Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 205

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#5100Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/17/15 at 4:43pm

"I don't think any of the films nominated are worthy of winning"

You haven't seen them.

"I don't see movies I have already deemed as I won't like them because it will not be a great viewing experience"

LOL. So essentially you are basing your opinion on nothing. You say none of the films are worthy of winning yet you probably haven't seen any of them. You are a joke. And this clown calls me trite. #Ijustcant.

Updated On: 1/17/15 at 04:43 PM

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5101Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/17/15 at 4:47pm

Uh, no. I've see at least one. Therefore you're wrong. Ha. Ha.

You're a grumpy old man who has nothing better to do than be a bitter betty online.

Bucky Builder
#5102Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/17/15 at 4:51pm

You have seen 1 out of 8 films and somehow none of them are worthy? Yeah that makes sense. Clown.

LinManuelSondheim Profile Photo
LinManuelSondheim
#5103Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/17/15 at 5:19pm

Let's heat it down. We do not want to be like the people on IMDB who always curse their brains out and insult each other

Consistency
#5104Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/17/15 at 5:51pm

"I don't think any of the films nominated are worthy of winning. NONE of them."

Well, you're right. "The Tale of Princess Kaguya," "Only Lovers Left Alive," "Two Days, One Night," "Mr. Turner," "P'tit Quinquin," and "We Are the Best" weren't nominated, so there's no chance they're going to award my favorite film of the year.

"Oh, I mean real people. Not people that profess to love movies only to gush over films they see that are limited released and they feel OH so special for having seen them."

So your theory is that anyone who likes Oscar movies (none of which are particularly obscure) - or anyone who seeks out movies that don't open at 3000 theaters and make $500 million - isn't real? Fascinating. So basically anything foreign and/or indie is just for poseurs - the only legitimate movies (because they're the only ones "mass audiences" care about) are Hollywood productions with $200 million production budgets and massive advertising campaigns.

Man, I like most of the Best Pic nominated films this year (even if I can fully agree that the Oscars as a whole are kind of silly and overly political.) I'm so sad to learn that I'm not a real person. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

"OH, but I'm sure there are people that will profess how it wasn't that much of a mess of cliches..."

Yes, I'm sure there are people who will disagree with your condescending, uninformed rhetoric. Isn't that just awful? Incidentally, it's kind of funny that you have the temerity to turn around and call someone else "a grumpy old man who has nothing better to do than be a bitter betty online."

Something about motes and beams comes to mind.

-

Also, just for the record, your attitude is exactly what is wrong with Hollywood today.

Showface
#5105Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/17/15 at 7:25pm

"Speaking of Amazon, the retailer is also taking pre-orders for Walt Disney’s live action Into the Woods on Blu-ray and DVD on 3/24. In a bit of a Rumor Mill component, our retail sources are telling us to expect the Blu-ray to include audio commentary with the filmmakers, select song access, The Cast As Good As Gold featurette, and the multi-part Deeper Into the Woods documentary. We expect an official announcement soon."

This excites me so much! Thanks for sharing!

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#5106Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 2:37am

I love that this film introduced me to Billy Magnussen and his phenomenal ass.

Side note - can't help but feel on third viewing that "It Takes Two" slows down the first half. I enjoy the number but it doesn't keep it moving.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
Updated On: 1/18/15 at 02:37 AM

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#5107Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 10:14am

I would have been happy if they had replaced "It Takes Two" with dialogue and retained "No More" as a song. 'It Takes Two' is cute but not central to the theme of the show. "No More" is, and taking it out weakened the second half of the movie. The dialogue they replaced it with was very weak and left no impression at all.

Also...yes, Billy Magnussen's ass. Those leather pants should have gotten their own Academy Award nomination for Best Special Effects. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#5108Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 10:14am

Double post Updated On: 1/18/15 at 10:14 AM

Liza's Headband
#5109Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 11:24am

What's done is done. They kept "It Takes Two" and removed "No More." Move on.

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#5110Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 11:57am

"What's done is done. They kept "It Takes Two" and removed "No More." Move on. "

Hey, it's a discussion board. We're discussing. If I see a poster make a point that I agree with, I'm going to comment on it. If you'd rather not read it, just skip over it. Have a great day!

Liza's Headband
#5111Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 12:35pm

Discussing and complaining are two different things.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#5112Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 1:07pm

^ Who the fvck voted you BWW Message Board hall monitor?

