I Now Hate GLEE

JMPlayer6 Profile Photo
JMPlayer6
#25I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 3:33pm

What does TV's "Glee" have anything to do with Broadway/theatre?

Gothampc
#26I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 3:38pm

"What does TV's "Glee" have anything to do with Broadway/theatre?"

Because Broadway is the only place they will get work once they leave Glee.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#27I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 3:46pm

What does TV's "Glee" have anything to do with Broadway/theatre?

Why not ask the people who work on this site and constantly include it in their "stage tube" features?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

phantomcrazy14 Profile Photo
phantomcrazy14
#28I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 3:48pm

Thank you for posting this! I agree completely. I loved the 1st Season but this one sucks. 1.) The plot is awful. They don't mention sectionals or regionals until the episode before. What happened to Sunshine or Vocal Adrenaline? 2.) I'm all for Kurt, but really? Do we have to have him crying and episodes all about him. 3.) Give the other people a chance to sing yes, but I miss hearing Rachel. I know they're trying to keep things fresh and different than the first but that doesn't mean unbelievable and, frankly, laughable.

JMPlayer6 Profile Photo
JMPlayer6
#29I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 3:49pm

"Because Broadway is the only place they will get work once they leave Glee."

So none of the actors could move into other TV shows or movies or non-Broadway stage work or decide to be an author or go into the family insurance business? Hardly.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#30I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 3:56pm

"what sort of message would it send if Kurt was in a relationship with the person who threatened to kill him?"

Laura Webber married her rapist Luke Spencer and the whole country seemed fine with it. In fact, their wedding is still the highest-rated hour in American soap opera history.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#31I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 3:58pm

"What does TV's "Glee" have anything to do with Broadway/theatre?"

Wait, for real? Maybe the fact that it features a huge amount of Broadway/theatre stars and songs?

If Patti LuPone and Bernadette Peters starred in a TV special together, would you refuse to let it be discussed here because it wasn't directly a Broadway/theatre program?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#32I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:00pm

It really doesn't feature a huge amount of Broadway songs or stars anymore.

Just give the world Love.

JMPlayer6 Profile Photo
JMPlayer6
#33I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:08pm

"If Patti LuPone and Bernadette Peters starred in a TV special together ..."

I don't have the power of refusal, so that's an irrelevant question. Depending on what the TV special was about, I'd say it may be relevant to this site or not. Lots of actors who do stage work appear on TV shows. Their appearance, in and of itself, does not make for relevancy. Yes, I am aware about "the people who work on this site and constantly include it in their 'stage tube' features".

Gothampc
#34I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:09pm

^^ I meant the only acting work they will get. Here's what will happen to the actors currently playing these roles.

Lauren will end up working for the DMV
Artie will become an accountant
Finn will end up selling real estate
Puck will own a landscaping business
Kurt will be a drama teacher at some small community college
Brittany will open a dance studio for girls 8-12
Santana will be head cashier at Piggly Wiggly
Rachel will be doing dinner theater productions of A Shayna Maidel
Quinn will do a tv movie about Doris Day and then retire
Mercedes will appear on Law & Order as a recurring judge whose only line is "I'll allow it"
Sam will get a regular gig as MC on a cable access show
And Mike and Tina will fade into obscurity

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Josh Freilich
#35I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:12pm

You do mean their character personae, not the real actors playing these characters, right?

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

Gothampc
#36I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:16pm

Not the characters, the real actors.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#37I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:17pm

So aren't some of the characters due to gradute high school by the end of this season? I am not sure which ones but will they be gone next season?

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#38I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:20pm

I watched the first two episodes and never tuned in again. It never caught my interest. I don't think it's actually bad, just silly in a juvenile way. But I think, in all fairness, high-school narratives leave me cold.

walkedthroughmany
#39I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:21pm

Yeah, it does.

This season alone so far has featured the following Broadway-related songs:
"Getting to Know You," "Listen," "What I Did for Love," "Papa, Can You Hear Me?," "Le Jazz Hot," "Sing!," most songs from The Rocky Horror Show, "Make 'Em Laugh," "Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag," "Singin' in the Rain," "Ohio," "Don't Cry for Me Argentina," "We Need a Little Christmas," "My Funny Valentine," and "Take Me or Leave Me." I am sorry if this is not enough for you.

As for Broadway stars, let's look solely at this week's episode. It features the following Broadway veterans: Tony Award-nominee Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele, Jenna Ushkowitz, Loretta Devine, Kathy Griffin, Telly Leung, shall I go further?
Updated On: 3/16/11 at 04:21 PM

Gothampc
#40I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:22pm

Glee is going the same route as Fame. Season 1 of Fame was really good, but each new Season brought more ridiculous plots and then the songs began to get bad.

Gothampc
#41I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:31pm

Fixed that for you. Those songs were not originally Broadway songs.

"This season alone so far has featured the following Broadway-related songs: "Getting to Know You," "Listen," "What I Did for Love," "Papa, Can You Hear Me?," "Le Jazz Hot," "Sing!," most songs from The Rocky Horror Show, "Make 'Em Laugh," "Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag," "Singin' in the Rain," "Ohio," "Don't Cry for Me Argentina," "We Need a Little Christmas," "My Funny Valentine," and "Take Me or Leave Me."

Updated On: 3/16/11 at 04:31 PM

walkedthroughmany
#42I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:39pm

I said Broadway-related, not Broadway songs. And "Sing!" is from "A Chorus Line"...not sure why you crossed it out.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#43I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:39pm

I don't think Glee has anything to do with Broadway. Yes they sang a few showtunes, but now they just sing a mix of songs, few of which are from Broadway now. I would rather them not sing broadway since I have yet to like on rendition of their broadway songs.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

SingingChef Profile Photo
SingingChef
#44I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:41pm

This thread is ridiculous.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#45I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:41pm

Well Morrison, Michelle and Lueng are regulars on the show. Kathy Griffin is doing 10 stand-up shows on Broadway. I don't think that makes her a Broadway star. And while Ms. Devine has done a lot of stage work, she is known more now for her tv and film work.

Updated On: 3/16/11 at 04:41 PM

Gothampc
#46I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:43pm

Ok, I made a mistake with Sing. But saying the others are Broadway songs is like saying "Dancing Queen" is a Broadway song.

SporkGoddess
#47I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:43pm

A lot of people are complaining lately about how Glee has become too "Kidz Bop"--basically just covers of Top 40s songs.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#48I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 4:48pm

It's a TV sit-com!
If we had the internet during the 50's would people discuss if Lucy Ricardo would ever appear at the Tropicana?

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#49I Now Hate GLEE
Posted: 3/16/11 at 5:16pm

OMG! hahah Gothampc you made me LAUGH OUT LOUD at your analysis of the actor's careers! lol