pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 18

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#425Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/24/14 at 12:26pm

Longtime "Chicago" national tour veteran Lindsay Roginski will make her Broadway debut as "Roxie Hart" beginning June 30, 2014 for one week only. If you have a chance to see her, she's an awesome performer!

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#426Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/24/14 at 12:34pm

They need a new Velma. Please, for the love of God, get a new Velma.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#427Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/24/14 at 12:38pm

I couldn't agree with you more about a new Velma.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#428Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/24/14 at 5:51pm

This is a picture of Lindsay Roginski (Roxie) and Brenda Braxton (Velma) when they did "Chicago" in Sacramento in 2013.

Updated On: 6/24/14 at 05:51 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#429Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/14 at 12:18am

The fact that Lindsay is only taking on the role for a week as a filler for a returning Roxie is complete and utter BULLS**T. Lindsay's an amazing Roxie and playing Roxie on Broadway is her dream and you give her a week? Come on.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#430Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/14 at 7:37am

I agree with you that Lindsay should have an opportunity to be Roxie on Broadway for an extended period of time. But, it's great that she has a chance to showcase her talents on the Broadway stage for the first time. She is an extremely talented performer, as those of us who have seen her in various tours throughout the years. Bianca is on vacation for the week of June 30th, so Lindsay is filling in for her. I know she's understudied the role of Roxie while touring, but perhaps she could also do the role of Velma at some point? Anyway, Lindsay will be amazing!

TheatreFan4
#431Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:54am

She also led the non equity tour for over a year.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#432Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/14 at 11:42am

Hey all. For those of you who just couldn't get enough of Amra Faye Wright for the past 3 years or so, she'll be Velma for a while longer, until January 25, 2015. I'm sure you're thrilled at this news!
(according to Telecharge)

Chicago

Updated On: 6/25/14 at 11:42 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#433Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/14 at 11:27pm

Here is a video I found of Lindsay Roginski and Brent Heuser making an appearance at a television station in Cleveland, Ohio. It's kind of funny how they try to teach a male anchor the fundamentals of All That Jazz. He comes across as a doofus. At the end, he does attempt a split. Ouch. This video is from 2010.

Lindsay Roginski

Updated On: 6/25/14 at 11:27 PM

Gurlie105
#434Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/14 at 11:37pm

Has anyone rushed Chicago lately? Curious what time to go or where the seats are now lol

TheatreFan4
#435Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/26/14 at 1:05am

Lindsay ripping up Whatever Lola Wants from Damn Yankees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ak90JipakY

Patti LuPone FANatic
#436Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/26/14 at 11:09pm

Hi. I came across this video of Billy Ray Cyrus playing Billy Flynn. This must have been the winter of 2012? Anyway, I was kind of underwhelmed by him. In "Both Reached For The Gun", he just "stood there" for the most part (with some lame movement) when Billy does that motion thing with his hands and arms, along with the rest of the cast.

Billy Ray as Billy Flynn

Updated On: 6/26/14 at 11:09 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#437Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/30/14 at 7:03pm

This is a nice NY Daily News article on Lindsay Roginski...from souvenir stand to Roxie.
Lindsay Roginski

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#438Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/30/14 at 10:16pm

good for her. hopefully she'll be able to return to the show for more than one week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#439Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/1/14 at 10:53am

If someone has a chance to see her during her 1 week run, please let us know what you thought. I have a feeling she could also do Velma Kelly, maybe? Pleeeeeease! : ) P.S. I'm here at LAX waiting for my flight to San Francisco. Yay.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#440Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/1/14 at 12:14pm

heres a video from May of Dylis Croman and BRENDA BRAXTON doing a promo medley in Brazil. Could there be hope of Brenda coming back to broadway? My poor girlfriend has only seen Amra's Velma.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh0Qkx-pwDQ
Brazil Promo

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#441Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/3/14 at 2:28am

Please no Brenda.
Saw her on the 3NT she was fierce. Saw her on broadway about 4/5 times was always hit or miss.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZQ3-zD_zZI perfection.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#442Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/10/14 at 8:23pm

This is Leigh Zimmerman performing "Adelaide's Lament" (Guys and Dolls) on "The Elaine Paige Show." Miss Zimmerman looks lovely!
Leigh Zimmerman

Phantom4ever
#443Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/10/14 at 11:16pm

I'm curious about the white outfits Roxie and Velma are wearing in the picture a few responses up. Were those special costumes for a publicity shoot or something? I've never heard of them changing up the original-1996 costumes.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#444Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/11/14 at 5:20pm

Its from a regional production.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Patti LuPone FANatic
#445Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/11/14 at 9:00pm

Those white outfits were from a regional production in Sacramento. They utilized a circular stage for this show.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#446Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/11/14 at 10:44pm

This is a video of the regional production done in Sacramento in August 2013. The use of the stage in-the-round is kind of trippy.
Chicago In Sacramento

Phantom4ever
#447Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/11/14 at 11:27pm

Yikes. The director, choreographer, and costumer of that regional production of Chicago were just plain out of ideas lol. I don't see the point in copying most elements of the Broadway and tour productions that are still playing. Maybe once those close and a regional house wants to reproduce it, but it seems a little unnecessary now.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#448Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/18/14 at 5:14am

Here's a nice little interview with Bianca Marroquin (Roxie) and Paul Vogt (Amos Hart) in "Chicago", as it appears in Broadway Box/Daily Scoop. Continued best of health to Paul. An amazing thing is that Bianca flies to Mexico City on her day off and returns back to the show....every week. Wow.
Bianca and Amos

Patti LuPone FANatic
#449Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/18/14 at 8:49am

This is an interview that Paul Vogt did for Theatremania. He also has a website that contains many performance videos. He's a funny actor...that Wizard of Oz sketch is twisted.
Paul Vogt interview