News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday

Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 9:44am

As much as I love football, as a Jets fan this years Super Bowl matchup is one that I don't wish to watch.

I have never gone to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday before. But, I was just wondering is it easier to get tickets or to rush some of the more crowded lottos due to the fact that there are going to be a lot of people watching the game? Could it be a little less crowded even then usual considering that the Giants are playing?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#2Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 10:18am

Yes and no.

There are certainly fewer tourists in Times Square, but the honest truth is that the majority of theatre fans don't care about football. (I am one of the few who does.)

Remember that most shows will only have a matinee today, and the Superbowl doesn't start until 6ish.

Might not be a bad time to try the Book of Mormon lottery though.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 10:43am

Truth be told I was thinking about trying the Book Of Mormon lotto. It seems that the people who would try for the Book Of Mormon lotto would also be watching the game as well.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 10:46am

I'm a huge football fan.

But, remember, this is now a social event regardless of what one feels about the game itself.

I suspect it will be less crowded by a very noticable difference.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#5Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 12:09pm

Dramamama, you're right in that this is a big social event. There are always lots of people who may not be into football, but do love the Super Bowl for other reasons, be it the commercials or the half time show or just the parties.

I personally love football, however, I hate the Giants and the Patriots with a passion. That is why I was thinking that this might be a good chance to see a show since the theatres would be less crowded.

theminutepast
#6Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 7:20pm

Interesting theory. I'd like to hear how it goes for you; maybe I'll try that next year.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#7Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 11:32pm

I can only speak for "W;t," which seems like it's an easy rush anyway, but I got to the box office at 11:30 and easily got rush tickets (great full-view seats in the front mezz). The theater was packed, though.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#8Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/5/12 at 11:49pm

I would imagine it would be a little less crowded. I was at the movies today and they were empty as was everywhere else I went. I am one of those people that could not care less about football... I watched my Jekyll and Hyde starring Hasselhoff DVD and just watched Madonna during half time. If I lived in NYC, I would definitely catch a show on Super Bowl Sunday Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Ejm105989 Profile Photo
Ejm105989
#9Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/6/12 at 12:24am

I saw Sister Act and the theatre was surprisingly full. However, the city was so dead, that it freaked me out a bit. The line for rush wasn't bad either.

MemorableUserName
#10Rushing/going to the theatre on Super Bowl Sunday
Posted: 2/9/24 at 9:47pm

I was wondering if Sunday might be a good day to rush and found this old thread. I don't know why I never considered it before. I can see the argument for there not being much overlap in audiences. The most recent comments are from 12 years ago. Any more recent experiences?

Videos