News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nuckyblue

nuckyblue Profile Photo
Member Name: nuckyblue
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Jan 1 2014, 09:46:34 PM
My secret is only positive:

Seeing so many fathers with their teenage kids (especially sons) at the Flea Market in September, bonding and often listening patiently about the virtues of this and that actress. So, so, so lovely.

Which cast recordings could you only listen to once?
 Jun 5 2012, 05:47:08 PM
1995 revival of H2$, even though I love Megan Mullally and Lilian White ... feh.
my review of Jesus Christ Superstar
 Mar 23 2012, 12:00:06 AM
I had no idea a whole country could be clueless about Broadway! Poor Canada. They don't know what they're missing.

The opposite gender role of your dreams
 May 7 2011, 02:52:00 PM
I would love to play Candela from "Women on the Verge", Diana from "Next to Normal", Clio from "Xanadu"...and Maggie from "A Chorus Line". :)
Riedel's predictions
 May 1 2011, 02:08:31 AM
So here's the question of the hour... who will get the shaft in the Best Actress category? Six potential nominees and five spots...oof!!!
Priscilla Queen of the Desert - WTF?!
 Mar 20 2011, 01:43:38 PM
The Divas would be worthy recipients of a Best Supporting Actress in a Musical Tony. If Karine Plantadit can get a nomination last year, why not a Diva?
Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
 Mar 18 2011, 10:25:27 PM
Add me to the camp of folks who enjoyed the show. I thought it was high-energy, great dancing (I spent a good chunk of the group numbers watching one of the male dancers who I recognized from "Women on the Verge"; adorable!) and very enjoyable. I do agree that a solid 5-10 minutes needs to be lopped off of each act, but it was a great night out in my eyes. I was 4th row orchestra center.

My date said that Norbert was the highlight. I think Aaron, but our age difference is 30 years. Norb

Anything Goes Stage Door & Rush?
 Mar 18 2011, 10:16:54 PM
On Wednesday night, neither Sutton nor Joel came out to the stage door. There were a lot of long faces, but the rest of the cast came out and were soooo very kind.

It just depends on the day, methinks.

Sutton Foster in Anything Goes. First Preview.
 Mar 13 2011, 12:00:11 AM
I'm seeing the show on Wednesday night and can't wait. Thank you all for the feedback and neat comments... I'm psyched.
I too
 Feb 24 2011, 10:54:00 PM
I miss Hullaballoo.

Verge Cast Recording Update?
 Jan 2 2011, 02:18:27 PM
Add me to the list of those who are encouraged by that little nugget... So hope it happens!
re: Best Original Musicals of the Decade
 Dec 31 2010, 12:15:31 AM
Drowsy Chaperone
Next to Normal
[title of show]
In The Heights

Women on the Verge Stage Door
 Dec 30 2010, 12:23:38 AM
My last trip was December 4 or so, the Saturday. Everyone came out except Sherie and Danny. A really pleasant group; everyone was very kind and posed for pics.
Verge Cast Recording Update?
 Dec 9 2010, 06:22:01 PM
Saw the show on Saturday. The merch booth had sheets where you could leave your contact info to receive updates on a OCR release.
Priscilla previews
 Oct 22 2010, 12:07:11 AM
After a week and a half of previews, everything is shaping up wonderfully in Toronto. The show moves flawlessly. Will Swenson, Nick Adams and Tony Sheldon are all amazing. The supporting cast is amazing (those divas can sing!) and you can just imagine how the costumes are. Sets are a bit limited right now. Any questions, just holler.

Also, tonight only, the end of the finale was reprised so that it could be recorded for the cast and crew's contribution to the "It Gets Better" campaign.

Lin-Manuel Miranda and ITH tour cast for the NOH8 Campaign
 Aug 29 2010, 09:00:20 PM
Lin and the cast -

I am SO proud of you for doing this. Straight allies are one of our greatest weapons.

MUCHÍSIMAS GRACIAS.

re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Aug 3 2010, 12:54:58 AM
1. "At The Ballet" - A Chorus Line
2. "Carnaval del barrio" - In The Heights
3. "Just Another Day" - Next to Normal
4. "A New Argentina" - Evita

The end of Dancap in Toronto?
 Jul 24 2010, 12:20:03 AM
Dang. Quel dommage.

Dan has done amazing things for Toronto's theater scene but there's just not enough going on here to challenge Mirvish...and many of his non-subscription shows have flopped this past year as well.

Keep it up, Aubrey. Bring us ITH and Memphis, which you invested in...and the rumoured N2N tour stop...

So excited about Women on the Verge...
 Jul 19 2010, 08:10:05 PM
I could totally see Andréa Burns as Pepa. That would be hilarious and amazing!!

Speaking of, is she on a long vacation again or is she out of ITH?

Liza Minnelli on Home Shopping Channel
 Jul 1 2010, 08:56:02 PM
Beyond entertaining!! Thanks so much.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You