CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Jordan Catalano
#2CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:13pm

Oh, and even though she's played the role in another musical and might be a little too old at this point- Laura Benanti, please.

Thanks.
Updated On: 12/8/11 at 02:13 PM

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:14pm

This is a bad idea. Is there really an audience for this thing? Unless they get some major star to do it, I think this will be a short run.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#3CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:16pm

I love the score! And dusting off that cutesy book sounds very promising. But I would prefer to see some fresh new talent in the role of Cinderella.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#4CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:23pm

BRANDY! :P I never saw the Brandy/Whitney film, so I am just throwing the name out there. lol.

Michael Bennett
#5CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:31pm

I'd rather see Whitney bring back her magic crack pipe

Jordan Catalano
#6CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:32pm

Every Thursday night I get sad that Whitney isn't starting in NBCs Whitney.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#7CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:33pm

My vote goes to Teal Wicks as Cinderella. Girl has some pipes but can also be a wonderful soprano.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

Jordan Catalano
#8CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:36pm

When will Lea Michele make the official announcement she wants to play the role?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#9CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:40pm

You need to be more specific - which stepsister does Lea want to play?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

beautywickedlover
#10CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 2:56pm

This is one of my most favorite musicals of all time! I also got take part in my cousin's high school production. I also really enjoyed all three TV adaptations.

"BRANDY!"

Although I'd love for that to happen, she's mainly focusing on getting her music career back on track. She was signed by RCA Records this summer.

http://www.eurweb.com/2011/08/brandy-is-back-and-working-with-rca-records/

I'm still kind of disappointed that Bristol Palin made it to the finals of DWTS over her. Still, Brandy has a bright future and the only things you about Bristol now are her getting plastic surgery and tattoos.

Updated On: 12/8/11 at 02:56 PM

degrassifan
#11CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 3:53pm

I think this is a wonderful idea! It will do well in my opinion.

beautywickedlover
#12CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:01pm

"This is a bad idea. Is there really an audience for this thing? Unless they get some major star to do it, I think this will be a short run."

Some fairy tale like shows have done well on Broadway. 'Beauty and the Beast' ran for over 5,400 performances on Broadway. 'Into the Woods' had a respectable run on Broadway in the 80's with 764 performances.

ETA: I'd like to see Alli Mauzey play Cinderella. She's played the character twice at the Nashville Symphony Orchestra concert and has a beautiful soprano voice. Updated On: 12/8/11 at 04:01 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#13CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:07pm

Some fairy tale like shows have done well on Broadway. 'Beauty and the Beast' ran for over 5,400 performances on Broadway. 'Into the Woods' had a respectable run on Broadway in the 80's with 764 performances.

This is not the Disney film version, which doesn't help its case. Into the Woods was a flop. Still a bad idea, unless they want Lady Gaga to play the carriage.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Jordan Catalano
#14CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:09pm

EL OH EL

Michael Bennett
#15CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:11pm

The show was done at City Opera a few years ago and was a colossal flop and I don't think a new book is going to make any difference. Its an expensive show and its time has come and gone.

If this were the Disney version being helmed by some visionary director, I MIGHT give you some chance of it being a slow success, but even then, honestly, I don't think young audiences today are interested in that. Broadway prices are too expensive.

Jordan Catalano
#16CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:14pm

I think if this were the Disney version it could do extremely well. There's no shortage of parents with little girls (and some little boys) who will spend as much as it takes to make them feel like princesses for a night.

beautywickedlover
#17CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:15pm

"This is not the Disney film version, which doesn't help its case."

I'm not talking about Disney. I'm talking about FAIRY TALE LIKE SHOWS aimed for children. I'm very well aware of the differnces between the Rodgers & Hammerstein's version and Walt Disney's version.

ETA: I perfer this version over Walt's version. The step family is not as cruel and abussive. There's no dark scenes in it like the palace guards chasing after Cinderella or having her mother's dress torn to shreds. Also, the Prince actually HAS a role.
Updated On: 12/8/11 at 04:15 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#18CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:22pm

I'm not talking about Disney. I'm talking about FAIRY TALE LIKE SHOWS aimed for children. I'm very well aware of the differnces between the Rogers & Hammerstein's version and Walt Disney's version.

It's Rodgers & Hammerstein, love - just so you are even more aware.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#19CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:23pm

People will still be asking each other why the cut Bibbity Bobbity Boo was cut.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Jordan Catalano
#20CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:24pm

I'm sure Beane will make a tongue in cheek reference to it in his new book.

beautywickedlover
#21CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:25pm

What I also like about this musical is that in two of televised versions there is an important lessons that the Fairy Godmother teachers Cinderella: it's dangerous to believe too much in good fairies and guardian angels. People get into the habit of leaning back on them and expecting them to do all the work for them They have to help themselves once in a while. After Cinderella gets her wish, she did everything else by herself and made the Prince lover her for who she truly was. In the 1997 version, the Godmother told Cinderella that she never really needed her help, she just thought she did.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#22CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:34pm

What I also like about this musical is that in two of televised versions there is an important lessons that the Fairy Godmother teachers Cinderella: it's dangerous to believe too much in good fairies and guardian angels.

Oh, they can use that in the poster!

"It's dangerous to believe too much in good fairies..."

Jordan Catalano
#23CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:36pm

Oooooh, girl. Miss Whitney only wishes she had a magic wand nowadays.

husk_charmer
#24CINDERELLA Aiming For '12 - '13 Broadway Run
Posted: 12/8/11 at 4:36pm

beautywickedlover-
You make the Godmother sound like Glinda. "You had it inside you all along, now just close your eyes..."

And honestly, that's TOTAL BS. Cinderella couldn't have gotten the Prince if she wasn't at the ball and she wouldn't have gotten to the ball without the Godmother.

I just don't know how they'll work it so that she rescues the prince. Unless he just changes the Faerie Tale Theatre "Princess and the Pea" plot to fit Cinderella.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer