True Blood Season 6

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#50True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 2:13pm

Yeah, Pam as Miss Kitty was kind of fun.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#51True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 2:14pm

Although two weeks with virtually no advancement whatsoever with Tara's storyline annoys me.

Reginald Tresilian
#52True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 2:31pm

I know. All she did was hiss at people and wreck the house. It's like they need to have her spayed.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#53True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 2:34pm

At least she spoke coherently, so I'm guessing her brain was repaired enough in the transformation. It seems right that Tara would never want to forgive Sookie and Lafayette for turning her into the one thing that everyone knows she wouldn't want to be.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#55True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 2:48pm

*rimshot*

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#56True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 2:56pm

Cute, but while Tara resents privilege and racism, she doesn't categorically hate white people. She hates vampires more than anything.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#57True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 3:02pm

I was kiddin', hooker.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#58True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 3:08pm

I loved Newlin's "yeah, bitch! uh huh!" dance around Jessica to get in the house.

They haven't disclosed who Newlin's maker is, right? Updated On: 6/18/12 at 03:08 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#59True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 6/18/12 at 3:36pm

I was kiddin', hooker.

Aw, hell nawh!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#60True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/4/12 at 1:05am

So where does everyone stand on this season? Is everyone but me over it? All in all, I've been digging it, if only for Vampire Tara.

So here's my take so far, in case anyone else is watching.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Pam's origin story. The madam stuff works, I suppose, but I was underwhelmed with what (at least to this point, I don't know if they are done with those flashbacks or not) finally got her to get Eric to turn her. I guess I couldn't decide if I thought she was genuinely sucidial or if she was just that sure Eric would make her.

On that note, I'm not sure I felt about Bill and Lorena turning up there. I was happy to make the involuntary groan I make every time Lorena appears, because I truly loved to hate her. And I thought she was gone for good, so that was a nice surprise. I do apprciate the parallels to that they are making to Pam's responsibility to Tara, and I hope that this gives Tara's character some redemption, because I've been Team Tara from episode one.

Blah blah blah shifters and weres. I wanted better for poor Debbie Pelt, so I'm gonna honor the actress who plays her and watch a movie she's in called "Cheesecake Casserole." Plus, she and I have the same birthday!

Blah blah blah faeries. Just keep the friggin werepanthers away.

I love the Authority and all their overwrought allegory. One of my favorite things about this show is the characters that are just apocryphally old, like Russell and Salome. And I love psuedo-religious nonsense so I'm all about anything the show wants to give me.

Speaking of Russell, I want more Denis O'Hare and I want him looking like his fine self again.

And it goes without saying that Jessica can do no wrong.

Updated On: 7/4/12 at 01:05 AM

ArtMan
#61True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/4/12 at 7:08am

Phyllis, I am finding this season to be quite boring. Other than the Tara storyline and scenes with Jessica, I tend to look at the clock to see how much longer before the episode is over. The Authority storyline and Terry/Iraq just doesn't interest me. The backstory of Pam and Eric was disapointing. If I was the writers, I would have taken advantage of the 1905 San Francisco time period. Around that time was the big earthquake, so I would have Pam dying from it and then Eric turning her. (Just my two cents).

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#62True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/4/12 at 9:36am

"...my favorite things about this show is the characters that are just apocryphally old, like Russell and Salome."

Me too, Phyllis. I loved that they brought someone like Salome into the story. And it makes me wonder who Russell really is. Isn't he supposed to be 2000 years old? But the name Russell, as far as I can tell, is only about 1000 years old. So what is his real name? And who is he? Jebus? The repeated rising from the dead stuff can't be ignored!

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 7/4/12 at 09:36 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#63True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/4/12 at 10:50am

I think he's closer to 3000. It would be totally awesome - as would the outrage it would inspire - if he was really Jesus.

ArtMan, I'm not really keen on the Terry storyline either. I tend to block that whole story out completely when I'm thinking back on the season thus far. Terry, the weres, shifters, etc and the fairy stuff are all just the things I put up with to see the vampires.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#64True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/4/12 at 11:07am

I hate myself for saying this, but I missed Steve Newlin in this episode. I kinda love Vampire Steve, and I really want to know who his maker is, since the story he gave Jason was such BS.

I'm glad Bill and Eric are back in town, but Eric released Pam? Really?

I concur that I want Russell back, because Denis does such a great job with the character. I am tired of the Authority. It too much is like the Volturi (they even share an actor!) and there are too many scenes that do not have the regular True Blood characters.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#65True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/4/12 at 11:19am

I felt like Eric releasing Pam was more symbolic than anything, since if he thinks he's going to die, she'd be released anyway, right?

I love Vampire Steve, too.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#66True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/5/12 at 3:49am

Aside from missing Steve as well, I thought this was the best episode of the season--things finally seemed to have a direction (I've enjoyed the earlier ones, but it seemed to be going nowhere--something that has happened to TB in the past).

With the very unsurprising news that it's been picked up for a 6th season, I wonder if there'll be a noticeable change in the writing without Alan Ball at the helm.

Reginald Tresilian
#67True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/6/12 at 1:50pm

Am I the only one who thinks it silly that you can kill a vampire with a tanning bed?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#68True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/6/12 at 1:53pm

I think tanning beds altogether are silly, but if they use the same ultraviolet rays/light that the sun emits and the Authority uses on the cells, then it makes sense.

Updated On: 7/6/12 at 01:53 PM

Reginald Tresilian
Phyllis Rogers Stone
#70True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/9/12 at 1:10am

I love Vampire Tara. That scene she had with Jessica made my night.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#71True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/9/12 at 1:28am

Big girlfight next week!

Still no Steve, but I'm glad that Denis O'Hare is truly back.

I literally record the episodes just so I can skip past some army/shifter scenes. Now there's a smoke monster? And I just don't know about Hoyt anymore.

Updated On: 7/9/12 at 01:28 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#72True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/9/12 at 1:53am

Not two minutes before it happened, I thought, "Gee, it would be great if Luna could get a bullet, too." Poor Sam, but he'll probably live. I hope Luna bites it, though. I'm over all of that.

I'm pretty over the smoke monster, too. And the Jesus wtf-ery.

I didn't like Tara and Jessica scuffling at the end, though. Tara needs someone in her corner.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#73True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/9/12 at 2:01am

The sewed-up Jesus head freaked me out. Especially when Lafayette's mom saw it in her room.

I thought it was a little cheesy when Emma turned into a wolf pup to run off from the Obama-mask wearing shooters. Seriously, can we just get back to normal vampires?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#74True Blood was totally better than the Tonys, right? (Spoilers within)
Posted: 7/9/12 at 2:07am

I hope Emma runs away and is forgotten.