Trayvon Martin

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#125Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 9:52pm

The attached link shows Zimmerman in police custody the night he murdered Trayvon Martin. Could someone please point out these alleged injuries to me?
Murderer

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Yawper
#126Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 10:04pm

back up a few posts - you're late to the party

on another point, this should put to rest the claims that Zimmerman wasn't even detained by police

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#127Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 10:04pm

MB - I linked to it above.

He has some healing powers, recovering so quickly from a gash and a broken nose.

Updated On: 3/28/12 at 10:04 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#128Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 10:07pm

His lawyer said the head injury was bad enough to require stiches...

There is nothing on his head, and no black eyes....

Smells like bull crap to me.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#129Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 10:08pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he woke up with massive black eyes (or a splitting headache) that scared him into going to a hospital the next day.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he woke up the next morning to discover that his nose had grown very long.

Trayvon Martin

Updated On: 3/28/12 at 10:08 PM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#130Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 10:14pm

I flicked on FoxNews a few minutes ago (my first mistake) and could not believe my ears. Sean Hannity and his panel were talking about the whole Trayvon media frenzy, and one of his contributers actually said -

"I think it is 100 percent the fault of Barack Obama. I think he will literally try anything to make the American people forget about 14 percent unemployment and $4 a gallon at the pumps. I can't wait to get a President who actually loves this country in November."

I'm sorry, but to use this situation as political spin is deplorable. I was sickened. That'll learn me to watch Fox.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#131Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 10:56pm

Sorry Yawper, head wounds even the most superficial tend to bleed profusely. Also the color red tends to bloom on even the cheapest video (I have been working in television since 73'). That video shows nary a scratch.
I am sure Trayon suffered bloating and a bluish hue the next morning as well.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 3/28/12 at 10:56 PM

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#132Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 11:17pm

I was about to say, a simple cut to the face/head can lead to profuse bleeding. At the very least the accounts of his side of the story made it appear that some bruising, scratches, or at least wounds that had been taken care of with bandages would be present. I remember having one of the most minor stitches to my chin as a kid. I remember I could no longer wear the shirt I had on again because the blood stained it for good no matter how many trips to the washer. For a guy from police station leaked descriptions to the Orlando Sentinel, it appears Zimmerman did not get curb stomped American History X style.

And for a guy who was was said to be all broken up by what he did, George Zimmerman looks coldly composed (not to mention did not appear to be a man who suffer a significant head injury), like this is just par for course. Given the fact he had 911 on speed-dial for every petty little thing, I should not be surprised.

Yawper
#133Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 11:28pm

Ya know, SNAFU, I really don't care one way or the other. There are groups out there now casting aspersions on the Special Prosecutor who was assigned to the case after the original one stepped aside, establishing a frame for the possibility of the findings not going their way.

At some point this will all be decided and hopefully then all the information used to reach that decision will come out. Believe me, this video tape will not be a major component of it.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#134Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 11:32pm

Believe you? Why should we believe you?

Yawper
#135Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 11:36pm

You can believe whoever you want - as you obviously do. But at some point all this comes to an end.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#136Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/28/12 at 11:39pm

I think honestly this case was mishandled from the begining. I also think this case will draw a spotlight to the Stand Your Ground Law and show it for what it eally is; a license to kill as long as there are no eyewitnesses.

I don't think Trayon was to blame for this. He might very well have stood his ground when accousted by this cop wanna be. But then we will never be able to here his side of the story now will we?

The 911 operator's suggestion was not a law inforcement request, but then niether was Zimmerman's approach and confronting the kid. Martin had no duty to answer to this rent a cop.
The only way this will be put to rest is to arraign Zimmerman and put him in front of a jury.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Yawper
#137Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 12:32am

Trayvon Martin

one fraction of a second when he's out from behind the ABC News graphic

YouWantitWhen????
#138Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 1:27am

Zimmerman's father has now added his voice to the fray.

And for what its worth, Shane Battier's head clearly is perfect if he wants to kill anyone in Florida and claim self defense. He even plays for the Miami Heat!

Trayvon Martin

Yawper
#139Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 1:38am

YWIW, that's one of the saddest, most desperate attempts I've ever encountered.

YouWantitWhen????
#140Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 2:06am

I am sorry it did not amuse you. But honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the still image you posted was of bald men I have seen with groves in the back of their heads.

From Zimmerman's description, as I mentioned above, I honestly expected to see a gash or more obvious injuries. And since he was treated by the EMT on the scene for whatever injuries he had, a bandage. I have no idea what is on the back of Zimmerman's head. Maybe it is a welt, Maybe it is moisture from the grass he supposedly fell on. Maybe it is nothing. But, if it was a gash and he was/had been bleeding, then where are the gloves on the cops?

