ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#1ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/27/11 at 5:15pm

Hello, all!

So, I'm contemplating the notion of booking seats for ON A CLEAR DAY..., and was wondering if anyone who has seen it can help me. Where does the orchestra section start, at what row? Also, for this production, is the stage raised? Last time I was at the St. James, it was for FINIAN'S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
- M ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#2ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/29/11 at 1:01am

I'm not trying to be snarky or sarcastic at all when I say this, but the best seat for OACD is one out of the theater. I am sure people here will disagree, but I really did not like the show when I saw it. I'd definitely recommend Lysistrata over On a Clear Day.

But, I sat in the back side of the Orch when I saw On a Clear Day, and the seat was fine...

Be Well!

Updated On: 12/31/11 at 01:01 AM

BorisIgor
#2ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/29/11 at 11:03am

Loved the show! Music swells and beutiful story. Orchestra center or first couple of rows in mezz are fine

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#3ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/29/11 at 12:46pm

Haven't sat in the orc for oacd but for all other shows I've seen close in the st James the stage is very high. A few rows back in the orc is best. I loved the show!!

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

Emmaloucbway
#4ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/29/11 at 12:59pm

I just got tickets for today's performance. Row M. I saw Finian's at the St. James and I sat to the right and it was little off to the side. Didn't miss anything.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#5ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/29/11 at 1:02pm

The original could not have been as much of a mess as this one was . Add to that it had Barbara Harris and John Cullum instead of the embalmed Harry Connick Jr who I like .

Poster Emeritus

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#6ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/29/11 at 5:14pm

The last show I saw at the St. James I was in the 2nd row of the first Mezzanine -- great seat! Nice little theatre.

joanntom
#7ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/29/11 at 6:15pm

I sat towards the rear center orchestra and it was fine... We enjoyed the show. and the performances.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#8The Bodyguard
Posted: 12/29/11 at 6:43pm

Estuve viendo el show el último día de Heather y fué absolutamente brillante. Cabe destacar de este espectaculo su sencilla pero efectiva escenografía y también hace un papel fundamental la iluminación. He de decir que este show solo puede funcionar si tiene una "Rachel Marron" que sepa estar a la altura... ya que todo el show (o un 90% de la obra) va a cuestas de su protagonista.

Updated On: 11/13/13 at 06:43 PM

BorisIgor
#9ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/30/11 at 5:01pm

Maybe you should look at this week's figures. Word of mouth for OACD is getting stronger and so are the numbers.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
Posted: 12/30/11 at 5:36pm

Boris, hopefully the numbers will stay up but this is the holiday week. Just about everythingis doing well.

Just give the world Love.

Videos