pixeltracker

Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?

Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?

LindyLee
#1Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 2:04pm

We have tickets for Broadway tour of Rock of Ages (in Orlando) this Sunday and I'm just not excited to see it and may give the tickets to a friend. To those who have seen it, should we get excited and go? Is it worth it? Thanks for any input. Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It? Lindy

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#2Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 2:07pm

See it!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#2Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 2:41pm

LindyLee, honey, save your money and skip it.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 3:02pm

Just go see it. You already bought the tickets, go and form your own opinion. You might actually like it!

I went in with low expectations and not entirely familiar with 80s rock music, and I loved the show! The plot is definitely weak, but it is a fun show.

You're going to get a range of opinions here because everyone has different taste. That's why the best thing to do is just see it (since you already have tickets), and decide for yourself.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#4Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 3:14pm

See it! My 65 year-old mother had no interest at all. She adored the show. I saw it on Broadway and on tour and I'd go again. If you think you're not familiar enough with 80s music, you'll be surprised how many songs you recognize. If you like 80s music, then it's even more fun the way each song is introduced. And as much as I hate American Idol, I was SHOCKED how good Constantine was. The show is silly and fun and actually very smart in its execution. And the energy from the audience boosts the atmosphere. Go and have a wonderful time.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ghostlight2
#5Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 3:26pm

I HATE that style of '80's rock. I friend gave me tickets a couple weeks ago, so I went....it's a really fun show. You've already got the tickets. Go already. It was laugh out loud funny.

And what Matt said. Updated On: 1/13/11 at 03:26 PM

Mister Matt
#6Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 3:34pm

That's sort of what happened with my mom. She hates 80s hair band rock and was afraid the show would be an assault on her ears and give her a headache. She was laughing hysterically and dancing in her seat. The way the songs are used and arranged is inspired and the style of the show is what makes it all come together and work.

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#7Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 3:35pm

I'd say spend some time on the website. Watch the videos, listen to the music and really get to know who the cast is. Then decide. I saw it 3 times on bway and really liked it. go see it before it comes out in the movie theaters

It really is a silly show and idk why it's getting so much attention, but if u have tux already, why not.

Or just give the tickets to some friends of mine in Orlando!! :)

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#8Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 3:40pm

See it. I wouldn't go by anything that Kalimba says.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

LindyLee
#9Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 4:21pm

Thanks so much for all the great input! Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It? We were married in the 80's and were yuppies when MTV was born. We've decided to go based on your great responses, and knowing we'll know all the music! Thanks!!

wicked4l
#10Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 4:29pm

Great! You will love it! Enjoy!

Mister Matt
#11Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 4:39pm

Let us know what you think. And have fun!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#12Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 4:56pm

I know you've already decided, but I want to reply anyway, so I'ma pretend you haven't yet. Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?

See it! Whenever I've gone to see a show with really low expectations, I've usually ended up having a really brilliant time. And even if a show doesn't live up to expectations, I always get *something* out of a production. If you already have the tickets, you really should!

Yay, you're going! I hope you have fun! Let us know how it went! Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#13Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 6:51pm

See it. It's a fun show.

rorschach37
#14Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 9:53pm

IMO, if anyone wants to see it they HAVE to see it with Constantine. He is fantastic as well as every other member of the cast. I had a blast, and my mom and sister thought it was the best show they'd been to (I didn't go that far, but it's still a wonderful show)!

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#15Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 10:32pm

SEE IT!

80s rock is literally my least favorite type of music ever. But the show is great. Very funny and surprisingly clever. Give it a chance for sure.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#16Rock of Ages - Skip It or See It?
Posted: 1/13/11 at 11:14pm

Have a couple cocktails and see it!

Seriously. Cocktails help.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

Videos