Stage Door for New World?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 6:35pm

I'm not one for stage dooring, but my daughter will likely want to do so for Bare -- Is there a "stage door"? Any info appreciated!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 6:44pm

Usually just wait in the lobby downstairs near the escalators and you'll see everyone since they all go out that way.

dramamama611
#2Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 6:50pm

Thanks, Jordan, really appreciate it!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

emma3386 Profile Photo
emma3386
#3Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 7:37pm

We went to the Stage Door after Rent last year and it was on 49th street. Almost everyone came out that door.

Dollypop
#4Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 8:05pm

I have friends who have performed at New World and there IS another way out (it lets out near Starbucks) but most people leave by means of the escalators.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#5Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 8:14pm

The cast will leave out the 49th street exit, and you'll likely be asked to wait outside that door, to keep the halls quiet for the other shows.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 8:15pm

I've never waited outside. Is that new?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#7Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 8:28pm

no, it isn't new. Fans of all the shows wait outside on 49th st. If you waited by coatcheck it may have been for stage 1 but even those fans are to wait outside.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 9:06pm

For rent there was someone stationed at their stage exit to stop fans. They were all directed to 49th street. The cast was also asked not to sign or take pictures in the lower lobby. The same, I think, is being done for BARE. You have to leave via the 50th street entrancqe where you came in and walk through the plaza to the stage door on 49th. They are stationing someone at the back stairs near stage 4 so patrons don't use them to get to the stage door. They also want the inside lobby area cleared of patrons before or no later than 11. So I suggest that you head straight for the stage door.

Jordan, standing inside the stage door will not affect any other shows. Plus
BARE is the last show to let out. If you are talking about the escalators on the bottom level, BARE patrons won't be allowed to stand down there. The theatwer is on the mezz level. They will be asked to come upstairs. The cast leaves through the stage door on 49th.

Dolly, they do not use that exit you mentioned. That is for emergencies only.

Just give the world Love.

dramamama611
#9Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 9:27pm

Thanks to all -- maybe all this chat is why I couldn't remember what I'd heard previously!

We'll head out for 49th then!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#10Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 9:50pm

to be clear and simple, folks - just wait outside the stagedoor entrance on 49th st!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#11Stage Door for New World?
Posted: 11/30/12 at 10:07pm

Exactly!

Just give the world Love.