pixeltracker

IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!

IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!

kidbroadway2
DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#2IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/10/12 at 9:30pm

If I lived in NYC, I'd be at this in a heartbeat! I love this show!

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#3IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/10/12 at 9:34pm

Will tickets for this be expensive? Or the price of a regular broadway show?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#4IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/10/12 at 9:39pm

The link says there are $30 tickets, but it doesn't give any other prices.
Updated On: 12/10/12 at 09:39 PM

grumpyoptimist
#5IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/11/12 at 12:52am

A friend of mine who stays in contact with several of the old cast members texted me when the story came out and said tickets to the general public are $45-150 ($30 tix are for people from the area). Probably will make the trip from Cali for this...never saw the original cast, by the time I saw it the first time both Mandy Gonzalez and Karen Olivo had left

jdtp12
#6IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/11/12 at 1:03am

Would really like to see this if I lived closer. It'd be nice if it was professionally filmed in some capacity, but I really don't see much of a possibility for that happening.

broadwayfever
#7IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/11/12 at 6:28am

I will definitely be attending.

One of my all-time favorites...can hardly wait to see the show.

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#8IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/11/12 at 9:35am

I was in NYC while the show was in previews. I'm still kicking myself for not taking a risk on a show I knew nothing about and seeing it for $30 a ticket. They were selling the WHOLE house for $30 a seat from what I understood. :-/

grumpyoptimist
#9IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 1:08am

According to the playbill.com story:
As part of the Viva Broadway initiative, upper Manhattan residents will have access to $30 tickets to In the Heights: In Concert by visiting the Manhattan Times Office, located at 5030 Broadway. Tickets will go on sale to the general public Dec. 14 via Telecharge.

playbill story Updated On: 12/12/12 at 01:08 AM

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#10IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 1:15am

I would love to see this having seen the original cast twice when In The Heights opened on Broadway. I feel the same way as DEClarke, if I lived in New York, I would be there in a heartbeat!

broadwayfever
#11IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 7:37pm

I you never got a chance to see this musical make sure you see it this time around. Especially, since the original cast is going to be performing.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#12IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 7:44pm

I'm crying because I live so far now.

::bust a move::

theminutepast
#13IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 9:22pm

The only problem is that it's on a Monday night.

center
#14IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 9:27pm

Does anyone know if Telecharge's 'on sale Friday' generally means typical box office/business hours or if it means Thursday at midnight?

grumpyoptimist
#15IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 11:45pm

The same friend who gave me the ticket price range told me Lin-Manuel's dad tweeted today it would be 10a EST. Yes, she apparently follows his father. She needs help.

grumpyoptimist
#16IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 11:48pm

And for the people who are saying "I wish I lived closer," I'm in San Diego. Unless you're in Hawaii or Alaska, I'm probably farther. And bringing a friend from LA. We're talking quasi-history here. Suck it up for love! (note: this is said mostly tongue-in-cheek, but I really am coming from San Diego for this event)

grumpyoptimist
#17IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/12/12 at 11:54pm

One last note: for the folk who are interested in the $30 neighborhood tix,this from the community newspaper (Manhattan Times):

A special block of tickets is available for northern Manhattan residents that can be purchased in person for $30 each at The Manhattan Times office located at 5030 Broadway, Room 801, New York, New York 10034 starting Tues., Dec. 18th.

To purchase tickets, please call 212.569.5800.

Please note:

• Only one ticket will be sold per person.

• Buyer must show proof of residence in northern Manhattan, defined as between West 155th and 228th Streets).

• Tickets must be paid with cash or with a credit card, no checks.
Full Manhattan Times Article (highly recommended read)

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#18IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/13/12 at 12:48am

Doh, was hoping it'd maybe at least be 2 tix per person, as I do live in the Heights and plan to get myself a $30 ticket...ah well. Guess ill be going solo, then. :)

grumpyoptimist
#19IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/13/12 at 1:12am

Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird. You might as well ask for two and let them tell you it's one per person :)

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#20IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/13/12 at 1:14am

Or go back a 2nd time another day and maybe get another person to sell me a 2nd? Lol. Unless they make some kind of record of your name and address, I suppose...

grumpyoptimist
abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#22IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/13/12 at 1:23am

Oh yeah, I'm sure it probably is...although, even if we couldn't sit together it'd be nice to get one of my equally poor friends in for $30! :) But I'll take what I can get...

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#23IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/13/12 at 7:17am

Hee... In the heights is in the heights......

center
#24IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!
Posted: 12/13/12 at 12:59pm

Thanks for the info, grumpyoptimist!