bobbybaby85
#26Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 12:09pm

Updated On: 2/19/18 at 12:09 PM

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#27Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 12:14pm

I wish the show and cast well too with the run.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#28Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 12:19pm

Ill be there tonight! Can't wait!

Visceral_Fella
#29Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 1:13pm

I'll be there tonight as well! SO EXCITED!

iluvtheatertrash
#30Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 1:33pm

Come visit us at A DOLL'S LIFE down the block this weekend! We're just a block further. Do two flops in a day! :) /end shameless plug (don't hate me!) :)

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

bobbybaby85
#31Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 1:35pm

Updated On: 2/19/18 at 01:35 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#32Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 2:02pm

Sadly, no! We close on Sunday. It was a limited engagement. Next year is HENRY SWEET HENRY though! So, plan ahead for January/February!

Back to CARRIE.... :)

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

bobbybaby85
#33Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 2:48pm

Carrie Merch... Updated On: 2/19/18 at 02:48 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#34Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 2:52pm

I can't get over how much the logo looks like the Cats logo. Maybe it's just me.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#35Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 3:10pm

I like the logo as in the writing far better without the pic of Molly on

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

binau Profile Photo
binau
#36Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 3:17pm

Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC

I still think they should have added a red period Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC                                    :

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#37Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 3:22pm

Agreed!

I am in Row C on the isle if anyone wants to say Hi ;o)
Carrie 2012!

bwaylvsong
#38Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 3:25pm

I really hope this does well and makes Molly the star she deserves to be Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC

Famebroadway2
#39Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 8:20pm

Intermission report,

Show has really taken shape! The space is a little limiting, but Stafford has done some amazing things with the show.

The band is overpowering the cast at times. The new orchestrations are very contemporary rock! Some good, but weird sounding on the Carrie /Mother songs.

The cast is good and I am sure they will grow as the show progresses. I don't want to get 2 in depth with them yet, but I will say they are working really hard!

Great use of the space. Set is 8 chairs and a table but used very effectively! Special effects are good so far for the space.
Overall the show is in good shape. With some fine tuning it will only get better. I expect this to transfer ... Unless act 2 is a hot mess!

The songs are pretty much the same from the 2009 reading. I will post more after the show.

Famebroadway2
#40Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 8:25pm

Oh and the choreography reminds me a lot of Spring Awakening, especially with the chairs.

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#41Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 8:34pm

More about the special effects, please please please. Anything during the title song in the first act?

That was one of the major mistakes in the original production -- a story with a telekinetic central character kind of needs special effects... no?

Updated On: 1/31/12 at 08:34 PM

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#42Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:08pm

just ordered tickets for Sunday night!

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

binau Profile Photo
binau
#43Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:12pm

How can we expect special effects in this tiny off-broadway low-budget production?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 1/31/12 at 09:12 PM

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#44Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:14pm

^ Hmm. You don't think you can fly crap around a small stage for little money? Black wires aren't that expensive, really.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#45Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:16pm

I know that the first reading of the "revamp" called for a levitating bed and a murderous lightning bolt. I wonder if they've found simple ways to stage those, or if they've been replaced altogether.

Famebroadway2
#46Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:18pm

Ummmm there was NO BLOOD!!! There was no bucket of blud dumped on her? They just hit her with a red light!!! REALLY??? No blood! That killed what was otherwise a pretty good 2nd act.

The destruction is done with lights, sound and projection. it's off broadway so I can understand the limitations.

They had me up until the destruction. From then on needs some serious re-tooling!

More to come later

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#47Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:21pm

I can't wait to hear the full first preview report! Going on Sunday, February 12th!

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#48Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:24pm

Ummmm there was NO BLOOD!!! There was no bucket of blud dumped on her? They just hit her with a red light!!! REALLY??? No blood! That killed what was otherwise a pretty good 2nd act.

What?! No bucket of blood = No Carrie.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#49Less than a week until CARRIE comes back to NYC
Posted: 1/31/12 at 9:28pm

I'd have to agree, that, on principle, this is a huge misstep. Almost never would I jump on a creative choice when I haven't seen the show, but the pitiful trickling of blood in the original production was one of the biggest criticisms--and that's SAYING something! I understand that it's a technical challenge, but you can bet your ass that every paying customer is looking forward to seeing how that scene will be pulled off. Hitting her with a red light is one incredibly lazy idea. So, she doesn't have blood on her when she's wrecking the prom? She doesn't have blood on her when she comes home to Margaret? It's the most powerful image in both the novel and the film.

I hope the rest of the technical challenges were met with a little more creativity...

Videos