News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please

AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please

n2nforever<3 Profile Photo
n2nforever<3
#1AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/16/10 at 11:03pm

hey everyone, I know that the board is mostly for new york, but I have a question about the Ahmanson Theatre in l.a.. I'm about to buy tickets to next to normal, and they have second row seats open, but then the next available seats are way back in row Q. Has anyone sat in front before? I know n2n is better from a far away perspective, but I was wondering how great these seats are. R they still available for a reason?

Thanks so much

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#2AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/16/10 at 11:06pm

It depends. Will the tour be using the three-story set? Unless it's set far upstage, you'd get a sore neck trying to see the upper levels from the second row.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#2AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/16/10 at 11:20pm

From seeing the pretty bare staged "Leap of Faith" the stage is pretty big and deep. I wouldn't be surprised if they used something to reduce the size of the promecium because it seems very big. It depends on where the decide to place the set. But if you wait I don't doubt that more seats will be released. Although I have never sat in those two rows. I do know that row Q isn't below the mezz. overhang so it should be a good view.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#3AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/17/10 at 12:09am

I'm a subscriber to the Ahmanson and think that, especially with this show, you might be better off closer to the stage rather than way back in Q. Might be more of a personal preference sort of thing but I much prefer being able to see the actors' faces which I don't think one can do in the rear of the Orchestra.
Having seen N2N before in NYC, I think you might be happier closer up

n2nforever<3
#4AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/17/10 at 12:45pm

Do you think more seats will be released? I think it would be better to see alice's expressions up close vs. back of the theatre. I don't think i'll mind looking up, and from what I remember, there was hardly any action on the third level, and on the second level just a handful of scenes.

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#5AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/17/10 at 12:54pm

Actually the front rows at this theater are fine. I saw South Pacific from the first row all the way to the side and it was a magnificent experience. I didn't miss anything.. and I suspect neither would you.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/18/10 at 4:20am

Of course more seats are very likely to be released. This is Next to Normal...not a sellout. Just go with the second row seats and be done with it.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#7AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/18/10 at 5:09am

You always want to be close at the Ahmenson but the wild card here is that three tiered set. What's the view like from the 2nd row of the Booth? I was further back.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

n2nforever<3
#8AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/18/10 at 7:17pm

Yeah I think i'll go for the second row seats and hope for the best

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/18/10 at 7:28pm

Go second row. You want to be close to see the facial expressions. The top tier of the set is barely used. You'll be fine and you wont hurt your neck.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

RazzleDazzle3
#10AHANSON THEATRE L.A. help please
Posted: 11/18/10 at 8:19pm

I just saw the N2N set up in the Ahmanson. I would say that 4th row is ideal! 1st - 3rd are very good though, but yes, you will miss the top tier. But whenever Gabe is doing anything up there, he is leaning down which you can totally see.

Videos