pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 9

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

hamiltonstradition
#200New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 10:27am

WickedFan1615 said: "JVJ93 said: "Sorry if this has been mentioned, but when is KRC’s final show? Wanna make a point to finally see her "

Rumor is 4/7
"

Ginna Claire starts April 9th, so KRC will play her final performance the 7th. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Thank-Goodness-Ginna-Claire-Mason-Will-Join-WICKED-As-Glinda-20190318

wicked4l
#201New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 11:16am

The new Elphaba begins mid May.

Updated On: 3/18/19 at 11:16 AM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#202New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 11:52am

A hint would be great!

James Kerrigan2
#203New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 7:18pm

When should we expect an announcement? Since the new Elphaba starts in Mid May I'm assuming that means that Jess is leaving with Ryan and the new Elphaba and Fiyero will start on May 14th.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#204New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 7:32pm

hamiltonstradition said: "Ginna Claire starts April 9th, so KRC will play her final performance the 7th.https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Thank-Goodness-Ginna-Claire-Mason-Will-Join-WICKED-As-Glinda-20190318"

I saw her three times when the Wicked tour stopped in Tulsa last year. She’s amazing. I’m so happy for her! I’d love it if Mary Kate Morrissey would be able to join her as Elphaba on Broadway. 

James Kerrigan2
#205New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 7:40pm

Miles2Go2 said: "hamiltonstradition said: "Ginna Claire starts April 9th, so KRC will play her final performance the 7th.https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Thank-Goodness-Ginna-Claire-Mason-Will-Join-WICKED-As-Glinda-20190318"

I saw her three times when the Wicked tour stopped in Tulsa last year. She’s amazing.I’m so happy for her! I’d love it if Mary Kate Morrissey would be able to join her as Elphaba on Broadway.
"

She's doing another project but will probably do the role someday on Broadway (probably with Ginna Claire)

hamiltonstradition
#206New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 9:10pm

James Kerrigan2 said: "When should we expect an announcement? Since the new Elphaba starts in Mid May I'm assuming that means that Jess is leaving with Ryan and the new Elphaba and Fiyero will start on May 14th."

Jess' family will be in the audience May 12th, maybe her last show?(https://twitter.com/soldbypv/status/1107802499438780416)

James Kerrigan2
#207New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 9:21pm

hamiltonstradition said: "James Kerrigan2 said: "When should we expect an announcement? Since the new Elphaba starts in Mid May I'm assuming that means that Jess is leaving with Ryan and the new Elphaba and Fiyero will start on May 14th."

Jess' family will be in the audience May 12th, maybe her last show?(https://twitter.com/soldbypv/status/1107802499438780416)

"

I'm 95% sure it's her last show especially since her family is going to be there. 

I am dying to know who is replacing her? I hope they announce it soon.

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#208New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 10:09pm

Yes, May 12th is pretty much all but confirmed by Jessica herself that it is her last show. Personally, I'm very excited to see a new Elphaba. Mary Kate has already booked something, as the user above stated, and will not be joining the Broadway company of Wicked anytime soon. I'm assuming Laurel will be standby until JLP starts, which isn't until the fall of 2019 (I believe?).

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#209New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 10:16pm

Has Mary Kate shared what she has booked? If so, could you share? Somehow I missed the news on her IG. Thx.

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#210New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 10:36pm

Maybe a bit early, but perhaps Mary Kate has booked Janis on the Mean Girls tour, as people were previously discussing her joining the Broadway cast, but it appears Barrett will be staying for the time being, and also seeing as how Mary Kate has not been on Broadway before, but has done Wicked on tour, they may be wanting a more established Broadway "semi-name" performer to eventually replace Barrett. This would keep her busy for at least a year, after which she could possibly come to Broadway with Ginna Claire still playing Glinda, similar to how Amanda Jane did her recent Glinda stint with both Jackie and Jessica. (All conjecture but just a thought) :) 

Updated On: 3/18/19 at 10:36 PM

Tanya 4 Profile Photo
Tanya 4
#211New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 11:57am

broadwayboy222 said: "Maybe a bit early, but perhaps Mary Kate has booked Janis on the Mean Girls tour, as people were previously discussing her joining the Broadway cast, but it appears Barrett will be staying for the time being, and also seeing as how Mary Kate has not been on Broadway before, but has done Wicked on tour, they may be wanting a more established Broadway "semi-name" performer to eventually replace Barrett. This would keep her busy for at least a year, after which she could possibly come to Broadway with Ginna Claire still playing Glinda, similar to how Amanda Jane did her recent Glinda stint with both Jackie and Jessica.(All conjecture but just a thought) :)"

That would be sweet! MK as Janis on tour would be fantastic! I also think that GC will stay as the resident Glinda for a while, with Glinda being her dream role and she’s such a delight to watch in that role :) I too hope to see the double-name-witches back together again at some point. They are singularly so talented but their Wicked partnership is so good! 

