pixeltracker

2012 Broadway Flea Market Thread- Page 3

2012 Broadway Flea Market Thread

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#502012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/21/12 at 9:10am

DivaBrigader, you have been incredibly helpful! I'm coming into the city from PA this is my first year and I'm taking my sister with me, so any guidance has been much appreciated! We've seen a lot of shows this season so we're looking to start a new tradition! I've heard nothing but amazing things about the event! We're so excited! Thanks again!

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#512012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/21/12 at 9:28am

I realized I have another question, hopefully the last! How does the silent auction work when it's done online and moved to the live event. I get they do it every half hour with new items, but what's the process, like signing a paper or actual bidding auction style?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#522012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/21/12 at 9:38am

I think 1pm is a little excessive. Remember, the majority of people at the tables, the general public is not going to care about. And you also run into people waiting for the 1pm line.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#532012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/21/12 at 9:46am

I was thinking that Marianne, then I remembered how my friend got in line for the 12:00 table at around 12:30 last year and just missed it.

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#542012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/21/12 at 5:31pm

Also TKTS has a buy 5 chances thing for $20. You can win two tickets for Broadway shows (and off Broadway). They run other out later in the afternoon, so if you want to do this, be early.

f13overture Profile Photo
f13overture
#552012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/21/12 at 7:00pm

If somebody gets a chance, can you ask Rebecca Luker when she's coming back to broadway?

grumpyoptimist
#562012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 10:08am

Philly, last year they would "close" the silent auction (clipboards and sign up), then announce what the high bid was so far and see if they could do better. If there isn't much activity on the sheet for an item (one item last year I was one of two people who put in bids), they'll close it pretty quickly. If there was a lot of activity, they may try to sell a bit harder to see if they can get people in a bidding war (I unfortunately got caught up in a couple of these). And for a few things (and you just so happen to never be able to tell which items), they may have a DUPLICATE...for instance, last year I lost out on bidding for a signed picture of the marquee for Motherf**ker, they sold it to the guy who outbid me, then offered me the duplicate at my last highest bid. Hope that helps...

Dollypop
#572012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 1:48pm

So excited to be able to attend this year! I'm bringing Elizabeth and we're seeing THE FANTASTICKS (her new favorite show) again afterwards.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

fpcinnyc2
#582012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 6:49pm

One clarification about the Autograph Table & Photo Booth. It runs from 11 am – 3 pm. Every hour a new crop of your celebrities are available. For a minimum donation, you can either line up for autographs from everyone that hour or for a photo with one celebrity (which comes with a frame they’ll sign). It’s not possible to do both the autograph table and the photo booth in the same hour, so you’ll need to pick one or the other.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#592012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 6:57pm

Dollypop, I'm sure there's a "No evil spawn of Satan Child" rule so you'll have to leave that demon behind or at least put her in a muzzle and a leash.

Jordan Catalano
#602012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 7:23pm

Does anyone know where to find info about the playwrights table and who will be there this year?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#612012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 7:27pm

Has anyone found a map of where the tables will be set up? I looked and couldn't find one.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#622012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 7:31pm

Jordan, if you're on twitter, you could ask them: @PHNYC

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Jordan Catalano
#632012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 7:44pm

I'm not in twitter but I'll look them up snd hopefully they'll say something about it.
Thanks for that!

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#642012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 8:27pm

BC/EFA tweeted that they would be hosting the maps on their website and FB but I don't see them up there yet either.

When did it change about not being able to do both simultaneously? I've done it in the past with a volunteer from BC/EFA holding my spot in the autograph line while I waited for my photo. But I have not done the autograph line in awhile so perhaps this is new info.

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#652012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 9:23pm

I wants to go.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

theatreesq
#662012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 9:27pm

David Henry Hwang is scheduled to be at the Dramatists Guild table at 1pm and David Auburn is scheduled to be there at 2.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#672012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 9:34pm

They finally put the maps up on the website.

44th Street:
http://archive.broadwaycares.org/images/events/FM2012/FM12_44th_Info-Web-Group_Map_Vertical.pdf

Times Square:

http://archive.broadwaycares.org/images/events/FM2012/FM12_45th-46th_Info-Web-Group_Map.pdf

Jordan Catalano
#682012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 9:42pm

theatreesq, is there a full list or are they the only ones?
Thanks!

theatreesq
#692012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 9:43pm

The only ones I've heard!

Jordan Catalano
#702012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 10:00pm

I'm really hoping Edward Albee is there again this year.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#712012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 10:01pm

Edward Albee... I pray.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#722012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 10:58pm

This will be my first year going to the flea. What are the best booths to hit early for the better deals? I would probably be most interested in merch for shows that have closed. Is this something that's fairly inexpensive?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#732012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 11:24pm

It really varies. I don't think there is a specific table for just that stuff. Well, Memphis is closed now and they have a table. Prices also vary. I think prices might be cheaper if it's stuff that is left over.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#742012 Broadway Flea Market Thread
Posted: 9/22/12 at 11:36pm

What is the booth called with all the playbills? :)