pixeltracker

Women on the Verge Cast Recording now available to download !!- Page 3

Women on the Verge Cast Recording now available to download !!

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#50Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/17/11 at 2:20am

I saw it twice in the last three days.... and was there at closing.... I thought it was a great show...

It still could have used another rewrite.... add a good 11 o'clock song for Sherie and could have cut THE MICROPHONE... and YESTERDAY TOMORROW.... but I really enjoyed the show... great energy... and a nice score... can't wait for the soundtrack.

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#51Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/18/11 at 11:38am

I'm also hearing there's no dialog on the recording, but the orchestrations sound incredible. Can't wait to get it!

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#52Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/18/11 at 3:42pm

Has anyone gotten there's yet? I live in the city and I got an e-mail saying it was shipped last Wednesday. I should have had it Thursday, no later then Friday. I'm getting really impatient.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#53Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:11pm

^ And you didn't get it today either? That's really strange.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#54Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/18/11 at 4:13pm

Yup, didn't come today either. =[

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#55Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/19/11 at 1:49am

You can now buy the digital album or specific songs through Amazon MP3:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VNECVA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=broadcaptu-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004VNECVA

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#57Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/20/11 at 7:59am

itunes also has extended clips from each song (1:30)

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#58Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/21/11 at 7:37am

x2 post

Updated On: 4/24/11 at 07:37 AM

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#59Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/24/11 at 9:38am

A great article by Frank Rich from the recording:

http://postimage.org/image/334kahxdw/

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#60Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/29/11 at 2:44pm

TheaterMania published a review of the CD:

Certain numbers do just pop off the recording, including "Lovesick," which is just one of several numbers deftly handled by Sherie Rene Scott as Pepa, and "The Microphone," which Brian Stokes Mitchell, playing the womanizing Ivan, sonorously infuses with swarthy sexiness and insincerity. Additionally, there's what might be one of the most sprawlingly funny numbers ever written for the theater, "Model Behavior." Delivered with comic gusto by Laura Benanti, this song hysterically brings a series of increasingly frantic and scattered voicemails to life.

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/04-2011/10-terrific-discs_36602.html

binau Profile Photo
binau
#61Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/30/11 at 6:14pm

Listened to this a little bit. Some songs are pretty hilarious- I really love the lyrics to "Lovesick" - did people LOL at this in the theatre? (I would be awkward if there were silence). (I had a ticket to this show but didn't end up going).

Also, is the order of the tracks different on the recording than in the theatre? The synopsis in the booklet and track listing seem different.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#62Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/30/11 at 11:35pm

The original preview song list (I think the only thing that was changed was having Madrid as an opening number for the first act and cutting My Crazy Heart):

ACT 1
My Crazy Heart
Lie to Me
Lovesick
Time Stood Still
My Crazy Heart (Reprise)
Model Behavior
Island
The Microphone
On the Verge

ACT 2
Madrid
Mother's Day
Yesterday, Tomorrow and Today
Tangled
Invisible
Island (Reprise)
Marisa/The Chase
Lie to Me (Reprise)
Shoes from Heaven

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#64Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 5/3/11 at 9:11am

Great review. Very happy about the Tony nomination for the score... Wondering if they had a chance at winning if the production was still running.

groucho797 Profile Photo
groucho797
#65Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 5/3/11 at 10:00am

Thanks to those who kept us informed! I just d/l'ed the digital album and am now thoroughly loving Madrid Is My Mama. The cast seems to be having a ball on this recording! I saw the show three times when it ran, and I'm pleasantly surprised that it got a Tony nom. I know there were folks out there determined to see this show die (and they got their wishes), but I'll be putting this recording in HEAVY rotation.

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#66Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 5/12/11 at 11:51am

Rob Lester reviews the album:

If ever a show title gave an accurate description of what that music and performances will sound like when you press "Play," this would be it. Mostly frantic and frazzled and funny, with occasional respite, the cast album of Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown breaks down into a series of neatly rhymed, hyperkinetic, frenetic displays of raw nerve endings for savvy comical effect. It works well for what it is and the cast pounces on the material, strutting their vocal stuff and playfully reinforcing the idea that love is a drug with a kick, but addiction difficult to kick. It's high-spirited comedy, often feeling like a cartoon. Sherie Rene Scott, in the key role of Pepa, is given some richer material and manages to invest some pathos; she presents a more three-dimensional (or two-and-a-half-dimensional) character, singing with more heart and insight. But she can incite a blizzard of bombast with the best of 'em.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/sound/may1211.html

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#67Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 5/22/11 at 6:19pm

If anyone has a link, a PM would be greatly appreciated

binau Profile Photo
binau
#68Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 5/22/11 at 6:20pm

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/women-on-verge-nervous-breakdown/id430929989

http://www.amazon.com/Women-Nervous-Breakdown-Digital-Booklet/dp/B004VNECVA

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Videos