James Kerrigan2
#212New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 1:10pm

FlyHigh523 said: "Yes, May 12th is pretty much all but confirmed by Jessica herself that it is her last show. Personally, I'm very excited to see a new Elphaba. Mary Kate has already booked something, as the user abovestated, and will not be joining the Broadway company of Wickedanytime soon. I'm assuming Laurel will be standby until JLP starts, which isn't until the fall of 2019 (I believe?)."

who's JLP?

clearastheday Profile Photo
clearastheday
#213New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 1:26pm

James Kerrigan2 said: “who’s JLP?”

Jagged Little Pill.

James Kerrigan2
#214New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 1:42pm

clearastheday said: "James Kerrigan2 said: “who’s JLP?”

Jagged Little Pill.
"

how did i not know that? I wonder who will be the new Elphie Standby? Hopefully Alison Luff.

hamiltonstradition
#215New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 10:48pm

James Kerrigan2 said: "clearastheday said: "James Kerrigan2 said: “who’s JLP?”

Jagged Little Pill.
"

how did i not know that? I wonder who will be the new Elphie Standby? Hopefully Alison Luff.
"

I LOVE the sound of that.....I doubt she would take s/b at this point in her career.

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#216New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 2:03am

She should be lead Elphaba. To this day the best Elphaba I’ve ever seen.

magictodo123
#217New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 7:48am

James Kerrigan2 said: "FlyHigh523 said: "Yes, May 12th is pretty much all but confirmed by Jessica herself that it is her last show. Personally, I'm very excited to see a new Elphaba. Mary Kate has already booked something, as the user abovestated, and will not be joining the Broadway company of Wickedanytime soon. I'm assuming Laurel will be standby until JLP starts, which isn't until the fall of 2019 (I believe?)."

who's JLP?
"

How do we know about May 12th being her last performance? Wait...I just had a thought....isn't Shoshana Bean leaving Waitress in May?? What if....?

Tanya 4 Profile Photo
Tanya 4
#218New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 1:32pm

who's JLP?"

How do we know about May 12th being her last performance? Wait...I just had a thought....isn't Shoshana Bean leaving Waitress in May?? What if....?
"

That would be sweet! Shoshana is a legendary Elphie. Though further up in this thread, I read someone say the new Elphie would be making her Broadway debut in this role but had toured with Wicked in the past, so??? 

wicked4l
#219New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 2:29pm

There’s a hint on the new Elphaba’s Instagram.

Tanya 4 Profile Photo
Tanya 4
#220New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 2:54pm

wicked4l said: "There’s a hint on the new Elphaba’s Instagram."

And who’s Instagram account would that be? A hint would be lovely .  .  . Initials.  .  . Anything .  .  . Please 

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#221New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 3:27pm

Chelsea Emma Franko posted a throwback to her time on tour as standby Elphie three days ago, and I know she’s been a rumored replacement. However, I’m a little confused if it is her because I thought I had read where the next Elphie is completely new to the role and is more of a broadway “name.” And as thrilled as I’d be to see Chelsea replace, she fits neither of those criteria listed above.

Knemickas
#222New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 3:30pm

similarly, Olivia Valli (understudy from 2NT) has been hanging out with GC and MK today, so could it possibly be her? She’s not new to the role per se, but I don’t think she’s been on broadway before either

Tanya 4 Profile Photo
Tanya 4
#223New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 3:35pm

broadwayboy222 said: "Chelsea Emma Franko posted a throwback to her time on tour as standby Elphie three days ago, and I know she’s been a rumored replacement. However, I’m a little confused if it is her because I thought I had read where the next Elphie is completely new to the role and is more of a broadway “name.” And as thrilled as I’d be to see Chelsea replace, she fits neither of those criteria listed above”

My thoughts went to Chelsea or chElphaba as she called herself too. Presently though she seems to have her feet firmly planted at Disney’s Frozen Live at the Hyperion Theatre in SoCal performing as chElsa, as she calls herself. I would love to see Chelsea perform as principal Elphaba as her standby with the 2NT was met with great success according to those lucky enough to have seen her: beautiful acting and singing! 

anislander
#224New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 3:37pm

Not Chelsea. Not Olivia. Not Shoshana. Not MK. Not Alison.