pixeltracker

Bring "London Road" to Broadway?

Bring "London Road" to Broadway?

karmachameleon2
#1Bring "London Road" to Broadway?
Posted: 11/18/12 at 5:12pm

I originally posted here, but it was buried beyond recognition, so I'll try again:

http://www.change.org/petitions/alecky-blythe-adam-cork-and-rufus-norris-bring-london-road-to-broadway-theatres#supporters

Again, I do not work for the production.

karmachameleon2
#2Bring
Posted: 11/18/12 at 5:13pm

And ignore the posting twice. Not spamming, just computer's acting all wonky.

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#2Bring
Posted: 11/18/12 at 5:20pm

It's buried until someone replies to it. Expect these two new threads to be deleted, most likely.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#3Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 2:14am

I recently ordered the cast recording of the National Theatre's production and I cannot stop listening to it. It is mesmerizing. The freshest thing I've heard in years. Has anyone heard anything about it coming to Broadway?

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#4Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 2:39am

It did quite well at the National theatre, but there is no way it will come to Broadway. It involves an incident most Americans have never even heard of, and it didn't even do well enough at the National to warrant a west end or even off-west end transfer. I love the score, but it just won't happen.

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 3:08am

Where can I find the recording? Can't find it on Amazon.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#6Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 5:19am

Canada Stage did a production in Toronto last Jan that was a huge success with critics and audiences, despite few Canadians knowing the true story. That said it was only a month long engagement--I could see maybe a short run Off-Broadway, but Broadway?

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#8Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 4:18pm

Anyone who's lived in an area where a serial killer is on the loose can relate to this show.

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#9Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 6:42pm

Ripped Man, the only way to get the cast recording is through the National Theatre shop.
BTW there is a film adaptation planned for this show in 2015 or 2016
Story

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#10Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 9:11pm

I got it here:

https://www.footlight.com/product.cfm?product_id=39812

PS: I'd not heard of the murders and find the recording absolutely riveting.
Updated On: 4/2/14 at 09:11 PM

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#11Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 9:13pm

Wow, that is expensive. The NT website has it for like $25

Link

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#12Bring
Posted: 4/2/14 at 9:24pm

^ I saw that but assumed that international shipping would drive the price way up.

Videos