pixeltracker

How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?

How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#1How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 12:19pm

No Tonys for The Mother F**ker with The Hat.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 12:22pm

What does that have to do with it closing? It's been doing fantastic business. I doubt you'll be hearing:

"Oh man, I'm so excited to see Chris Rock! I heard this play was great!!"

"But it didn't win any Tonys"

"Whats a Tony?"

"Some theater award"

"Really?"

"Nope, not one"

"Oh. Well can we get into War Horse?"

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#2How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 1:02pm

good point.

I thought the lack of awards would affect the run on Broadway.

I was thinking they would release an official statement about extending by now.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#3How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 1:09pm

It has been extended!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#4How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 1:09pm

It has been extended!

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#5How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 3:57pm

OH yeah? Did a little green troll come and whisper that in your ear?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#6How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 4:11pm

What? It really was extended before the Tony Awards....cast TBH though...

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

oxnfree
#7How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 4:19pm

Why the snarkiness? Someone has already explained that not all shows which go winless at the Tonys close right after. Someone else has explained it's already been extended. And you get even more snarky. Now here's someone else giving you proof before you get more offensive. I hope this goads you to see it because eventually it will close:

THE MOTHERF**KER WITH THE HAT Extends Bway Run Through July 17!

2011-05-11 15:35:23 from BWW News Desk

The producers of Stephen Adly Guirgis' hit new Tony nominated Best Play THE MOTHER WITH THE HAT (aka The Motherf**ker with the Hat), starring Chris Rock, announced today that the limited engagement has been extended by three weeks and will now play through Sunday, July 17th at Broadway's Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre (236 West 45th Street). Directed by Anna D. Shapiro, the play opened to critical acclaim on Monday, April 11, 2011.

There's buzz of a further extension until mid-September, but yes nothing official yet. Given its good box office, there is no reason to believe it won't make it until at least 3 weeks beyond its initial closing date. OK? OK.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#8How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 4:26pm

oxnfree, it has even extended a few months since then...

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 4:26pm

Telecharge is only selling until July 17.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 5:56pm

People were saying it would close shortly before it opened. Would like to see it extended.

Poster Emeritus

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#11How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 6:38pm

I was referring to the extension to September.

Didn't mean to sound "snarky"

Maybe I should have written "telecharge is no longer selling past July 17" instead.

My bad, I should have added a few Smileys and sad faces so as not to sound rude.

If they do extend again, it should be with another big star! This show is a great intro to theatre for people who would normally not come. :)
Updated On: 6/13/11 at 06:38 PM

indytallguy
#12How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 10:17pm

No smiley faces needed to not sound snarky. Just don't post things like this:

"OH yeah? Did a little green troll come and whisper that in your ear?"

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#13How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 11:23pm

Meanwhile, last week it took in more than Bengal Tiger... and Born Yesterday combined!

Sometimes people should pause and consider the facts before they pose a question .......

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#14How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 11:29pm

It's back to the original closing date of 17 July.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

binau Profile Photo
binau
#15How long before Mother F**ker posts closeing notice?
Posted: 6/14/11 at 7:03pm

oh, lol sad.

But I think this might have to do with more than the Tony Awards - e.g. not finding a replacement cast.

Videos