pixeltracker

So excited about Women on the Verge...

So excited about Women on the Verge...

MimiJudith Profile Photo
MimiJudith
#1So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:14am

I didn't know anything about this show coming to Broadway until I saw the poster in Shubert Alley yesterday. I never liked this movie ("Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown") but I love David Yazbek and I was thrilled to see that he wrote the music and lyrics for this. Also, Jeffrey Lane wrote the book (he and Yazbek also collaborated on my favorite show, "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"). Does anyone have any casting info on Women on the Verge...?

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#2So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:20am

Nobody's gonna know till October 2nd. lol.

nuckyblue Profile Photo
nuckyblue
#2So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 8:10pm

I could totally see Andréa Burns as Pepa. That would be hilarious and amazing!!

Speaking of, is she on a long vacation again or is she out of ITH?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#3So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 8:36pm

I'm surprised they haven't announced any casting yet.

Andrea is on a long vacation.

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#4So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:08pm

Very long vacation?

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#5So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:13pm

This is the second summer she has taken off. She returns for Corbin's final weekend.

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#6So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:13pm

When do single tickets go on sale?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#7So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:16pm

I believe they go on sale in the beginning of next month... Not exactly sure when. I'm sure they will announce that when they announce the casting, which should be within the next couple of weeks.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#8So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:18pm

I am kinda surprised that they haven't announced casting either. I mean, sure, we have heard copious rumors, but I am really excited to hear something definite. I am guessing we will know soon since it is getting close!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#9So excited about Women on the Verge...
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:51pm

Someone asked on Lincoln Center Theatre's facebook page when they'd be announcing the cast and whoever runs the page responded "Soon hopefully!! We are so close!" (I think one hold-up might be that if Patti LuPone is doing the show, they're trying to work around her concert schedule)

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Videos