pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 3:26pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 2/5/2012 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

ChenoKahn Profile Photo
ChenoKahn
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 3:31pm

Great for Book Of Mormon!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 3:44pm

For the first time, Book of Mormon takes out both Wicked & Lion King to become the top grossing show for the week. Kudos to Porgy & Bess for keeping up it's good numbers. maybe it'll extend through the end of summer??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Ejm105989 Profile Photo
Ejm105989
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 4:52pm

Congrats to BOM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 4:58pm

Ouch for my favorite show, "Chicago." But I guess "Chicago" has weathered many similar winters before...right? from RC in Austin, Texas (visiting the Big A from March 10-13, 2012)

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 5:06pm

Still not looking too good for How to Succeed...

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 6:45pm

It wasn't long ago, that 'Book Of Mormon' was grossing $800k a week, we were saying on here if Mormon could make it to $1m a week. I wish I put money in the production when they asked me!!!

PlayItAgain
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 7:05pm

wow the fat certainly got trimmed, only 23 shows currently playing...

Jonwo
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 7:12pm

Book of Mormon continues to dominate although Wicked, Spider-Man and The Lion King are still doing great business. I think H2S will close once Nick Jonas' contract is up unless they can lure back Darren Criss for a longer run or another name for Finch.

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 7:20pm

I doubt they would bring back Darren. He was terrible. And he could never sustain a longer run than three weeks. They would need another huge star. Frankly I would love to see Stamos come back and play the role again. he was brilliant when he took over for Broderick. John Barrowman would be good as well.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 7:41pm

I doubt they would bring back Darren. He was terrible. And he could never sustain a longer run than three weeks. They would need another huge star. Frankly I would love to see Stamos come back and play the role again. he was brilliant when he took over for Broderick. John Barrowman would be good as well.

Why not rotate Stamos, Barrowman, Broderick and Morse? I mean, it's not that any of them are way too old to play the part anyhow...

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 7:56pm

Well I will presume that you were not serious about Moorse (now 80), and Broderick is visibly aging. And lets remember that Moorse was 30, Broderick was 33, and Stamos was 33. Stamos is now 48 and Barrowman 44. Stamos, and especially Barrowman read in their 30's. No way are they too old to play Finch.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 7:57pm

Stamos, and especially Barrowman read in their 30's.

Uh, you must be "reading" something different than I am.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 2/6/12 at 07:57 PM

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:02pm

How old do you think they read? Given of course that Barrowman reads younger that Stamos by a few years.

And if you want to go with a non-big name star, I would say offer the role to Christopher Hanke.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:05pm

If you think Stamos looks in his 30's, those were some really rough 30's.

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:09pm

If he is clean shaven. He doesn't look much older than he did when he did the show in 96. And this is stage after not camera work.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:12pm

I apologize, love. I suppose my imagination is underdeveloped. He looks old enough to play Biggley to me.

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:18pm

lol, he isn't thaaaaaat old. Actually if I could have a dream cast it would be Greg Jbara as Biggly and Christopher Henke as Finch. Joel Grey as Womper/Mr. Bratt and Niel Patrick Harris as Bud Frump. haha but that is just me dreaming

Updated On: 2/6/12 at 08:18 PM

Jonwo
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:23pm

Both Barrowman and Stamos are far too old to play Finch now, ideally they need someone in their 20s or early 30s.

PlayItAgain
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:47pm

oh i think you underestimate how much milage they could get out of bringing Darren back....

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 8:49pm

He sold tickets before he even took the stage because it was a limited run, so there was an immediate rush to get tickets. And based on the under-whelming performance he gave, and how the show sold the second half of Dan's run, and right now, bringing Darren back wouldn't be worth the money. Unless it would happen to be for another 3 week run before someone else took over again.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 9:48pm

Bobby Steggert for the WIN.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 10:25pm

They asked Elijah Wood to take over for Radcliffe, but Wood declined. I think that would have been great!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 11:07pm

Nick Jonas isn't selling tickets. There's no way that John Stamos (who couldn't sell tickets in Birdie or Nine) would fill the Hirschfield. Casting John Barrowman, Bobby Steggert, or Christopher Hanke would sell even fewer tickets.

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5
Posted: 2/6/12 at 11:15pm

However, with for example a Christopher Henke, the running costs would be considerably lower. So they could get away with 600-700k/week no problem. And Jonas' ticket sales will pick up in Mar ch.

Videos