Once tickets help

mariodelagarza Profile Photo
mariodelagarza
#1Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 2:19pm

Are the partial view tickets for Once a bad option? I'm buying my tickets for October and these are my options:

-Left orchestra, row B, PARTIAL VIEW, $136.00
-Center orchestra, row P, $150.00
-Left mezzanine, row E, $110.00

What do you think? Thanks for your help

tamra2
#2Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 2:47pm

just in my own personal opinion I would opt for either of the 2 non-partial view ticket options. I feel tat pric is much too high for a partial view. I have only seen the show once and it was in the center of the mezz about 5 rows back. I normally prefer seats as close as possible but I actually enjoyed my view from up there. I do not know off hand what row the mezz hangs over in the orchestra but I would look that help to help you decide

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#2Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 2:49pm

Just FYI (some people like to know these things) - Steve Kazee will not be there Oct. 1-8

mariodelagarza
#3Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 3:39pm

Once tickets help

Thank you SO much for your help. Still haven't decided. Front Mezzanine Row A Overhangs Orchestra Row I, let me show you my options with an image.

Thank you again!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#4Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 4:14pm

I would go with Mezz E 5-7. It's a great view with no obstructions. I think you'll feel a lot closer than in Orch O and P. And I wouldn't do partial view for this show.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#5Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 4:20pm

I'd go with the Mezz. People from the mezz (sounds like a scary movie) are allowed to go to the pre-show then head back afterward, right?

The views, partial views, and a lack of view from Once seating are also discussed here, for some perspective

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1049471#4318359
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1045175#4274228

Updated On: 8/28/12 at 04:20 PM

mariodelagarza
#6Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 4:30pm

Thank you so much tamra2, defyinggravity11 and Wynbish. You guys rock! I think I'm going with the mezz.

Do Cristin and Steve perform on saturday matinees?

Thank you :)

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#7Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 4:51pm

Usually. Steve even used to do Saturday Intermission Pics during matinees.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#8Once tickets help
Posted: 8/28/12 at 6:00pm

I sat in row O or so of the right orchestra, about 5 seats off the aisle, and I felt VERY disconnected with the show. It seemed so far away from back there. Also, the patrons around me were incredibly loud with their talking, snacking, and ice cube rattling. I'm sure you wouldn't necessarily get that same problem in that section, but it just added to the problem and made for a pretty poor night at the theater. I'd highly suggest front mezz or front of rear mezz if looking for an affordable option.

mariodelagarza
#9Once tickets help
Posted: 8/29/12 at 2:13am

Once tickets help

Sorry to bother you again, these are my last two options, what do you think?

-Right orchestra row J $150
-Left mezz row E $110

Thank you and sorry to bother again :)

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#10Once tickets help
Posted: 8/29/12 at 10:00am

^ In this case, I would tend to go with the pair in the orch. If you're willing to spend the extra $40, go for it!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#11Once tickets help
Posted: 8/29/12 at 10:02am

I'd suggest the orchestra pair, if you're willing to pay $40 more than the rear mezz pair.

mariodelagarza
#12Once tickets help
Posted: 8/29/12 at 11:07am

Bought the right orchestra tickets. Thank you SOOOO much for your help, you guys are awesome :)

tamra2
#13Once tickets help
Posted: 8/29/12 at 12:20pm

no worries, enjoy!

Videos