Get your meds re-calibrated.
Updated On: 1/18/15 at 01:07 PM

BrerBear Profile Photo
BrerBear
#5113Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 1:22pm

I agree with the removal of "No More", but maybe that's just because it was never one of my favorite songs to begin with. And without the role of the Mysterious Man / Father in the movie, it doesn't add much to the Baker's character that we don't already get from his dialogue.

It's also another slow, downbeat song that would have almost immediately followed the much better "No One is Alone".

I feel that "It Takes Two" is much more necessary to include because it is one of the few positive moments between the Baker and Wife, who spend much of the movie arguing. It raises the stakes for when he loses her later, because there relationship had been turning around during the adventure.

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#5114Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 5:03pm

Into the Woods is now at $114,000,000 domestic box office wow who would have thought that this the film would have earned over $100,000,000 in just 4 weeks. On top of that 3 Oscar award nominations. I didn't believe some on here when they were predicting that this movie would be a major hit at the box office and a major contender at the Oscars, gosh I'm so glad I was wrong.

Updated On: 1/18/15 at 05:03 PM

Mrtrobz
#5115Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 5:07pm

Les Mserables was on a domestic $122,000,000 this time last years so Into the Woods is really holding its own, whether or not you care about numbers or success the fact remains that this can only serve well for future musical adaptations. It currently holds 114mil domestic with a budget of 11 million difference so this is performing at the same level domestically. There has yet to be some bigger international release yet for ITW for example China and Japan were it will probably make the most significant amount of sales.

Updated On: 1/18/15 at 05:07 PM

Bucky Builder
#5116Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 5:15pm

"and a major contender at the Oscars"

You are joking, correct?

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#5117Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 5:16pm

In it's forth week of distribution Les Mis was at $133,325,150

As for the foreign box office

In the UK Les Mis opened to $13,116,000
Into the Woods at $3,755,549

In Australia LM opened to : $14,304,375
ITW opened with:$ 3,055,041

The numbers don't make one picture better then the other just the fact that the audience for this movie is not as big as Les Mis. Considering the massive ad campaign that was done for the film around the holiday and the distribution costs I would venture to say that is might just break even at the box office. Remember the tim budget does NOT include the those into it which can in many cases are in the tens of millions to run.
Updated On: 1/18/15 at 05:16 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#5118Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 5:21pm

wow how would have thought that this the film would have earned over $100,000,000 in just 4 weeks.

I give up. How?

ETA: Ha ha. Now you should fix that it's. Updated On: 1/18/15 at 05:21 PM

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#5119Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 5:59pm

I was listening to the soundtrack today, and does anyone know if the singers for the finale (Children Will Listen/Into the Woods) are the cast members, or just a studio chorus of anonymous singers? I was listening close and I can't pick out any individual voices, such as Lilla Crawford who has a very distinct voice and you'd think she'd be easy to spot.

The listing on the soundtrack does say "Company", but the voices to me sound a lot more blended and 'professional' (if that's the word) than I imagine you'd get if you got Emily Blunt, James Corden, et al in a studio and recorded their voices, given that the majority of them are not singers by profession. Therefore I have to wonder if the choral numbers were "sweetened" with more singers than just the principal actors.

Starship
#5120Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 6:07pm

^ I wondered that the moment I heard it too. On top of sounding too 'professional,' I also thought it sounded too full.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#5121Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 6:48pm

There are a group of Background Voices that are credited during the ending credits. So my guess is they are the singers on the two songs in question.

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5122Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 8:17pm

"You have seen 1 out of 8 films and somehow none of them are worthy? Yeah that makes sense. Clown."

You think Birdman is good just because it's your view. Oh, yeah that makes sense.

I'm sorry to inform you, your opinion is no more valuable than the five year old that told me they liked Paddington Bear.

I know that'll cut you deep, but oh well. Your tears are but the sugar one needs to have a sweet (oh so sweet) cup of coffee.

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5123Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 8:19pm

"I agree with the removal of "No More", but maybe that's just because it was never one of my favorite songs to begin with. And without the role of the Mysterious Man / Father in the movie, it doesn't add much to the Baker's character that we don't already get from his dialogue."

True, but No More shows the Baker's frustration. They could have had a shorter version and eliminated his father all together.

Showface
#5124Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/15 at 11:41pm

This magnificent film just passed $140,000,000 at the Box Office! Hooray!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/INTO-THE-WOODS-Passes-140-Million-Worldwide-Box-Office-20150118

_________
"You are joking, correct?"

Probably not, because though it did get nominated for only three Oscars, it was a awards contender. There's no denying of that.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos