Wonderful" Is a lot more down my street! In my opinion that style of song is always the best, there are some other styles of songs that get me going musically, but my heart goes out for a song in that syle. Especially the songs that could bring down a house, that are in that style i.e. All That Jazz, Death Is Just Around The Corner, Gimme Gimme, Wild Wild Party etc...

B

Harvey Fierstein stage door.
 Mar 24 2011, 06:15:21 PM
Despite what everyone said already, when i seen the show, he was very bubbly at the stage door, he smiled and you could tell he was tired, but that's obvious as to why and very understandable, but he was riot to have banter with, as i was hoping he would be!

So like everyone else, just depends on what mood he is in, if he's ahppy, talkative, tired, grumpy etc...

The Big Gay Musical
 Mar 23 2011, 08:17:02 PM
Thanks a lot for getting back!

I think I'm just going to buy the DVD...grandpianoalex..you sold it to me by saying there's eye candy hahaa and i might even like it so much as to buy a few songs from iTunes, or the whole CD.

Thanks!

The Big Gay Musical
 Mar 22 2011, 11:07:08 PM
I did a search for a topic along these lines so I apologise in advance if there's a thread already like this!

I was wondering if the DVD and CD of "The Big Gay Musical" are a worth while purchase?

I've just came across it and it looks...cheesy, camp, over the top...but fun! So just wondering what anyone else makes of it...If you've seen it, is it good? Worth the buy? Anything is appreciated =)

Thanks!

Full Disclosure: Shows that have made you cry
 Mar 20 2011, 09:40:24 PM
Next To Normal - I cried at several scenes, and as said above, "So Anyway" get's me too.

Billy Elliot - yeah...quite embarassing but true.

Gypsy - Gypsy shouting at Rose (especially in the recent revival) shock me up.

La Cage - Douglas Hodge, sitting in the corner, while Kelsey sang "Look Over There", really struck me and was very poignant (spelling? Sorry!)

Spamalot - More of a sentimental reason, "The Song That Goes Like This" is the iconic song between me a

Chart songs not Broadway
 Feb 22 2011, 05:57:55 AM
Katy Perry I used to hate as a performer, but appreciated her songs. It wasn't until i found out she wrote her own songs that I started to fully appreciate her now! Would love to hear a jukebox musical with her songs!

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You