pixeltracker

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart- Page 18

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart

nasty_khakis
#425DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/10/13 at 6:16pm

HA! That explains Betsy's comment about vote for Jasper for a lover. It sounds great and unexpected. I'm sure the audience went insane.

I'm so upset I'll probably never see it even if I went back every show. lol

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#426DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/10/13 at 6:19pm

The audience definitely went nuts, Jessie Mueller's face when Jasper won the male lover vote was priceless. There seemed to be a school group or something in the mezz who cheered VERY loudly for Will throughout the show, so I'm guessing that was what did it? I've never seen him get anything but booed before.

A fun show in general, Betsy gave a hilarious final confession, sad to see her go.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#427DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/10/13 at 8:40pm

Oh! And let me just say Janine DiVita was lovely as Drood, very funny and she has a great voice in her own right. Really enjoyed her.

Kbradstein
#428DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/10/13 at 9:59pm

im going to closing and whoever on this board reads this- on closing durdles must be the murderer and the jasper-helena lover combination must happen again!!

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#429DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/10/13 at 11:24pm

Oh man, that sounds AMAZING. The One and only time I got to see the show (I live in San Francisco, so going multiple times is...impractical), Durdles was the Murderer. I felt a little gyped at the time, because his confession is shorter and sillier than some of the others, but now that I know it's only happened twice, I feel like I got something special out of the deal.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#430DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/11/13 at 1:42pm

That's what great about the show, there are so many fun special endings that don't happen a lot, so when you catch them, it's definitely unique. I can't say I've ever not enjoyed an ending, though I do find the Reverend's confession baffling, to say the least. Gregg Edelman plays it for all it's worth, but the lyrics themselves are odd and his reason for murder is weirder (and not, IMO, in a zany comical way).

Did anyone else catch Betsy's last show? Also, I know Rosa/Jasper and Helena/Jasper have been discussed...can anyone shed some light on Puffer/Jasper? SO curious.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#431DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/11/13 at 7:34pm

What is Rosa/Jaspar? has that ever happened?

Fred Casely
#432DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/11/13 at 8:50pm

I was there yesterday. It was my first time seeing any production of this show and I had no idea it was Andy and Betsy's last performance. Will was telling everyone before the show to "vote for Victor -- he's one of the twins" and Andy Karl was definitely thrilled to be Datcherly. Betsy was mugging like hell to be selected as murderer, too. I feel like I've got to get back to see it again! BTW -- I got 4th row center at the TKTS booth at noon yesterday.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#433DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/12/13 at 10:51am

I didn't notice Will saying that, that's so funny! Honestly, I was thrilled Andy got to play Datchery and that Betsy got to be the murderess once more, but I have to say that Jasper/Helena really did pull a lotttt of my focus. IMO, the funniest lovers' ending I've seen, though Neville/Helena is a very close 2nd.

I believe Helena's speech to him in the beginning goes something like: "Oh, Mr. Jasper. You tried to ruin my brother and my bosom friend Rosa, and your own nephew. You are a mad man. A would-be murderer! And a musician who ignores all the rules of counterpoint! In short, Mr. Jasper, you are the most fascinatingly attractive man I have met since coming to this city. I offer myself to you without a smattering of shame!"

And...yeah. It sort of goes from there.

broadwaybabe1234 Profile Photo
broadwaybabe1234
#434DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/12/13 at 9:17pm

This is the tally of murders so far: (give or take with a margin of error)

Rosa:36
puffer:20
Helena: 16
Chrisparkle: 15
Bazzard: 9
Neville: 8
durdles:2

[believe]

notzach
#435DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/12/13 at 9:33pm

My count was:

Rosa: 50
Puffer: 25
Helena: 19
Crisparkle: 15
Bazzard: 10
Neville: 9
Durdles: 2

I was at Betsy and Andy's last show on Sunday and by far it is my favorite performance of this production that I've seen. Andy's Datchery wasn't really anything special, but the excitement of finally getting to see him do it made it sort of thrilling. He had one minor slip up but got himself right back on track. Betsy's confession on Sunday was also by far my favorite performance of the song that I've seen her give, she sang it just as well as she always has, but added a lot of extra little humorous moments. Jasper and Helena as the lovers is absolutely the funniest pairing I've seen, closely followed by Helena and Bazzard. The energy from the audience the whole time was really incredible and made for an exciting and hilarious show, a great sendoff for Betsy and Andy.

Kbradstein
#436DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 10:45pm

anyone been lately?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#437DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 10:55pm

Wednesday 2/13 Mat
Datchery: Bazzard
Murderer: Rosa Bud
Lovers:?

Wednesday 2/13 Eve
Murderer: Rev. Crisparkle
Lovers: Princess Puffer/ Deputy

Thursday 2/14 Eve
Murderer: Helena Landless
Lovers: Princess Puffer/ Durdles

Friday 2/15 Eve
Murderer: Rosa Bud
Lovers: ?

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#438DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 10:56pm

Thanks for the new results. Has anyone seen Erin Davie's confession? How is she?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#439DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 11:04pm

According to Eric Sciotto's tweet, Helena and Neville were lovers tonight. Not sure about the rest of the day's results.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#440DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 11:09pm

I was there on Wednesday evening (2/13) and I'm shocked to see that Rosa has won so many times! I purposely did not look at this thread before seeing the show. Puffer got second place, but Crisparkle won by a substantial amount. Janine DiVita was wonderful as Rosa, but is Rosa usually played where it's likely she's the killer? If I recall, Rosa wasn't even in the top three on Wednesday! She was, however, close to being Datchery.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#441DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 11:13pm

^ Because Rosa was murderer at the matinee (even though it was Erin) Janine was placed in the #1 spot which usually gets voted the least.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#442DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 11:14pm

The way Betsy Wolfe played Rosa was very over-the-top and campy and she added a lot of small touches that pushed it in that direction. For example, she used to play with the knives on the table during No Good Can Come From Bad, and she played Rosa's hatred of Jasper really convincingly and to great comedic effect. In addition to that, she campaigned for votes before the show very well and always put on a performance during the voting. So...yes, the short answer is that she was played that way and that's part of why she wins so often. I think also in general people like seeing the innocent, sweet ingenue lose it.

I don't know how Janine plays Rosa, but since Rosa won at the Wednesday mat, she presumably had the #1 spot on Wednesday night? Very hard to get a lot of votes in that spot, they do it so people don't win twice in a row.

Edit: Yes, as wdwsaid, the #1 spot is tough. People haven't gotten the hang of voting yet, it all happens very fast, by the time people are situated and paying attention, they're usually at #3 or more. I noticed when I went the winners were usually #4-6.

Updated On: 2/16/13 at 11:14 PM

Wishing Only Wounds
#443DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/16/13 at 11:59pm

I'm sorry, the #1 spot? I haven't read the whole thread, so I could be missing something... do they change the order each performance? Rosa was the first "candidate," if that's what you both mean.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#444DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/17/13 at 12:06am

Meaning their number in the voting for murderer. The person with the #1 placard.

Wishing Only Wounds
#445DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/17/13 at 12:10am

Thanks! I get it; I'm just shocked they change the order each performance. I'm in awe of how much goes into this show...I'm really going to try to see it again.

ghostlight2
#446DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/17/13 at 1:06am

Tonight: Rosabud /murderer
Datchery/Bazzard
Lovers/Landlesses

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#447DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/17/13 at 1:47am

Wishing -- Yes, the above info is correct, the #1 spot seldom garners many votes, so they mix up the standing order to mix up the results. The libretto goes into quite a bit detail on how to run all the voting sequences. Really interesting reading.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

lenstersf
#448DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/17/13 at 1:17pm

I watched this last night, and it was truly an incredibly fun show. I honestly wasn't going to watch this, but decided to after reading so many positive things from people on this board. SO glad I did. Cast was brilliant. Set was amazing. Kind of wish I was seated in the front row orchestra.

Helena and Neville were voted as lovers, and I noticed that Chita seemed particularly excited watching Andrew Samonsky during their love song. I know this wasn't the first time the siblings were paired up, but it was the first time for Andrew. Very funny...wish I could go again before it closes.

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#449DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/17/13 at 1:28pm

The night I saw the show, Durdles (the previous night's murderer) was in the #3 spot, not #1, which seems to be the position where the previous murderer is usually placed. John Jasper was #1 and received the 2nd most votes. Rosa Bud was #7, the last spot, and won.

Latest Posts