pixeltracker

Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage- Page 3

Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#50Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 5:49pm

Norbert DEFINITELY looks Jewish -- in that nebbishy sort of way. And yes, it's both a religion AND an ethnicity -- with very distinct characteristics....no, not everyone falls INTO those characteristics, but they are important here.

Additionally, its not BECAUSE Lea is Jewish, its because she looks/comes off as a very stereotypical JAP (Jewish American Princess) making it ridiculous to cast her in the role. (and it would make me ill.)

SO excited for this!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#51Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 7:13pm

I could see them selling about 10-50 tickets a night to non-subscribers. Wasn't the last off-broadway run virtually empty.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#52Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 7:16pm

No idea how the original off-broadway run went, but I think the show has gathered a following (even as far away as Australia) since then - as has Jason Robert Brown. So I think ticket sales might be a little easier for a second off-Broadway run now.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

AmeliaV82
#53Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 9:03pm

Joanna Gleason and William Hurt, from the horse's mouth.

Twitter

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#54Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 9:09pm

Don't get me wrong. I love Joanna Gleason more than almost any other living actress but, um.....

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#55Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 9:13pm

That Twitter account is not actually Joanna Gleason.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

AmeliaV82
#56Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 9:25pm

Well that was fast. It disappeared just a few minutes after I posted that. I'm not historically a mug when it comes to fake Twitter profiles, but that one was reasonable enough to convince me - and Betty Buckely it seems. It was her retweet of it that caught my attention. Very odd - makes me wonder why someone would go so far to seriously pretend to be Joanna Gleason.

Updated On: 5/30/12 at 09:25 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#57Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 9:25pm

Oh, thank God. LOL

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#58Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/30/12 at 9:59pm

Anneliese Van Der Pol would be the best. Also, Kate Wetherhead or Leslie Kritzer would be great.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#59Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 5/31/12 at 8:14am

No one has said anything about racism. SMH.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#60Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 6/2/12 at 2:51pm

Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage

Don't know about you guys, but this is the revival I've been waiting for... Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage

dexter3
#61Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 6/2/12 at 3:58pm

Last 5 years on broadway? I don't think that's what 2nd stage had in mind. It's perfect for an off-broadway runm, and it's perfect at their off-broadway theater.

I always thought they programmed DOGFIGHT so that if it had good reviews, it would transfer to Broadway the following season. Because it's one of the first shows to open in the new tony season, it would be perfectly aligned to transfer in the spring or even late fall.

random person 112
#62Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 6/2/12 at 9:53pm

Hilty for Cathy and Kazee for Jamie. I know it'd be a little raw but after watching a video of them doing a duet they work well as a dysfunctional couple. It mit have to limited, i guess it depends on Hiltys contract for Smash.

Said Duet. Updated On: 6/2/12 at 09:53 PM

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#63Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 6/2/12 at 10:13pm

Josh Young and Leslie Kritzer or Betsy Morgan or Raven Symone (obvi)

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

random person 112
#64Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 6/5/12 at 7:54am

Video of Hilty singing see i'm smiling. Sorry for the poor audio quality.

I challenge any of you to tell me why she's wrong for this.

Jon
#65Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 6/5/12 at 10:30am

JRB's enournmous ego will only be satisfied if he can direct, play the piano, play Jamie, design the set, lights and costumes, sell the tickets and usher.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#66Jason Robert Brown to Direct THE LAST FIVE YEARS at Second Stage
Posted: 6/5/12 at 11:10am

I think he would insist upon playing both parts. And writing all the reviews. Which would all be glowing raves.