scandalous how much longer...

Gmerchant123 Profile Photo
Gmerchant123
#1scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/14/12 at 1:19pm

I saw the show last week and felt as if I was watching leap of faith, I'm not for broadway shows closing but this one needs to, the Neil Simon is amazing theatre and is a hard to get venue, how much longer til the show closes,guesses...

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#2scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/14/12 at 1:21pm

It will probably run as long as their money holds out. But if I had to make a prediction, I would say it will close on Sunday.

MimiJudith Profile Photo
MimiJudith
#2scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/14/12 at 1:21pm

I predict it will never actually open (given the sudden cancellation of both Wednesday performances). Would it be better for them to never open at all or to open and then just close a few days later?

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#3scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/14/12 at 1:25pm

They will get reviewed whether they open officially or not. The only thing that could save this production are good reviews. Sans that, they will have to close.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#4scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/14/12 at 4:00pm

I don't think good reviews could save this production. Although I have been following Broadway grosses only for a short amount of time (i.e. the last 4 years or so), it's rare for a musical to be such a financial failure as SCANDALOUS (gross wise). LEAP OF FAITH is another example that comes to mind. With a ticket price below $30 and attendance close to 50%, SCANDALOUS can barely get anyone to pay for tickets. It is a complete bomb.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 11/14/12 at 04:00 PM

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#5scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/14/12 at 4:05pm

I didn't mean to imply that good reviews would solve this production's problems. I meant they would be the only thing that could keep the show running longer. And for the record, I think favorable notices for this show are highly unlikely.

GleekOut Profile Photo
GleekOut
#6scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 4:34pm

I think it will close before Thansgiving.

Hi! I'm Zach. I'm 13 years old, and love the theatre. I live on the outskirts of NYC, and pop in to catch about 1 or 2 shows per month.

Rainbowhigh23
#7scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 4:48pm

I am going to order the last row tickets for Friday - anyone want to join me?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#8scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 4:56pm

all depends on how much $$$ KLG is willing to keep dumping into this. I don't think she'll have it close by Sunday just out of spite. we may see this run through New Year's if KLG has it her way.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#9scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 5:02pm

Is KLG a producer?

Scandalous will be produced by Dick & Betsy DeVos, Foursquare Foundation and Jeffrey Finn (executive producer), in association with The 5th Avenue Theatre.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#10scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 5:06pm

I would be willing to bet KLG put money in herself. You don't have to be a "producer" to be an investor. And in the "old days" investors usually did not get a producing credit just for putting in money, as they do today.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#11scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 5:17pm

Dick DeVos seems an interesting person.

Just a couple of things on wikipedia. He is against embryonic stem cell research and abortion without exceptions and favors overturning Roe Vs Wade.

Gave 29 million in arts funding to the Kennedy Center for the Arts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_DeVos

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#12scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 5:27pm

I had no idea the Devos' were producing this show. If that's the case, this show could stay open a lot longer than I expected, b/c that family has so much money to burn. They practically own my Hometown of Grand Rapids and founded Amway/Alticor. Huge supporters of the Arts, but HUGE republicans.

massofmen
#13scandalous how much longer...
Posted: 11/15/12 at 5:35pm

Updated On: 11/15/12 at 05:35 PM