There are a lot of sad things about this whole incident. I would hazard to guess if Zimmerman had it to do all over again, he would do things very differently. At least one hopes so.

So, call me desperate, call me sad, and call me skeptical of the police. All are true. I am desperate to know what really happened. I am sad that this even happened. And, based upon the information currently available, I am skeptical of the objectivity of the initial police investigation.

Updated On: 3/29/12 at 02:06 AM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#141Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 5:12am

Besides, if the head wound was, or had been bleeding, the police would be wearing rubber gloves....

Oh, wait...

They aren't.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#142Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 8:11am

Last night, in a television interview, the funeral director who handled Martin's funeral, Richard Kurtz of the Mizell and Kurtz Funeral Home in Fort Lauderdale, said there were no cuts or bruises on the teen's hands that would suggest a violent struggle or fight. "I didn’t see any evidence he had been fighting anybody."

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#143Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 9:23am

Matt Lauer interviewed Zimmerman's attorney this morning on the Today Show. When questioned about the tape, all the attorney said that it was grainy and hard to tell.

Matt what did you really want him to say?? "Yea, it doesn't appear that there are any bruises and blood." He's being paid to represent Zimmerman, so I highly doubt he was about to say anything derogatory about him.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 3/29/12 at 09:23 AM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#144Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 10:01am

Yawper, can't you understand why people are concerned about what happened in this case? How can you be so absolutely invested invested in Zimmerman's innocence and law enforcement's support for him even after it is clear that the only homicide detective at the scene was unconvinced by Zimmerman's narrative and we were lied to about the police having concluded that there was no probable cause? And the State's attorney who made the call not to arrest Zimmerman has since recused himself for a conflict of interest.

Hell, if there had been no probable cause for his arrest, what the hell is he doing in handcuffs in the video?

Why are you being an inveterate apologist for what is clearly a botched investigation af what indisputably started with a young unarmed man being followed for no reason at all and ended with his death?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#145Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 10:19am

"...a young unarmed man being followed for no reason at all..."

That's just not true, there absolutely was a reason. He was black, and he was in the wrong neighborhood.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#146Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 10:26am

Actually, madbrian, even if that were an excuse, half of the people who live in this complex are black. Unless of course I'm misinformed about that. There is so much misinformation on this case, I don't want to spread anything I've heard that might be false.

But I understand your point.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#147Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 10:27am

'a young unarmed man being followed for no reason'

That's really what it comes down to, isn't it? This was a young man who did nothing illegal who was being followed out of suspicion that he was up to no good. Because he was wearing a hoodie. In the rain. Really...because he was black. This young man, who was doing nothing wrong except being black and walking in the rain with his hoodie up, had a stranger call the police on him...because he was black. And, at that point, the man's job was done. Over. He needed to let the police handle the fact that this young man had done nothing wrong except be black and wear a hoodie. Ya know...a stop and frisk. Cause he's black. And that should have been the end of it.

And that is BAD ENOUGH.

But no. This vigilante had to ignore the advice of the person from the law enforcement agency and pursue this young man. This young black man who knew he was being followed by someone who was not the police. Who, one could imagine, felt intimidated by a stranger follwing him. And who, even if he did come after Zimmerman, would be well within his rights due to that odious Stand Your Ground law.

The fact is, none of this should have ever happened. It was the racial profiling of a law abiding citizen that led to that citizen's death. This never should have happened. And none of it is Trayvon Martin's fault. None of it. So whose fault is it? No one's?

Updated On: 3/29/12 at 10:27 AM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#148Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 10:43am

And there you have it!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#149Trayvon Martin
Posted: 3/29/12 at 10:56am

It's not because he was black! He was wearing a hoodie, he was suspended from school, and he played on the football team. Of course, Zimmerman probably didn't know anything about the suspension or the football, but he didn't have to because we know it now, so that makes it relevant. Martin was clearly planning to use iced tea and Skittles as a lethal weapon. It was obvious. Was Zimmerman supposed to just sit there and watch it happen? Why purchase and carry a gun if you're never going to use it?

And I thank the Conservatives for getting so angry about the media making this out to be a white guilt issue and crying reverse discrimination. Because until they started squealing about it, the issue hadn't been raised. Maybe because Zimmerman only LOOKS hispanic, but I'm not a Conservative, so I obviously can't make up all the answers. But kudos to the Conservatives for shedding some new light on this case that previously would have been ignored.

Hopefully, Zimmerman did take photos of his blackened eyes after his nose was broken. It would be a real shame to cry injuries and self defense and never take a single photo to prove it, but if he stood his ground, then we just need his word, so perhaps no proof is needed.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian