Disney's 'Frozen'

luvbrdway
#350Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 9:12pm

Just got back from FINALLY seeing this show. Really loved it. That's not Idina singing the credits. Who is it, and why? Will that be the "single" released for radio play?

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#351Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 9:20pm

It's Demi Lovato, and unfortunately that is the single they released for radio play. This follows the tradition of Disney getting pop singers to cover the 'big song' from the movie, ala Christina Aguilera doing 'Reflection' from Mulan, Celine Dion doing the title song from Beauty and the Beast, and so forth.

Updated On: 1/1/14 at 09:20 PM

luvbrdway
#352Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 9:30pm

Well, that's unfortunate. Guess they needed a "name" for the single? I remember watching Enchanted and wondering why they didn't have Idina sing the big song. Can't remember who did sing it, or even the song, but thought it was strange to have this fantastic singer in the movie and not have her sing the "theme" song.

#353Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 11:07pm

Carrie Underwood sang the "big finale song," which was called "Ever Ever After" or something along those lines.

OperaBwayLover
#354Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 12:28am

They didn't have Idina sing at all in Enchanted. I remember quite a few posters here were perplexed and upset about that.

JohnyBroadway
#355Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 12:45am

Idina and James Marsden were supposed to sing a cut song called Enchanted which was to open the film. However the prologue was shortened.

broadwayfever
#356Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 1:41am

Idina sang the main song "Let it Go" in the movie. Here's the entire sequence with Idina (Elsa): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

luvbrdway
#357Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 5:18pm

So, who will be asked to sing at the Academy Awards? It is sure to be nominated. Unfortunately, probably Demi. Autotune microphones will be needed.

jets
#359Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 6:28pm

I think it will be Menzel for two reasons- Her version is the showstopper in the movie & her version is outselling the other on itunes.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#360Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 6:52pm

Would Menzel be able to perform at the Oscars on March 2 if IF/THEN begins Broadway previews on March 5?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#361Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 7:06pm

Would Menzel be able to perform at the Oscars on March 2 if IF/THEN begins Broadway previews on March 5?

Why wouldn't she? Unless she's planning to travel by horse.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#362Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 7:12pm

I just wasn't sure if a performance at the Academy Awards would infringe upon her rehearsals/tech for a new musical. I would imagine having the star absent days before the first public NYC performance would be less than ideal, but I apologize if that's an ignorant thought.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#363Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 7:16pm

She'll be fine :)

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#364Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 8:37pm

It is perfect.

delongpre
#365Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 8:59pm

I totally agree about Let It Go and Defying Gravity. In fact, I am shocked that so few mentions of the Wicked connection have been made here. The film overall felt like Wicked on Ice, especially hearing Idina's voice saying the Elsa lines to the Anna/Galinda. The relationships, the misunderstandings, so many other plot points. And it made me love the film that much more.

OperaBwayLover
#366Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/2/14 at 9:21pm

One of my favorite online shows discussed that in great detail, how similar it was to Wicked and the difference in Disney music now and then. Here's the link if you want to watch:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/sibling-rivalry/41519-sibling-rivalry-frozen

And not to brag or anything, but my five year old niece noticed the Wicked connection to an extent. My sister's been playing "Let It Go" for her quite a bit, and one day recently they were both in the car and she put on the Wicked OBCR. "Defying Gravity" came on, and my niece got all excited and said, "hey, that's the lady from Frozen!"

#367Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 12:10am

Why would Idina not sing it? I don't recall the pop singers performing at the Oscars for past Disney nominated songs, although I recall the Enchanted songs being sung by several people not in the film.

JohnyBroadway
#368Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 12:48am

Amy Adams sang The happy working song, and then Kristen Chenoweth made a special appearance and sang That's how you know. I did find it strange that Amy didn't sing both.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#369Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 2:40am

i saw it tonight, and liked it a lot. Felt like the songs were kind of "eh." The rhymes were all really obvious, and the melodies weren't that strong. But I liked the story and found it interesting. I don't fit like Idina's voice really fit her character.

And I doubt they'd need Idina there for tech/rehearsal. They could just use her u/s.

broadwayfever
#370Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 5:33am

Here's a great video of Kristin and Robert talking about the creative process behind the Frozen music...along with an actual live demonstration. It's a must see and make sure you see it through to the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzZ77n4Ab5E

broadwayfever
#371Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 6:11am

Frozen's "Love is an Open Door" has parts that sound just like "Secondary Characters" from Title of the Show. Especially starting at the 1:00 marks for both songs...take a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_zbeZ2Mdic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MLYS7kKmk

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#372Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 6:26am

Demi Lovato has quite a good voice.

"Vocal Type: Mezzo-Soprano
Vocal Range: 3 Octaves Eb3-Eb6
Vocal Strengths: Wide range in chest voice (up to A5 live) and strong vocal endurance- an overall top-echelon belter.Uncanny ability to emote and in possession of a unique, slightly raspy tone when singing in her mid-range. The voice is incredibly versatile, being able to sing various genres from rock to balladry to Broadway to R & B.

Her melismatic control used to be a negative aspect of the voice, but is now a strength. Contrasting old and new live performances reveal just how much she's improved. What used to sound incredibly messy and uncontrolled is now clean, precise and musical. Experience has turned a con into a positive."

Divas & Vocal Ranges

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 1/3/14 at 06:26 AM

beautywickedlover
#373Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 1:24pm

An attraction at EPCOT's Norway Pavilion might be happening around 2014/2015.

FROZEN-Themed Attraction Heading to EPCOT's Norway Pavillion?

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#374Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 3:10pm

Totally called that. And thank goodness, I am not a fan of Maelstrom at all.

Colle
#375Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/3/14 at 5:10pm

I do hope Idina does get to sing at the Oscars, assuming "Let It Go" and other songs are nominated, because I like it when Disney is able to get the actors to sing in their movies to preform at the Oscars (just my personal preference).