Evil Dead Musical

BlackCabbiTabbi
#1Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 6:55pm

Is it any good? It is coming around here and I am wondering if I should get tickets to see it.

Thanks!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#2Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 6:59pm

It is a lot of fun! Silly,campy and very delightfully bloody. Go see it, thank me later.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 7:00pm

Defnitely go! And if they have them, be sure to get tickets in the "Splatter Zone" and take a raincoat.

Loads of fun.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 9/9/10 at 07:00 PM

LegallyBroadway2
#3Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 7:17pm

Without a doubt, that musical is so much fun. And 100% Spatter Zone. WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT? bahaha. LOOK WHOS EVIL NOWWWWW.

lightguy06222
#4Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 8:37pm

Evil Dead The Musical is FANTASTIC! great campy humor, legitimately great music and lyrics, a hysterical book, and a whole lot of fun

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#5Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 9:28pm

Are you a fan of the movies, BlackCabbiTabbi?

You don't need to be to love the show, just wondering.

....but the world goes 'round

zunit1234 Profile Photo
zunit1234
#6Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 11:30pm

I loved it when I saw it, great campy fun. a GREAT night. and the splatter zone made it even better!

Witty signature to come.

BlackCabbiTabbi
#7Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/9/10 at 11:56pm

Thanks for the input everyone! And tazber, I actually have only seen Evil Dead II but I did enjoy it! I also absolutely loved Drag Me To Hell, which I am told is Sam Raimi returning to his roots from Evil Dead. I think I would definitely enjoy this!

Dollypop
#8Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 1:14am

I saw the New York production three times--and I'm an old fogey.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#9Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 8:46am

Its amazing, so funny, it should have ran much longer in NY

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Dollypop
#10Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 8:50am

The show would have run longer in NYC if the producers knew what they were doing. The were "newbies" and messed up on many counts.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#11Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 10:31am

Yeah, this was one show that left me scratching my head as to why it closed so soon. It was absolutely wonderful! The Toxic Avenger tried to follow suit but failed to reach the pure joy of Evil Dead the Musical.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#12Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 10:57am

Question, I am a huge fan of the film and was curious of if it does deviate from the film script, since it is on stage, and to what degree? I would love to see this.

tdl83
#13Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 11:01am

A TERRIFIC OFF BROADWAY CAST RECORDING!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST!!!! EVER!!!!

lightguy06222
#14Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 2:21pm

it deviates from the movies, because its NOT the movies. Its a musical. New "original" book. It has some of your favorite lines that you expect (THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!, SHOP SMART, SHOP S-MART! etc)

The plot is basically the combined evil dead movies (1 and 2) into one stage musical. Its awesome.

Dollypop
#15Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 2:31pm

And the stage musical didn't have Rick Domeier playing Evil Eddie.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#16Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 2:44pm

All The Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons has to be one of my favorite musical theatre songs...

I also have to say the off-Broadway production had a FANTASTIC design... that set and lights were really well done and the costumes totally captured the campiness of it all.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#17Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 2:48pm

The musical also pokes fun at the strange logic (or lack thereof) in some of the plot points.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#18Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 2:57pm

Here is the audio slide show when the New York Times discussed the design with David Gallo

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/khtml/2006/11/01/theater/20061103_GALLO_AUDIOSS.html Updated On: 9/10/10 at 02:57 PM

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#19Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:20pm

I saw it in Washington DC and had so much fun. I was DRENCHED in blood and the songs were very catchy.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#20Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:26pm

Can someone explain what the producing errors were of the NY Run?

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#21Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:54pm

I've only seen the pro-shot of the original Toronto run, but I love it.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#22Evil Dead Musical
Posted: 9/10/10 at 9:25pm

Wasn't there talk of it being released on DVD?

Videos