What is TRIASSIC PARQ?

caliphillips
#1What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/4/12 at 9:12am

What is Triassic Parq? Does anyone know? I LOVE Lindsay Nicole Chambers (totally Tony snubbed for Lysistrata).. but what is this show?

??

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#2What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/4/12 at 9:18am

It was at the Fringe Festival a couple years ago as JURASSIC PARQ, and I loved it then. It's Jurassic Park told from the dinosaurs' point of view, and it has a bit of SPRING AWAKENING in it.

In Jurassic Park, remember how they breed all the dinosaurs to be female so that they don't breed in the wild, and they fill in the missing DNA with frog DNA, and Jeff Goldblum says that some frogs have been none to switch genders in a single-sex environment, and they all laugh it off, but then they find a nest of eggs? It's all that, from the dinosaurs' point of view.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/4/12 at 9:19am

Link

....but the world goes 'round

DennySam222
#3What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/4/12 at 5:01pm

My friend is going to be in it. SO funny. I read the script with him. At least the audition version of the script, I don't know if they've changed it since then...

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#4What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 11:14am

I wrote about this on another thread, but it was really terrific at the Fringe Festival a few years ago.

I do think it's a shame that it's returning with a mostly new cast. The purpose of young actors doing the Fringe is that a miracle happens and their show transfers Off-Broadway.

Not sure if I'd see it again though. The Soho Playhouse is the least comfortable theater in New York City.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#5What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 11:46am

That's all-to-common with Fringe successes. Look at Urinetown.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#6What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 11:49am

Over half of the announced cast (4/7) were in the Fringe production (or, in Neumann's case, the Fringe Encores production, as she replaced the original T-Rex 2 when that actress couldn't stay for Encores). So. It's not actually a "mostly new cast" at this point.

DennySam222
#7What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 12:17pm

Yeah, it was my understanding it was mostly the original fringe cast in Triassic Parq. I know they shrunk the size of the cast though. I remember there being more actors when I saw it in the Fringe - like 10 or 11, so they probably shrunk it down.

That's the nature of the beast I guess.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 12:41pm

Yeah SoHo playhouse is an awful venue, especially for this show. I liked the staging at Fringe, but the Playhouse seems to be too narrow for this, but I guess it has that center aisle.

totesmgotes11
#9What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 12:48pm

Yeah, it's gonna be a challenge for sure. I love the location though. And maybe they'll do something cool with seats? They can Triassic Parq through the aisles or something. What is TRIASSIC PARQ?

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#10What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 6:46pm

You know, I think I assumed that there was just more cast to be announced. I didn't even consider the idea that they had just reduced it that much.

lachri5
#11What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 9:40pm

Found 4 songs from the show here: http://soundcloud.com/triassic-parq
It sounds really cute!

totesmgotes11
#12What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/6/12 at 11:08am

OMG I love the duet between the two girls!!!

#13What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/6/12 at 5:25pm

That sounds hilarious. :)

David

caliphillips
#14What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/6/12 at 9:29pm

I've been checking out the website www.triassicparq.com. I have no idea what to expect but I'm DEF gonna see it because it looks like wade McCollum is in it, who is also in Submissions Only. I love him on that show. (that body... Wow)

massofmen
#15What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/7/12 at 2:17am

Updated On: 5/7/12 at 02:17 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#16What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/7/12 at 6:42am

Lol, I have no idea what this about based on those songs, but it sounds like a blast.

....but the world goes 'round

totesmgotes11
#17What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/7/12 at 1:01pm

I found this review from Andrew/Andrew (NY DJs) on their website. It's funny, they were ready to pan it, then they said this...

http://www.triassicparq.com/reviews.html
andrewandrew

DennySam222
#18What is TRIASSIC PARQ?
Posted: 5/8/12 at 8:25pm

I saw this on the Off-Broadway site and thought I'd post it just cuz. It has more info if anyone is interested.

https://offbroadway.broadwayworld.com/printcolumn.php?id=374227

Videos